Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 306126 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges
      Reply #3174: Aug 05, 2019 06:39:58 pm
      All the best.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3175: Aug 05, 2019 06:40:32 pm
      A pro complains when another keeper takes his place and also has mistakes - what’s problem ? And coward in goal ?! Wow that’s poor , just because he made mistakes or isn’t at the top level of keepers.

There is a difference between people being critical when someone makes mistakes but last season he was crucial in helping Alisson settle and spent a whole season just sat on the bench - did he have a moan at one stage , I have no doubt he did just like any other player who sat on the bench.

Make a mistake in a game and he’d become a nervous wreck, he didn’t have the bottle.

Don’t try and spin it as that, if it was just that then do you think Klopp would be pulling him up and reminding him to be professional? Of course not. Publicly questioning the managers selection isn’t a good thing to be doing.

It’s comical, I have no doubts you’ve completely slated him and wanted him gone just as much as anyone else, now people are trying to pretend it never happened and he was a model professional. It’s laughable, especially by saying he was vital to Alisson settling, that’s complete bollocks, Alisson is a world class keeper and has fellow Brazilians at the club and Moreno who was also very close with the South American’s, he’d have settled just fine with or without Mignolet there.

Try and take a moral, YNWA stance all you want but you know you’ve laid into him just as much as everyone else.

Anyway, I’ve wasted enough time discussing Mignolet over the years, I’m done and we will just have to agree to disagree before we go in circles.
      « Last Edit: Aug 05, 2019 06:47:27 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3176: Aug 06, 2019 07:18:12 pm
      Good luck to him. Nowhere near as bad as some of the expert goalkeeping coaches on here would have you believe.

Bollocks he was sh*te!! Season 2013/2014 was his best season for us, all downhill from there on in.

Had this happened around the back end of 2015 or 2016 you arse kissing hypocritical bas**rds would have been having a party glad we got rid.

Literally a toss up between him and James as to who has the stupidest grin after they've fu**ed up and conceded a goal.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #3177: Aug 06, 2019 11:46:11 pm
      A coward in goal.

Like I said, short memories. It’s nothing to do with sticking the knife in, look it up and you can easily find the interviews he was giving about considering his future, saying that Klopp’s dealing with the keepers isn’t healthy etc etc.

Don’t start being all defensive of him now and trying to take some moral high ground when I have no doubts you all have slated him plenty of times.

Klopp addressing the moaning by Mignolet, reminding him that he’s well paid and shouldn’t be going to the papers complaining. No doubt a lighter version of a behind closed doors bollocking -

https://www.google.com/u/s/www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/Jürgen-klopp-simon-mignolet-liverpool-197559

Short memories regarding the model pro  :roll:

Yeh too right.  He made a fuss.  He was moaning when Karius came and when Klopp was rotating the two saying there should be a clear no.1 or something on them lines, it back fired on him and Karius became no.1.  Then like you say he was complaining when Karius was sent on loan.  In his head he thought he was one of the top Goalies in the league.  I mean he had spat with Courtois when he was Athletico over the international position.  Last season he had to completely changes things and try from another angle.   All the best he didn't go too over the top.  But he wasn't a model professional throughout.   All the best but he was not good enough.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3178: Aug 06, 2019 11:56:59 pm
      A coward in goal.

Like I said, short memories. It’s nothing to do with sticking the knife in, look it up and you can easily find the interviews he was giving about considering his future, saying that Klopp’s dealing with the keepers isn’t healthy etc etc.

Don’t start being all defensive of him now and trying to take some moral high ground when I have no doubts you all have slated him plenty of times.

Klopp addressing the moaning by Mignolet, reminding him that he’s well paid and shouldn’t be going to the papers complaining. No doubt a lighter version of a behind closed doors bollocking -

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/Jürgen-klopp-simon-mignolet-liverpool-197559

Short memories regarding the model pro  :roll:

I do like it when people who have probably never got further than sunday kickabout starts using the word coward around.  Whatever you thought of him as a keeper calling him a coward is pretty pathetic and way over the top.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3179: Aug 07, 2019 12:03:41 am
      Bollocks he was sh*te!! Season 2013/2014 was his best season for us, all downhill from there on in.

Had this happened around the back end of 2015 or 2016 you arse kissing hypocritical bas**rds would have been having a party glad we got rid.

Literally a toss up between him and James as to who has the stupidest grin after they've fu**ed up and conceded a goal.

Just because i said he wasn't as bad as some on here would have you believe that makes me an arse kisser and a hypocrite. I never said he was in the top rank of keepers . need to untwist your knicker elastic
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #3180: Aug 07, 2019 12:05:59 am
      Make a mistake in a game and he’d become a nervous wreck, he didn’t have the bottle.

Wait, is this the Karius thread?

Think that's part of the problem. Karius was idolised so when it became abundantly obvious that Mignolet was the better keeper, those in the Karius club had to keep spouting more nonsense about Mignolet being a coward, never coming off his line, couldn't pass, couldn't save, etc. etc.

He was right to be annoyed that Karius took his spot, because Karius was not better than Mignolet for a single day. Not even a training session. Klopp had his favourites, and Mignolet was not one. With Alisson, he took it perfectly well.

Meanwhile, Adrian is already talking about taking Alisson's spot.. so let's see how this goes.  :D
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #3181: Aug 07, 2019 12:07:15 am

Nah, Lucas wins that hands down.

Every time he messed up, he would just stand there and laugh.  :mad:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3182: Aug 07, 2019 12:14:22 am
      Nah, Lucas wins that hands down.

Every time he messed up, he would just stand there and laugh.  :mad:

Really ? Must be something in the water tonight
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3183: Aug 07, 2019 12:26:59 am
      I do like it when people who have probably never got further than sunday kickabout starts using the word coward around.  Whatever you thought of him as a keeper calling him a coward is pretty pathetic and way over the top.

Haha you have no idea the level I’ve played at.

Go untwist your kecks again, you seem to have a thing with jumping on my posts of late.
      Christ I’ve never know people to get so sensitive over a word like coward before, need to grow a pair for Christ sake.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3184: Aug 07, 2019 12:28:56 am
      Haha you have no idea the level I’ve played at.

Go untwist your kecks again, you seem to have a thing with jumping on my posts of late.

Playing with yourself probably doesn't count.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3185: Aug 07, 2019 12:31:03 am
      Playing with yourself probably doesn't count.

Yet you are calling me pathetic...
      Literally couldn’t make it up the level of hypocrisy in this thread.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3186: Aug 07, 2019 07:34:01 am
      Yet you are calling me pathetic...
      Literally couldn’t make it up the level of hypocrisy in this thread.

Or levels of hysteria
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3187: Aug 07, 2019 09:40:58 am
      Bloody hell people still arguing over Mignolet even after he's left!!

He was a fairly average keeper but not as sh*t as some make out and certainly not worse than Karius who was picked mostly for the German connection, same as Can. Yes shock horror Jürgen has his favourites and they tend to be ze germans, shame most German players don't have the same love for him, as evidenced by the number snubbing him and us for other clubs or the ones who run down their contracts costing the club money in lost transfer fees etc.

I think Simon has been a model pro throughout and I don't blame him for having a whinge when Jürgen was dicking about with the #1 jersey, constantly swapping it around, it was nonsense from Jürgen.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #3188: Aug 07, 2019 10:02:02 am
      Good luck lad
      Ynwa
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3189: Aug 07, 2019 08:33:41 pm
      I am F***ing delighted this clown is gone from the club. No player has caused me more rage than Mignolet, an absolute sh*t show and one of the worst goalkeepers the Premier League has ever seen, conceding on average every 2 shots on target he faced.

Good riddance.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #3190: Aug 09, 2019 05:48:58 am
      Thank god that chapter is over. Comedy of errors his career with us was and as said above, not the model pro some are making him out to be.

Always felt he never accepted responsibility for his balls up’s either.

Can still remember when he managed to put a goal kick out for a corner ffs.
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2019 12:17:59 pm by RedWilly »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3191: Aug 09, 2019 10:41:50 am
      Thank god that chapter is over. Comedy of errors his career with ya was and as said above, not the model pro some are making him out to be.

Always felt he never accepted responsibility for his balls up’s either.

Can still remember when he managed to put a goal kick out for a corner ffs.

You had to remind us..😂
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3192: Aug 09, 2019 11:53:10 am

I can remember when everyone was screaming for Bogdan to take over from him, well that lasted one match, we were all astonished that there was actually someone worse than Simon ;-)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3193: Nov 04, 2020 08:25:20 pm
      Playing in CL for Brugge vs. Dortmund. Simon glued to his line on a corner, header straight at him and he drops it in front of Haaland who scores from 3 yards out. Ah, the memories.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #3194: May 15, 2022 11:49:04 pm
      Won the league in belgium

jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #3195: Jan 27, 2023 07:14:43 pm
      Won the award for best Belgian player, I never understood the hate for him when he was here, he didn't make any more mistakes than our current Nr 1,  and I never forget his wonders ave against Aguero.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #3196: Jan 27, 2023 08:23:54 pm
      Won the award for best Belgian player, I never understood the hate for him when he was here, he didn't make any more mistakes than our current Nr 1,  and I never forget his wonders ave against Aguero.

Can’t decide if your serious or not , was an ok goalkeeper never top drawer .

Quick Reply