Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

FA = farce? No disciplinary action for Walker

Read 2797 times
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      FA = farce? No disciplinary action for Walker
      Sep 11, 2013 04:16:27 am
      So the all mighty FA has decided they will not do anything with Walker.  Even Harry Redknapp voiced his displeasure. 

I am peeved here.  Aparently biting (which is obviously horrible as well) is infinitely worse than someone smoking nitrous oxide... which can kill you. GOOD JOB once again FA... you continuously set the bar lower and lower.

--

Former Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp has taken a swipe at the FA by accusing them of double standards over the Kyle Walker 'hippy crack' incident.

Walker, who was snapped in Sunday's newspapers inhaling nitrous oxide through a balloon - otherwise known as laughing gas - will not face any disciplinary action from the FA, something Redknapp believes is wrong.

He told talkSPORT: 'If he doesn’t get some sort of reprimand there’s something wrong.'

'I’ll be honest with you, if he was playing for Rochdale or somebody they’d throw the book at him, the FA.

'But because he’s an England player and we need him, it looks like nothing’s going to happen.'

Redknapp was Walker's boss at White Hart Lane between 2009 and 2012, but didn't hold back in criticising the FA for their lack of action over the 23-year-old's misdemeanor.

'I’m disappointed with the way he’s behaved,' Redknapp, who is currently manager at QPR, added.

'I’ve got grandkids and they are football mad every one of them and they see that picture of him on the back pages doing that.

'It sends out bad signals for me. It’s not what I want to see.

'They [my grandkids] love him, they love all the [Tottenham] players.

'It was a bad, bad picture. Drugs wasn’t part of our life when I was growing up, but when I see someone doing that, sniffing whatever that is, and apparently it can kill kids, that is a bad message to be sending out.'
      Regretful: Walker has since apologised for letting himself and his country down

Regretful: Walker has since apologised for letting himself and his country down

In a statement issued to Sportsmail on Sunday, Walker admitted he had let England down.

'I have now been made aware of the health risks associated with the practice and accept that my actions were of poor judgement,' said Walker in a statement issued by Tottenham.

'I hope this will in no way influence or encourage others into putting their own health at risk.'

Later on Sunday evening, Walker was on Twitter and added: 'Apologies for not commenting sooner on a story about me today. I've been training and am focused on Tuesday's game for England.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2416866/Harry-Redknapp-accuses-FA-double-standards-letting-Kyle-Walker-hippy-crack-incident.html
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Re: FA = farce? No disciplinary action for Walker
      Reply #1: Sep 11, 2013 04:51:33 am
      I understand people getting pissed off with him, he is a role model to kids but it is a legal high and it isn't half as bad as the media are making it out to be.
      Bier
      Reply #2: Sep 11, 2013 07:12:33 am
      It's good they haven't done anything about this. It's a legal substance. If they're going to punish players for doing this then they'll have to punish players for smoking and drinking too. Primarily it's stupid of him to do this in public, but nothing more than that. What players wish to do in their private lifes is upto them, even if it is unhealthy. And it's upto the clubs and managers to deal with these kind of things, not upto the FA. The FA are already interfering too much into players' lifes as it is.

And the FA are a bunch of dicks, but I can't even remotely see the comparison between biting on the field and something like this.
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2013 07:28:04 am by Bier »
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #3: Sep 11, 2013 10:26:16 am
      If it was Suarez the FA would probably give him a season ban or something, biased C****.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4: Sep 11, 2013 10:56:03 am
      Meh... a balloon sucking laughing gas from a balloon... no big deal.

Tarquin, Tobias, Caspian and Sebastian have been doing that pansy sh*te for years at Glastonbury (for example). It's very fashionable amongst upper-middle class kids too afraid to get wasted proper.  Safer off drinking shandy... better hit. >:D
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #5: Sep 11, 2013 11:02:55 am
      Fact of the matter is, what he done was completely legal. It doesn't look good nor does it send out a good message to those who idolise him, but you can't punish someone for an off the pitch incident that wasn't breaking the law.

All kids grow up taking drugs nowadays so what's the difference? It's the parents, not the footballers. I know the purpose of the post is about the hypocrisy from the FA though. They are hypocrites and will always make a scapegoat out of certain individuals.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #6: Sep 11, 2013 11:05:41 am
      Drinking a pint of beer is worse than inhailing some sodding laughing gas.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #7: Sep 11, 2013 11:09:22 am
      Drinking a pint of beer is worse than inhailing some sodding laughing gas.

Drinking alcohol is worse than many things.. but it's taxed, so therefore legal ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #8: Sep 11, 2013 11:19:53 am
      Agree with the others, it's legal and this is a non-story hyped up by the good ole British media.

Now I appreciate he's both a role model and a professional athlete who needs to be looking after himself so his employers and Spuds fans would be right to be pissed off if he'd been snapped staggering about with a belly full of perfectly legal Strongbow but this? F**k all as far as I'm concerned and the FA would and should have no right to take action.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #9: Sep 11, 2013 06:21:53 pm
      tbh my perspective is that this might be a slippery slope if not nipped at the bud.  Nitrous oxide is def legal... probably still not a good thing to have a picture taken of but not illegal. 

I think if anything, it might be in FA's best interest to issue a general statement saying that as players you are all role models and have to uphold the professionalism that is associated with this responsibility.

I guess where I am coming from but as a professional accountant, when one of my peers is indicted or charged .. or even does 'creative accounting' my accounting body issues out a general statement just to say, ok guys... remember our responsibilities.

Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #10: Sep 11, 2013 07:21:43 pm
      Why should the FA reprimand him? He didn't break the law or the rules of the game.  I could understand Spurs giving him a fine, but the FA have no right to do anything.

Mostly it begs the question: who gives a flying F**k?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Sep 11, 2013 10:39:26 pm
      Can't wait until he hits the harder stuff, gas next, then glue, then he'll be hanging around with the fat dancer from Take That doing Coke.

Seriously though, who actually gives a F**k ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #12: Sep 13, 2013 01:11:29 am
      tbh my perspective is that this might be a slippery slope if not nipped at the bud. 

Compared to what some footballer's take, it's F**k all really!

And really who's arsed, he's a sh*te right back from Spurs!!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #13: Sep 13, 2013 06:53:32 pm
      Its another example of the press and media hypocrisy. How many pics have we seen of athletes and celebs drinking in clubs and yet never hear the outrage. Alcohol and its effects on the body and society are infinitely worse than NOS.  Walker is an Idiot and should never have allowed the pic to be taken but, its no big deal.  I agree w/ Redknapp that the FA is fu**ed and its all political, but to penalize or suspend this kid is insane.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #14: Sep 13, 2013 08:45:53 pm
      doing 'nossies' isn't a very big deal
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #15: Sep 14, 2013 09:00:13 am
      You can't charge him for that, would be similar to charging players for drinking/smoking
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #16: Sep 14, 2013 09:22:00 am
      Can't wait until he hits the harder stuff, gas next, then glue, then he'll be hanging around with the fat dancer from Take That doing Coke.

Seriously though, who actually gives a F**k ?

So everyone who takes Nitrous Oxide will eventually take harder stuff?

I've taken Nitrous Oxide, but it doesn't mean I'll end up taking coke tonight or in 20 years time.

I thought it was overrated myself, didn't get any real buzz from it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17: Sep 14, 2013 09:35:29 am
      And really who's arsed, he's a sh*te right back from Spurs!!

He really is sh*t, too.

Quick Reply