Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The non-Liverpool Transfer/Gossip Thread: Summer Window 2013

Read 22679 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: The non-Liverpool Transfer/Gossip Thread: Summer Window 2013
      Reply #184: Aug 16, 2013 02:13:57 am
      Southampton are fairly knocking cash around. Rumours that they're going for Osvaldo from Roma now for €18m.

;D if this happens. Not a bad player but if he's worth €18 I'm scared to think what they value Lamela.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #185: Aug 16, 2013 09:41:47 am
      AVB has been seriously undermined by Daniel Levy over the bale situation, but he should never have come out and said that he has assurances Bale will not leave at any price. I have seen managers resign over this sort of thing, but AVB is just carrying on like nothing has happened, he must be f*cking seething inside!!

AVB will know full well what the situation is regarding Bale but everybody at the club has to stick with the line that he's not for sale to ensure that maximum value is received when he goes. Levy is a decent owner and runs the club well but there is no way he would sanction purchases of Capoue, Paulihno and Soldado without being pretty certain that the Bale money was coming, be it this window or next.

On another subject, I mentioned in the betting thread a few weeks back that you can get 66/1 on Napoli for the CL. Well that has narrowed to 50/1 now but with Callejon, Higuain, Mertens, Pandev, Hamsik, Reina and Dossena  :f_tongueincheek: already there, they're heavily rumoured to be in for Mascherano. If they get him and with Rafa charge, I'd say it's still worth a few quid!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #186: Aug 16, 2013 10:30:24 am
      AVB will know full well what the situation is regarding Bale but everybody at the club has to stick with the line that he's not for sale to ensure that maximum value is received when he goes. Levy is a decent owner and runs the club well but there is no way he would sanction purchases of Capoue, Paulihno and Soldado without being pretty certain that the Bale money was coming, be it this window or next.

On another subject, I mentioned in the betting thread a few weeks back that you can get 66/1 on Napoli for the CL. Well that has narrowed to 50/1 now but with Callejon, Higuain, Mertens, Pandev, Hamsik, Reina and Dossena  :f_tongueincheek: already there, they're heavily rumoured to be in for Mascherano. If they get him and with Rafa charge, I'd say it's still worth a few quid!
      can't see Masch leaving, Napoli will be an interesting team to watch no matter who's in the dugout
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #187: Aug 16, 2013 03:16:23 pm
      "Marca say Falcao has been transfer listed as the club are worried about taxes. Crazy".   :o ???

MrBoywunder ‏@MrBoywunder 2h

"Some reports saying Falcao want's to play for Madrid & some say taxes. Either way it seems he's available."

"MrBoywunder ‏@MrBoywunder 46m

Basically, the French league has told Monaco they must relocate to France by 2014 therefore they can get taxed the same as the rest"

MrBoywunder ‏@MrBoywunder 46m

"Monaco have take the league to the court to challenge it. But there has been no decision."

This chap is pretty reliable, and doesn't just spout stuff for the sake of it
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #188: Aug 16, 2013 03:17:47 pm
      Marca say Falcao has been transfer listed as the club are worried about taxes. Crazy.   :o ???

Real Madrid time.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #189: Aug 16, 2013 03:22:26 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea went for him instead of Rooney.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #190: Aug 16, 2013 04:14:59 pm
      "Marca say Falcao has been transfer listed as the club are worried about taxes. Crazy".

Or they've just found out his real age  :f_tongueincheek:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4879 
      Reply #191: Aug 16, 2013 10:34:06 pm
      Surely nothing can happen with Falcao anyway until January due to the rule about signing for more than two clubs in one calender year.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #192: Aug 16, 2013 11:03:19 pm
      Or they've just found out his real age  :f_tongueincheek:

Hahahahaha!

Either that or Madrid have fu**ed off the idea of spending silly money on Chimp Boy, can't be arsed with Suarez and want to buy Falcao to piss off Atletico.

Or Marca are just in sh*t-stirring mode again.

Surely nothing can happen with Falcao anyway until January due to the rule about signing for more than two clubs in one calender year.

But if it's Madrid, Uefa will turn a blind eye, we're talking about the mancs of Europe here!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #193: Aug 16, 2013 11:23:12 pm
      Meanwhile at Old Trafford....

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #194: Aug 19, 2013 06:38:39 pm
      Fulham just signed Scott Parker.
      Got bit of business for them i reckon.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #195: Aug 19, 2013 06:53:07 pm
      ^not a bad bit of business for mr Parker aswell mate 3yr deal @ 32!!! Not bad at all.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #196: Aug 19, 2013 06:56:16 pm
      ^not a bad bit of business for mr Parker aswell mate 3yr deal @ 32!!! Not bad at all.
      Not surprising considering how well Danny Murphy did there in his 30s. Good move for both parties this one.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #197: Aug 19, 2013 07:19:49 pm
      No Mata for Chelsea yesterday....odd no? Maybe we should throw in a bid for him?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #198: Aug 19, 2013 07:21:33 pm
      No Mata for Chelsea yesterday....odd no? Maybe we should throw in a bid for him?

Heard it was due to a minor injury, a knock or something
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #199: Aug 19, 2013 07:41:51 pm

Heard it was due to a minor injury, a knock or something

Ya, heard the same. Had him captain in fantasy until I heard he was struggling for fitness. He made the bench I think?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #200: Aug 20, 2013 11:23:06 pm
      http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/423539/Tottenham-splash-the-cash-to-bring-in-Willian-and-Lamela-as-Gareth-Bale-nears-exit-door

What a team Spurs are going to have!

Like some have suggested, they wont just make top 4, if those guys gel quickly they could really push for more. Not going to suggest a title challenge but next year, if they try again I think they could be knocking on the door.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #201: Aug 20, 2013 11:25:27 pm
                 Soldado
      Willian              Lamela
                Dembele
          Paulinho  Capoue

Offer them some sort of attack. Walker and Coentrao on the flanks too. Quite impressive. Sandro and Chadli as subs.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4879 
      Reply #202: Aug 20, 2013 11:25:27 pm
      http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/423539/Tottenham-splash-the-cash-to-bring-in-Willian-and-Lamela-as-Gareth-Bale-nears-exit-door

What a team Spurs are going to have!

Like some have suggested, they wont just make top 4, if those guys gel quickly they could really push for more. Not going to suggest a title challenge but next year, if they try again I think they could be knocking on the door.

I am secretly a bit jealous of Spurs side this season and I'm one who usually doesn't give a sh*t about other clubs.

I've made no secret that I think Bale is currently one of the most over rated footballer playing the game so I would have no problem with selling him for the ridiculous fee they will get if I was a Spurs fan. I actually know two Spurs fans who are of exactly the same opinion as well.

I also rate AVB very highly as well and he was one I would have liked here as manager before we made the Brendan appointment.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #203: Aug 20, 2013 11:27:51 pm
      I am secretly a bit jealous of Spurs side this season and I'm one who usually doesn't give a sh*t about other clubs.

I've made no secret that I think Bale is currently one of the most over rated footballer playing the game so I would have no problem with selling him for the ridiculous fee they will get if I was a Spurs fan. I actually know two Spurs fans who are of exactly the same opinion as well.

I also rate AVB very higly as well and he was one I would have liked here as manager before we made the Brendan appointment.

Agree completely up to the AVB point, not a huge fan of his but would have preferred him to Brendan at the time, I agree with that too.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4879 
      Reply #204: Aug 20, 2013 11:28:46 pm
      Agree completely up to the AVB point, not a huge fan of his but would have preferred him to Brendan at the time, I agree with that too.

AVB wasn't my first choice but would have been higher up my list than Brendan.

Way higher in fact but that time has gone now.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #205: Aug 20, 2013 11:57:41 pm
                 Soldado
      Willian              Lamela
                Dembele
          Paulinho  Capoue

Offer them some sort of attack. Walker and Coentrao on the flanks too. Quite impressive. Sandro and Chadli as subs.

:(
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #206: Aug 22, 2013 01:00:23 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23795802

Bale's move to Real is becoming more likely by the day. Not far from becoming a formality now. As wonderful a year he had last season he is not worth a status of 'world's most expensive player'. Tottenham will be able to cash in on the losses made in this summers transfer window. With no windfall having missed out on the Champions League it was simply bizarre that they would spent that amount of money. Never good losing your talisman though. Regardless of who you bring in as a replacement or replacements, nothing can really fill that massive void when you lose your superstar and often you're left off with a weaker squad than a stronger one.

Going to watch Tblisi v Spurs tonight on ITV4 to see how Spurs are and even how they compare to us. On paper you would easily say they have the better team and they should finish ahead of us but I have real confidence that we could challenge them and finish ahead of them. I believe and have confidence that there is a greater team ethic with us and the talent is diversified to a greater extent in our team rather than monopolised in the way it was with Gareth Bale last season. I also believe that we can play a higher standard of football than them.
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2013 01:07:12 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »

Quick Reply