Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

The non-Liverpool Transfer/Gossip Thread: Summer Window 2013

Read 22788 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: The non-Liverpool Transfer/Gossip Thread: Summer Window 2013
      Reply #23: Jun 30, 2013 08:18:29 pm
      Blackpool accept Cardiff City offer for Tom Ince
      Blackpool have accepted a bid from Cardiff City for Tom Ince, according to his manager and father, Paul Ince.

Cardiff are looking to strengthen after promotion to the Premier League and are set to sign Denmark striker Andreas Cornelius from FC Copenhagen for £7.5m.

ut Paul Ince believes it is only "50-50" whether his 21-year-old son will move for a fee reported to be £8m.

"Cardiff have come in massively for Thomas, the chairman's [Karl Oyston] accepted the offer," Ince said.
      "I'm not sure what the offer is because I've been away but it's been accepted.
      "So it's a case of when he comes back next week, Thomas, we'll sit down and see what he wants to do."

Blackpool have been on warm-weather training in Portugal, but Tom Ince was given extra time off because of his involvement with England Under-21s at the European Championship, and is not due back at the club until a week on Monday.

He is one of the most sought-after players in the Championship having established himself as a goal-scoring midfielder at Bloomfield Road, scoring 18 times in 49 appearances last season.

Reading failed with an offer for Ince in January, while he had been expected to move to Liverpool during the winter transfer window, but a disagreement over his value brought that deal to a halt.

Ince told BBC Late Kick Off North West in March that he will not let his highly rated son leave Bloomfield Road unless he joins a club where he is guaranteed to play.

And he reiterated his son's desire to stay on Sunday, adding: "He loves it here. He said to me, 'I'm in no rush to get to the Premier League, I'm in no rush to leave Blackpool'."

"I think it's 50-50 at the moment. It's a tricky one for me because obviously you want your son to be playing in the Premier League, but you obviously want your son to be playing with you.

"As far as improvement is concerned there's still a long way for Thomas to go and will he get that if he went to the Premier League? I'm not too sure.

"I know what he needs because he's grown up with me. Another year wouldn't hurt him at Blackpool."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23121880

Forgot about Ince,

Obviously not needed here now.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #24: Jul 02, 2013 09:12:22 am
      Tottenham have agreed a £17million deal to sign midfielder Paulinho from Corinthians, according to the Brazilian club.

02 JULY 2013

The Brazil international held a press conference on Monday, one day after lifting the Confederations Cup with his country, to confirm he is leaving the Sao Paulo club. The club also said in a statement on their website that Spurs were set to pay 20 millions euros (£17m) to release the player from his current deal.

"It's hard to say anything at a moment like this, but I am sure those were three wonderful years in my career, with many titles and working with the right people, who always helped me," Paulinho, 24, told reporters.

"What I have to say to Corinthians is 'see you soon'. Pretty soon I'll be back, owing to everything you have done for me."

The statement from Corinthians thanked Paulinho for his contribution to the team, with the midfielder helping them win the Campeonato Brasileiro in 2011 and both the Copa Libertadores and the Club World Cup last year.

He scored 34 goals in 167 appearances for the club and was also instrumental in Brazil's 3-0 victory over Spain in the final of the Confederations Cup.

Spurs offered no comment when contacted on Monday night.

This is the player Inter wanted in January when they let Coutinho go.
      Great signing for Spurs.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #25: Jul 02, 2013 11:52:13 am
      Samba back to Anzhi for 12 million :lmao: Who's running these clubs?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #26: Jul 02, 2013 11:56:54 am
      Samba back to Anzhi for 12 million  Who's running these clubs?

Amazing isn't it? I was laughing my tits off when Arry paid £12m for him on a 4yr contract and I'm absolutely gobsmacked that Anzi have gone and paid full whack to get him back. Surely there must have been some sort of relegation clause in the initial deal, ie. "if we go down, you buy him back for what we paid"??
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27: Jul 02, 2013 12:13:22 pm
      Amazing isn't it? I was laughing my tits off when Arry paid £12m for him on a 4yr contract and I'm absolutely gobsmacked that Anzi have gone and paid full whack to get him back. Surely there must have been some sort of relegation clause in the initial deal, ie. "if we go down, you buy him back for what we paid"??

Or washing dirty money ;)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #28: Jul 02, 2013 01:48:48 pm
      I read that Arsenal had a bid of about 18.5m rejected for Lars Bender. That's the kind of player I'd love for us to be in for.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #29: Jul 02, 2013 02:17:11 pm
      Paulinho at Spurs :(
      Great player, a bit like Ramires in the sense that they're both originally seen as defensive midfielders ('second' volantes) but are actually dynamic forces in midfield - defend, create, score goals.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #30: Jul 02, 2013 05:16:27 pm

And you can't help but feel that 'Arry hasn't done too badly on the deal either.

The Kooks - Rosie
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #31: Jul 02, 2013 09:57:11 pm
      Paulinho at Spurs :(
      Great player, a bit like Ramires in the sense that they're both originally seen as defensive midfielders ('second' volantes) but are actually dynamic forces in midfield - defend, create, score goals.

I really like Ramires. Is Paulinho as good Diego? Or Better?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32: Jul 02, 2013 11:35:09 pm
      F***ing Spuds. We get Coutinho so they automatically think we (them) better get our own "inho". F***ing unoriginal cu*ts.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #33: Jul 03, 2013 12:07:26 am
      Pauliho looks like he has the build of huddlestone but with the ability of Ramires
      Quite a buy by spurs.
      Know we hate them but they sure seem to go about their business quietly and efficiently.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Jul 03, 2013 12:10:11 am
      Pauliho looks like he has the build of huddlestone but with the ability of Ramirez.
      Quite a buy by spurs.
      Know we hate them but they sure seem to go about their business quietly and efficiently.

Would have been the ideal player for Inter's 3-5-2.
      Always thought he would go there after Coutinho left.
      Guess they have F**k all money.
      Would probably do for Spurs what Ramirez did for Chelsea, under Benitez, which is a shame.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #35: Jul 03, 2013 03:18:55 pm
      Sunderland sign Don Vito Corleone Mannone as their replacement for Mignolet.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #36: Jul 03, 2013 07:19:47 pm
      I really like Ramires. Is Paulinho as good Diego? Or Better?

I'll be interested to see how he adapts to England but if he can adapt quickly then yeah I think he could be on a pair with Ramires... when Ramires wasn't called for the national team I thought it a grave mistake but Paulinho proved to be a more than capable replacement. I compare these two for their dynamism and ability to score goals from midfield... big fan of both.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #37: Jul 04, 2013 01:26:58 pm
      Marco van Ginkel: Chelsea set to complete deal for midfielder

Chelsea have agreed a deal with Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem for their midfielder Marco van Ginkel.

The 20-year-old Dutch international is set to become Jose Mourinho's second signing of the summer after the arrival of Germany forward Andre Schurrle.

The Blues added in a statement: "The player will join Chelsea subject to a medical, agreement of personal terms and legal documentation."

Reports have suggested the 20-year-old is valued at about £8m.

Van Ginkel joined Vitesse's academy as a seven-year-old in 1999 and came through the ranks before making his first-team debut in April 2010.

He was a regular last season and emerged as one of the team's star performers as Vitesse secured fourth place in the Dutch top flight.

The midfielder made his international debut against Germany last November and was included in the Netherlands Under-21 squad for the recent European Championship in Israel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23148099
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #38: Jul 04, 2013 08:30:25 pm
      Hope Bier pops by. Never heard of the guy but seems like he's a brilliant prospect.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #39: Jul 04, 2013 10:39:20 pm
      Hope Bier pops by. Never heard of the guy but seems like he's a brilliant prospect.

Bier? He's not bad, bit like Dexter used to be really, nice enough bloke and seems to know what he's talking about but I'm not sure what you mean by "prospect"? For staff, maybe?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #40: Jul 04, 2013 10:55:56 pm
      West Brom sign Anelka on a one year deal.

Good pickup from Steve Clarke, they need to replace the goals Lukaku provided for them last season. Can see Anelka scoring a good amount for them, even if he is aging.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #41: Jul 04, 2013 11:35:07 pm
      Don't rate Ramires at all myself but Paulinho I do like (from the Brazil games I've seen), going to be a great buy for Spurs if it goes through.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42: Jul 04, 2013 11:40:43 pm
      West Brom sign Anelka on a one year deal.

Good pickup from Steve Clarke, they need to replace the goals Lukaku provided for them last season. Can see Anelka scoring a good amount for them, even if he is aging.

Thought he had retired
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #43: Jul 05, 2013 09:15:48 am
      I keep reading that Southampton are looking to sign Leandro Damião, Victor Wanyama and Éver Banega. Be an interesting team of they can pull those off!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #44: Jul 05, 2013 11:35:00 am
      Bier? He's not bad, bit like Dexter used to be really, nice enough bloke and seems to know what he's talking about but I'm not sure what you mean by "prospect"? For staff, maybe?

what happened to dexter? havent seen him online for a while.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #45: Jul 05, 2013 11:54:16 am
      what happened to dexter? havent seen him online for a while.

Nobody knows, he just randomly stopped posting... then bier appeared  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply