Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Premier League 2013/14

Read 136806 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Premier League 2013/14
      Reply #2668: May 07, 2014 09:41:57 pm
      Come on West Ham trounce them  :couch:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2669: May 07, 2014 09:47:59 pm
      Whatever the outcome on the final day i will be proud of the team. Never in my lifetime have i been able to say that i will be watching Liverpool's last game of the season with them having the chance to win the tittle. F**k me even typing it makes me happy, we have come on leaps and bounds this season. We should remember that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2670: May 07, 2014 10:01:30 pm
      Toure there reminding me of Lucas with that power and pace  :f_tongueincheek:

What a player that lad is.

He's awesome. Has the similar impact on his team as Vieira had on Arsenal, such a lynchpin, such a figurehead!
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #2671: May 07, 2014 10:08:46 pm
      Feel like that's fairly irrelevant. We had opportunities to take points against the same villa team and failed, we also failed to hold a safe 3-0 lead for 11 minutes.

I don't recall Villa sitting in their own box, with nothing to play for.. and simply allowing us to have the ball all game.

They made it as easy as possible for City. Therefore 4-0. Could have been more.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2761 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2672: May 07, 2014 10:17:49 pm
      Its not Villas fault lads, we let a 3 goal lead slip 48 hours ago
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2673: May 07, 2014 10:24:29 pm
      Its not Villas fault lads, we let a 3 goal lead slip 48 hours ago
      If city beat The Hammers on Sunday then our draw with Palace will be irrelevant ,

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #2674: May 07, 2014 10:37:29 pm
      What an achievement by Sunderland to stay up.

Last five games have included trips to City, Chelsea and United and they've come away with 13 out of 15 points.
      RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #2675: May 07, 2014 11:02:33 pm
      What an achievement by Sunderland to stay up.

Last five games have included trips to City, Chelsea and United and they've come away with 13 out of 15 points.

Would of been the full 15 had Mannone not made that howler against City. Typical.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #2676: May 07, 2014 11:19:21 pm
      Regardless of our current situation and the heart ache we all feel....this season overall has been fantastic.

The premier league is the best soap opera, drama and roller coaster out there.

So bitterly sad but in a weird way it's an emotion that i haven't felt in a long time.

It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #2677: May 07, 2014 11:54:09 pm
      I hate Manchester City and their "buying" of the title.

Don't care if they finish ahead of us or not, to me we are the rightful champs this season.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #2678: May 08, 2014 01:38:31 am
      Just got this funny feeling that Nolan and Carroll are going to help us win this Title.  ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2679: May 08, 2014 03:24:11 am
      Nolan is a red. He'll do his best and his pals Downing and Carroll will knock in a few each.

Maybe? Hopefully!
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2680: May 08, 2014 05:05:51 pm
      FA propose a new League 3 for B teams and top Conference Premier teams to integrate into for the 16-17 season, along with other ways of helping English talent develop.

Full FA report: http://t.co/xS1nAOcU4b

B Team is in section 4.2

Key elements of the proposal:

All Premier League clubs at the start of the 2015-16 season would be eligible
      for a B team to be playing in the lower leagues in 2016-17.

It would be up to each individual club to decide whether or not it wanted one.

B teams would play in stadia, most likely a small stadium built expressly for
      the purpose or at a nearby lower league club’s stadium shared in return for
      investment in improved pitch and facilities.

Space for these clubs would be made primarily through the creation of a new
      League 3 within the Football League in 2016-17.

This division would initially be made up of 20 clubs of which up to ten would be Premier League B teams
      and the other ten places would be taken by the top teams from the Conference Premier.

By creating spaces within the current footballing pyramid, no clubs would be
      displaced by this system.

There could be a later option of enlarging the new League 3 to 24 teams,
      depending on the number of Premier League clubs that eventually wanted
      or became eligible for a B team.

Should more than ten Premier League clubs want and be eligible for a B team
      in 2016-17, further B teams would initially play in the Conference Premier in
      that season.

There would be promotion and relegation between the four leagues – League
      1, League 2, League 3 and Conference Premier.

B teams would be unable to progress into the Championship and must always be at least one division
      below the senior team.

The reorganisation of the league system could allow the introduction of a
      universal three up, three down approach across all four leagues. It could also
      allow a reduction in league size, if that were desired.

B teams would not be able to play in The FA or League cups butt it may make
      sense for them to be able to play in an enlarged Johnstone’s Paint Trophy.

B teams playing in the Football League or the Conference would not be voting
      members of those leagues. They will be associate members only.

The eventual structure and distribution of B teams would clearly be a decision
      for the clubs in the Football League and the Conference.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2681: May 13, 2014 10:54:05 am
      Leicester City: Billionaire owner 'will spend £180m' to make top five

Newly-promoted Leicester City's owner wants a top-five finish in the Premier League within three years - and will spend the money needed to get there.

The Championship title winners have returned to the top flight after a decade-long absence.
      Billionaire Thai chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha outlined the club's next steps to reporters in Bangkok.

He said: "It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10bn Thai Baht (£180m), to get there. That doesn't put us off."
      Srivaddhanaprabha added: "I am asking for three years, and we'll be there.

"We won't take the huge leap to challenge the league's top five clubs immediately.

"Do we have a chance to beat them? Yes, we have, but I think we need to establish our foothold in the league first and then we think about our next step.

Nigel Pearson's side collected 102 points on their way to landing the Championship title. And the manager shares his chairman's optimism.
      "The important thing is we're going with a belief that we can achieve," he said after showing off the Championship trophy to fans in the Thai capital.

"It's important we continue to improve everything about ourselves. So, we can challenge for the top five. But, of course, one step at the time."

Leicester have qualified for Europe three times, most recently as the 2000 League Cup winners. They went out of the 2000-01 Uefa Cup in the first round, losing 4-2 on aggregate to Red Star Belgrade of Serbia.

Srivaddhanaprabha's consortium took over at Leicester in 2010.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27387616

Winds me up when clubs who have just gotten promoted think they can break into the very top bracket of clubs before they've even kicked a ball in the Premier League. It wasn't that long ago that Sunderland - after recently getting promoted - said they have the ability to get into Europe by breaking into the top 6. Look where that got them...
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #2682: May 13, 2014 11:20:48 am
      look where Spuds end up whit there spent and they are not new to the league.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #2683: May 13, 2014 11:30:25 am

Newly-promoted Leicester City's owner wants a top-five finish in the Premier League within three years - and will spend the money needed to get there.

The Championship title winners have returned to the top flight after a decade-long absence.
      Billionaire Thai chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha outlined the club's next steps to reporters in Bangkok.

He said: "It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10bn Thai Baht (£180m), to get there. That doesn't put us off."

"We won't take the huge leap to challenge the league's top five clubs immediately.

"Do we have a chance to beat them? Yes, we have, but I think we need to establish our foothold in the league first and then we think about our next step.

Nigel Pearson's side collected 102 points on their way to landing the Championship title. And the manager shares his chairman's optimism.
      "The important thing is we're going with a belief that we can achieve," he said after showing off the Championship trophy to fans in the Thai capital.

"It's important we continue to improve everything about ourselves. So, we can challenge for the top five. But, of course, one step at the time."

Leicester have qualified for Europe three times, most recently as the 2000 League Cup winners. They went out of the 2000-01 Uefa Cup in the first round, losing 4-2 on aggregate to Red Star Belgrade of Serbia.

Winds me up when clubs who have just gotten promoted think they can break into the very top bracket of clubs before they've even kicked a ball in the Premier League. It wasn't that long ago that Sunderland - after recently getting promoted - said they have the ability to get into Europe by breaking into the top 6. Look where that got them...

I don't think Cas will be switching loyalties anytime soon.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2684: May 13, 2014 02:06:35 pm
      Liverpool earn Premier League high of £99m for 2013/14

Liverpool were the Premier League’s top earners for the 2013/14 season, earning £99m in total from prize money for finishing second and their share of TV revenue.

The Reds received £22.8m for finishing second in the Premier League, and a further £77m from TV revenue.

The total amount received is £1m more than Premier League winners Manchester City, due to Liverpool’s share of the TV revenue being higher as they were shown live more than times than City.

It’s also a huge increase on the £54.8m Liverpool received in TV revenue last season, and vastly more than last year’s title winners Man United received (£60m).
      The increased revenue across the board this season is due to the new TV deal which began this year, with the Premier League’s broadcast rights being sold for £3.018bn.

Numerous reports recently have indicated that Brendan Rodgers will be given £60m to spend this summer, plus any money raised by sales of players.

Liverpool could splash some of that money this week, with reports suggesting a £20m bid for Southampton and England midfielder Adam Lallana.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/05/liverpool-earn-premier-league-high-99m-201314/
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2685: May 13, 2014 07:57:53 pm

Bet they go straight back down again.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2686: May 13, 2014 08:02:53 pm

Sounds like Cardiff last year and QPR before that. They may well spend that much money...and then get done by FFP. Fact is though they will be "improving" by buying over rated sh*t that are only good in the lower leagues and can't cut the Premiership....like QPR and Cardiff. The only way they have a chance is if they try and do a City which they wont because they haven't got the money and the gap between the sh*t and the good is much bigger now than when City done it, and they've only managed to win the league twice in about 8 years and only just started, in the last few years getting top 4 really. They were still getting stuffed 5, 6-0 under mega money at one point.

Leicester will be going down.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2687: May 15, 2014 07:48:18 am
      Liverpool earn Premier League high of £99m for 2013/14

Liverpool were the Premier League’s top earners for the 2013/14 season, earning £99m in total from prize money for finishing second and their share of TV revenue.

The Reds received £22.8m for finishing second in the Premier League, and a further £77m from TV revenue.

The total amount received is £1m more than Premier League winners Manchester City, due to Liverpool’s share of the TV revenue being higher as they were shown live more than times than City.

It’s also a huge increase on the £54.8m Liverpool received in TV revenue last season, and vastly more than last year’s title winners Man United received (£60m).
      The increased revenue across the board this season is due to the new TV deal which began this year, with the Premier League’s broadcast rights being sold for £3.018bn.

Numerous reports recently have indicated that Brendan Rodgers will be given £60m to spend this summer, plus any money raised by sales of players.

Liverpool could splash some of that money this week, with reports suggesting a £20m bid for Southampton and England midfielder Adam Lallana.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/05/liverpool-earn-premier-league-high-99m-201314/

That's some serious money for one season

Success breeds success.

Can anyone tell me what our current wage bill is without me trawling the net?

Our pl money up nearly 45 million in a year.. The cl money from this season.. We have to invest this summer to guarantee qualification again next season as a minimum as the tv money for Cl increases again with the bt deal

We could be timing this return just right.. We need to invest right to capitalize
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #2688: May 15, 2014 08:15:58 am
      Liverpool rise as Man U fall in football rich list
      Liverpool's value has risen while Man U's has fallen in the last year according to the Forbes Football Rich List.
      Liverpool remain tenth in the list but their value has risen 6% while Man U have dropped from 2nd to 3rd with their value down 11%.
      Liverpool are valued at £407m according to the Daily Mail.
      The figures are quoted according to accounts for 2012-2013 meaning Liverpool's stock will only rise further in the coming years.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/05/liverpool-rise-man-united-fall-footballs-rich-list/
      « Last Edit: May 15, 2014 08:30:25 am by stuey »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2689: Jun 03, 2014 10:00:00 pm
      Just been checking through this summers transfer dealings of the EPL Clubs and so far 56 players have left their Clubs, 2 of which were actual sales with Lambert being the most expensive, 1 retirement and 53 left on a free  :o

I know there are always a few contracts that are allowed to run down but surely that's way more than usual. 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2690: Jun 16, 2014 07:58:18 pm
      Just come across the following, not sure whether its true or false but thought it was worth sharing none the less...

Leaked opening day fixture list for 2014/15

Aston Villa vs Manchester United
      Burnley vs Newcastle
      Chelsea vs Everton
      Hull City vs West Ham
      Liverpool vs Arsenal
      Man City vs Southampton
      Spurs vs Leicester
      Stoke vs QPR
      Sunderland vs Crystal Palace
      Swansea vs West Brom

http://lockerdome.com/footballnews1/6170047139808833/6712642001837586