Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

My banner

Read 6156 times
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 140 posts |
      My banner
      Jun 26, 2013 09:49:47 pm
      Well, I've for a while been thinking about making a Liverpool banner, since our banners have such a big part in the Liverpool FC "culture", I wanted to make my own "masterpiece". Today I bought all the necessary material to make a banner and all day long I've been thinking of what I want to put on the banner and I've exchanged ideas with me ma, finally, whilst I was watching Brazil-Uruguay I got an idea BOOOM! I thought it was a great idea it was clever, funny and it was just...brilliant. Here it is

>>>MY BIRD HAS 5 BIG EARS<<< (5 European cups)

Now I've started to doubt it if it was such a GENIUS idea...I just want to know, what do you think? Is it as funny as I think or am I being a weirdo thinking this is funny. Please reply :) thanks.
      YNWA
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: My banner
      Reply #1: Jun 26, 2013 10:51:45 pm
      Well, I've for a while been thinking about making a Liverpool banner, since our banners have such a big part in the Liverpool FC "culture", I wanted to make my own "masterpiece". Today I bought all the necessary material to make a banner and all day long I've been thinking of what I want to put on the banner and I've exchanged ideas with me ma, finally, whilst I was watching Brazil-Uruguay I got an idea BOOOM! I thought it was a great idea it was clever, funny and it was just...brilliant. Here it is

>>>MY BIRD HAS 5 BIG EARS<<< (5 European cups)

Now I've started to doubt it if it was such a GENIUS idea...I just want to know, what do you think? Is it as funny as I think or am I being a weirdo thinking this is funny. Please reply :) thanks.
      YNWA

Noting strange about talking about old big ears mate. However, don't do it if you don't feel totally comfortable. The great thing about Liverpool FC banners is that they are unique, funny and express the wit of us fans. Don't try and engineer the wit. Don't try force it, just use what comes naturally.
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 140 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 26, 2013 11:30:49 pm
      Noting strange about talking about old big ears mate. However, don't do it if you don't feel totally comfortable. The great thing about Liverpool FC banners is that they are unique, funny and express the wit of us fans. Don't try and engineer the wit. Don't try force it, just use what comes naturally.

Thanks for the advice mate, and for expressing your opinion :)
      Yes, I totally agree with you mate on what you said about not "force it".
      YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3: Jun 27, 2013 12:24:35 am
      Need to see a mock up image before I can ever comment on banner ideas.
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 140 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 27, 2013 12:27:24 am
      Need to see a mock up image before I can ever comment on banner ideas.

Alright JD, I will tomorrow. I'll post a couple (3 or 4) ideas then you can tell me which one you liked the most :) deal? ;)

YNWA
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 140 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 27, 2013 12:59:24 pm
      Here are my banners. Ok, now, it's a mock up obviously so for example, the liverbird will be WHITE not RED since the background's red. and the EUROPEAN CUPS will be transparent, there won't be a white square around it.
      Please tell me which one you like the most and why :)

YNWA
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Jun 27, 2013 01:17:20 pm
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liverpool-Banners-Football-Trinity-Mirror/dp/1906802025/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1372335593&sr=1-1&keywords=Liverpool+book+of+banners

Don't know if you've seen this book Bossred1, but it's well worth getting  :)

Oh by the way, I like the Success we will achieve banner the best  :scarf:
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 140 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 27, 2013 01:34:37 pm
      Thanks MsGerrard. Actually, it's the best one in my opinion too, I came up with it last night at 03.00 clock haha but it's defo the best.what I like about it is also that it has to do with Hillsborough since hopefully (or undoubtedly) Justice is on its way and that's the best achievement of all.
      Problem sorted now  that's the banner I'm going to make. I'll post a pic of it when I'm finished
      YNWA 

PS: I'll have a look at the book you linked :)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #8: Jun 27, 2013 01:42:29 pm
      ^^^  :gt-happyup:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #9: Jun 27, 2013 08:29:18 pm
      The last one reminds me of an idea I had a while back. Pretty simple but a picture of Stevie G with the famous The Beatles song title (and lyric) "Can't Buy Me Love" across the top.
      Would be especially pertinent when playing Chavski.
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 140 posts |
      Reply #10: Jun 27, 2013 09:31:42 pm
      The last one reminds me of an idea I had a while back. Pretty simple but a picture of Stevie G with the famous The Beatles song title (and lyric) "Can't Buy Me Love" across the top.
      Would be especially pertinent when playing Chavski.

You Should have that made....although perhaps not as much "up to date" since  chelski haven't been looking to buy Stevie since 2007 ..
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 140 posts |
      Reply #11: Sep 03, 2013 12:36:07 pm
      Here it is :) The finished banner, Sorry for taking so long but I forgot that I promised to post yous the result. Anyways, here it is :) YNWA
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #12: Sep 03, 2013 04:12:33 pm
      ?...?DOH!!   
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 140 posts |
      Reply #13: Sep 03, 2013 09:52:00 pm

What,? Can't you see it? I attached it to the post!
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #14: Sep 03, 2013 10:12:31 pm
      Miracle it has just appeard like a,nar' just pullin' ya chain looks good kidda,keep it goin.
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 140 posts |
      Reply #15: Sep 04, 2013 08:00:28 am
      Miracle it has just appeard like a,nar' just pullin' ya chain looks good kidda,keep it goin.

Thanks fella :) YNWA
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #16: Sep 05, 2013 03:13:51 am
      Anyone know where to buy one of the Liverpool-Georges Cross flags?  I have been wanting to buy one and here in the States its hard to find. I see alot of them in matches, some have the team crest or the team name across the horizontal, red strip.

I want it to have  "LIVERPOOL F.C." across the horizontal strip and then in the bottom L and R corners the Flaming Urns from the crest...or on each of the 4 white corners..."Y-N-W-A"..

Any Ideas?
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 140 posts |
      Reply #17: Sep 07, 2013 11:58:36 am
      Anyone know where to buy one of the Liverpool-Georges Cross flags?  I have been wanting to buy one and here in the States its hard to find. I see alot of them in matches, some have the team crest or the team name across the horizontal, red strip.

I want it to have  "LIVERPOOL F.C." across the horizontal strip and then in the bottom L and R corners the Flaming Urns from the crest...or on each of the 4 white corners..."Y-N-W-A"..

Any Ideas?

Dont want to be rude like but I would swerve that idea. Union Jacks, George crosses etc - it's not Liverpool FC in my opinion.
      Scouse Not English YNWA

Quick Reply