Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Transfer Topic Mamadou Sakho (PSG)

Read 38304 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Transfer Topic Mamadou Sakho (PSG)
      Jun 28, 2013 12:18:15 pm
      Liverpool keep close eye on Mamadou Sakho as he stalls on new PSG deal

LIVERPOOL are monitoring PSG's Mamadou Sakho's situation, as the centre half stalls over a new deal.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/410782/Liverpool-keep-close-eye-on-Mamadou-Sakho-as-he-stalls-on-new-PSG-deal?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

Sakho was unable to hold down a regular first-team spot for the Ligue 1 champions last season, and was frequently rotated by Carlo Ancelotti.

Liverpool have a paucity of defensive options, and though Brendan Rodgers brought in Kolo Toure on a free, the futures of Martin Skrtel and Sebastian Coates remain uncertain.

Skrtel has been linked with a move for Napoli, as Rafa Benitez is keen to substantially invest in players in the summer.

PSG are believed to be keen to retain Sakho's services and have already offered him a two-year contract rise along with a pay rise.

Liverpool could step up their interest as they appear to have reached a dead end with Sporting Lisbon's Tiago Ilori.
      « Last Edit: Sep 30, 2013 02:15:35 pm by JD »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho - PSG
      Reply #1: Jun 28, 2013 12:21:04 pm
      Young, strong, mobile centre half. Would have to be willing to take quite a pay cut no doubt if any deal were to materialise.

Seems to me his agent is trying to get him more money at PSG rather than less at Liverpool though.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #2: Jun 28, 2013 08:34:51 pm
      If we signed this lad, and kept Suarez we would win the league.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #3: Jun 28, 2013 08:51:45 pm
      If we signed this lad, and kept Suarez we would win the league.

Ill take you up on that bet
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,778 posts | 6725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4: Jun 28, 2013 11:11:08 pm
      Liverpool keep close eye on Mamadou Sakho as he stalls on new PSG deal

LIVERPOOL are monitoring PSG's Mamadou Sakho's situation, as the centre half stalls over a new deal.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/410782/Liverpool-keep-close-eye-on-Mamadou-Sakho-as-he-stalls-on-new-PSG-deal?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

Sakho was unable to hold down a regular first-team spot for the Ligue 1 champions last season, and was frequently rotated by Carlo Ancelotti.

Liverpool have a paucity of defensive options, and though Brendan Rodgers brought in Kolo Toure on a free, the futures of Martin Skrtel and Sebastian Coates remain uncertain.

What does paucity mean ?
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #5: Jun 28, 2013 11:36:24 pm

Insufficient, not enough.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #6: Jun 29, 2013 02:10:43 am
      I'll straight up bet you 50 nikker, that if we sign Sakho and keep Suarez, we will win the league.

But only if we sign Sakho and keep Suarez.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,778 posts | 6725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7: Jun 29, 2013 05:08:46 am

Thanks HTH...couldn't be arsed looking it up, excuse my laziness.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #8: Jun 29, 2013 05:15:34 pm
      I'll straight up bet you 50 nikker, that if we sign Sakho and keep Suarez, we will win the league.

But only if we sign Sakho and keep Suarez.

Top 4 challenge yes. Wouldn't even start thinking about winning the league just yet. We need to take it one step at a time and the supporters shouldn't be expecting a league win right now.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #9: Jun 29, 2013 08:12:16 pm
      Thanks HTH...couldn't be arsed looking it up, excuse my laziness.

No worries mate. ;)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho (PSG)
      Reply #10: Jun 29, 2013 11:04:57 pm
      Top 4 challenge yes. Wouldn't even start thinking about winning the league just yet. We need to take it one step at a time and the supporters shouldn't be expecting a league win right now.

"Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling..."

I'm sure you know the rest.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #11: Jun 30, 2013 05:13:28 am
      "Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling..."

I'm sure you know the rest.

Theres a difference between expecting and hoping.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #12: Jun 30, 2013 07:38:02 am
      Even now my expectation is the league title, talk-less of when we keep adding quality to what we've got.

Realistically if we can sort out our defensive frailties and sign one or 2 quality midfielders, that is in the Gerrard and Lucas role or 1 that can do a bit of both then we are up there with the others. No team can categorically say they can win the league so why not aim to be one of those aspiring.

I'll second the wager even though it has nothing to do with signing Sahko.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 30, 2013 08:04:12 am
      I'll take u both on hah.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #14: Jun 30, 2013 10:25:31 am
      Theres a difference between expecting and hoping.

Expecting and hoping could both be categorised under "aiming", in which case Shanks is right. As always!

If you hope to finish somewhere, you set your aim there. The same could be said for if you expect to finish somewhere.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #15: Jun 30, 2013 10:35:32 am
      Sakho confirms Liverpool interest
      Mamadou Sakho has revealed he has received an offer to leave PSG in the summer, confirming Liverpool and AC Milan's interest in him.

Sakho, 23, made 24 Ligue 1 appearances in PSG's title-winning campaign but predominantly played second fiddle to the experienced centre-back pairing of Thiago Silva and Alex at the Parc des Princes.

The defender has been offered a new contract by les Parisiens, but has not yet agreed to the deal as speculation over his future grows.

Incumbent PSG coach Laurent Blanc could hold the key to Sakho's future, although the Frenchman revealed he has been approached by a number of clubs.

"I'll be able to talk with the new coach and see what he thinks," Sakho said. "I am flattered by the interest of historic clubs like Liverpool and AC Milan. We will see what happens in the near future.

"I have to make a decision. PSG is my club, I was born here and I learned my football here. I want to play for this club all my life, but it is clear that I do not want to sit on the bench.

"I have not played as much as I would have liked last sesaon because of the choices of the coach. Every player wants to play every week, too. There is an offer on the table."

ESPN
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #16: Jun 30, 2013 11:47:28 am
      Interesting, always rated him quite highly, wonder what he would cost though.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #17: Jun 30, 2013 03:37:41 pm
      Expecting and hoping could both be categorised under "aiming", in which case Shanks is right. As always!

If you hope to finish somewhere, you set your aim there. The same could be said for if you expect to finish somewhere.

Obviously every player on every team is aiming to win every game and ultimately win the league. No team is shooting for a certain position. They are looking to do their best game by game and see how many points add up at the end. I am saying we as fans should not expect to win the title. If it happens then that's fantastic! But we finished 7th last year and for me I see it hard to win the league, in my own honest opinion. You guys have your opinion and I have mine. Yes we are adding quality but we can't judge them until we actually see them in Rodgers' system.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #18: Jun 30, 2013 04:16:42 pm
      Sakho confirms Liverpool interest
      Mamadou Sakho has revealed he has received an offer to leave PSG in the summer, confirming Liverpool and AC Milan's interest in him.

Sakho, 23, made 24 Ligue 1 appearances in PSG's title-winning campaign but predominantly played second fiddle to the experienced centre-back pairing of Thiago Silva and Alex at the Parc des Princes.

The defender has been offered a new contract by les Parisiens, but has not yet agreed to the deal as speculation over his future grows.

Incumbent PSG coach Laurent Blanc could hold the key to Sakho's future, although the Frenchman revealed he has been approached by a number of clubs.

"I'll be able to talk with the new coach and see what he thinks," Sakho said. "I am flattered by the interest of historic clubs like Liverpool and AC Milan. We will see what happens in the near future.

"I have to make a decision. PSG is my club, I was born here and I learned my football here. I want to play for this club all my life, but it is clear that I do not want to sit on the bench.

"I have not played as much as I would have liked last sesaon because of the choices of the coach. Every player wants to play every week, too. There is an offer on the table."

ESPN

Bit surprised by that. I saw this as being a non-mover. Can't say I remember ever watching him play but I have read quite a bit over him since he broke in to the PSG team and he certainly has a good reputation. However, PSG is his home club, he can get high wages their and stay at home. Whether he leaves or not, I think, depends on the new managers plans for him. If he is told he is an important player for PSG, he will stay.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 240 
      Reply #19: Jul 01, 2013 07:55:24 am
      According to the ECHO, he is not on our wanted list.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #20: Jul 01, 2013 06:00:16 pm
      According to the ECHO, he is not on our wanted list.

I just hope we do have a blue chip Centre-Half ion the list somewhere. I'm a little bit worried that the plan might be to have brought in Kolo Toure to do the job with the aim of bringing on someone like Tiago Ilori. That doesn't cut it for me. As nice as it is t see the club doing business so early in the off-season I would feel a lot more comfortable if we sorted THE most important buy of the summer by finding a genuine replacement for Carra. We scored a lot of goals last season, I'm not too worried about that side of the ball, it's keeping the ball out of the net that is the biggest challenge for BR.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22: Aug 11, 2013 10:13:45 am
      Liverpool target Mamadou Sakho considers move away from PSG after being dropped by France

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/420910/Liverpool-target-Mamadou-Sakho-considers-move-away-from-PSG-after-being-dropped-by-France

LIVERPOOL have been given hope in their pursuit of Mamadou Sakho with the defender admitting he may need a move away from PSG to resurrect his international career.

Reports in France suggest that Sakho is considering his future in the French capital after missing out on Didier Deschamps' squad to face Belguim.

According to L'Equipe Sakho has been stung by comments from Deschamps about why he was overlooked in favour of Monaco's 33-year-old Eric Adibal and is now ready to contemplate a transfer.

Asked about Sakho, Deschamps said: "This is life. This is his career. He had a choice to make and apparently he made it. I do not know if everyone understands [why he was overlooked] but he does. His choice is PSG."

"He returned a little later because he went with us [to the Confederations Cup]. Since then he has played twice, 60 minutes.

"He did not play the Champions Trophy. I do not know if he will play Friday against Montpellier. They know [they will not be selected if they are not playing].

"They make a choice. After all, it is their career. They have people who are there to guide them.

"In his situation it comes down to the fact that he has to be selectable to be selected."

Liverpool and AC Milan have both been linked with a move for Sakho but the player previously expressed a preference to remain with boyhood club PSG.

Last month he said: "I am flattered by the interest of historic clubs like Liverpool and AC Milan. We will see what happens in the near future.

And Liverpool may now be encouraged to rekindle their interest in the hope that Sakho's desire to work his way back into Deschamps' plans in a World Cup year outweighs his desire to remain in Paris.

Liverpool continue to be linked with a host of central defenders with the futures of Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel still up in the air.

Quick Reply