Always wanted to go but again have to settle for TV coverage this year so would be good to here from those who are there, I know Bad Boy definitely is, when they get back.
My advice Si - just do it... go. Register yourself today and go for it.
I'll never be able to explain what it's like and do it justice mate and T.V. is only the tip of the tip of the tip of the Iceberg.
It's way beyond anything you'll ever experience music wise or other. The after-dark stuff alone would take me pages to cover... the things to do/see; the vibe; the food; the people you meet - likewise.
As for this years acts - I took in full sets from the following:
- the biggest and best; what an atmosphere and hit after hit - nuff said.The Hives
best of the rest for me - Pelle Almqvist is one of, if not the
best front-men alive today. What a set. Should have been way up the bill. Amazing.PiL
- Loved it and just shaded by the Hives. Every tune there, every note perfect and Lydon at his snarling best. Danced my shorts off.Elvis Costello
- I'd forgotten how good he was. A greatest hits package delivered with great aplomb. Primal Scream
- I'd forgotten how much I'd like to slap the f**k out of thon dickhead Bobby Gillespie. Quit f**king whining and just get on with it you tool. Sh*t down solely to the skinny wee c**t.Tribes
- one of the surprise packages, for me. Swirly, anthemic, rock... nice.The Strypes
- You'll be hearing a lot about these kids soon. A mix of old school blues and Rockabilly (to my ear). Maybe a bit 'flavour of the month' but enjoyable nonetheless.
- highly enjoyable 'garage rock' and a band who may go places if they don't let the hype go to their heads.The XX
- not really my cup of tea but my good lady wanted to see them. Solid enough and a chilled end to the weekend (on stage).
- alright and nothing more. I'm not sure if Corgan spoke to the crowd or knew where he was tbh. Savages
- overrated, unmemorable... nuff said.The Vaccines
- third time I've seen them now. Plenty good enough live but better indoors. They are what they are and don't disappoint in enthusiasm or ability.The Others
- A good band with that Punk vibe I love, a great gig. Get the chance to see them; take it.Drenge
- Another nice surprise. Two lads playing a sort of punk-blues? Yeah I hadn't heard of them either. I have now... give them a listen.The Congos
- everyone needs a bit of Reggae; right? No better act than these to fill that need - sun shinning, cider flowing. Excellent.
That's all I can remember (full set wise). I may get back with more.