Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Glastonbury

Read 43725 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Re: Glastonbury
      Reply #138: Jun 26, 2022 11:47:40 am
      Absolutely loved that - utter perfection.

Loved that he built into the set as well - first hour or so we saw a few tracks from his more recent albums but that last hour and a bit it was wall to wall greatness. Bringing out Dave Grohl and Springsteen was the cherry on top. There is no man living today that has given so many such pleasure to so many millions. And all done with not a hint of megalomania (even though he'd have every right to).

And a couple of shout outs for the city of Liverpool in there as well.

Made my weekend that did.

Got to respect the man, 80 F***ing years old and he stands there giving it plenty with no hint of any age issues whatsoever.
      Never really been into his music but he is gracious, unassuming and a great ambassador for our city.
      Unlike other "celebrities" from hereabouts he regularly returns and supports aspiring musicians through his academy as well as popping up at clubs, pubs etc to the delight of fellow Scousers.
      Good man yaself Paul.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #139: Jun 26, 2022 12:31:08 pm
      Great performance his voice isn’t great but what a performance
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #140: Jun 26, 2022 02:14:09 pm
      On the subject of his voice I know it's not what it's used to but I think there may be an issue with the sound on the Pyramid stage.

Wolf Alice seems to have issues and also seems like Noel Gallagher did as well at times.

Catching up with Jamie T's set now in iPlayer as I fell asleep last night  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #141: Jun 26, 2022 02:28:07 pm
      On the subject of his voice I know it's not what it's used to but I think there may be an issue with the sound on the Pyramid stage.

Wolf Alice seems to have issues and also seems like Noel Gallagher did as well at times.

Definitely issues with the sound quality Si, don’t know why cos the logistics have been the same for at least a decade.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #142: Jun 26, 2022 02:36:54 pm
      Definitely issues with the sound quality Si, don’t know why cos the logistics have been the same for at least a decade.

Not sure if I'm imagining it but it seemed a lot of times when the singer want to sing on a new song that's when the sound seemed to drop a little.

Could be in my head but that's how it seemed to me
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,061 posts | 2109 
      Reply #143: Jun 26, 2022 03:02:54 pm

I think it's a BBC problem and has been like that for years it seems. I remember watching Radiohead's gig a few years back and Coldplay's before that and both Thom Yorke and Chris Martin sounded ridiculously quiet and drowned out by the band. I've seen youtube clips from the crowd and it's notable just how much more audible the frontmen were.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #144: Jun 26, 2022 04:12:18 pm
      there were bits missing from the voclas when Dave G and Bruce came on.
      Still marvelling at how good the whole performance was and his band I think I am right in saying have been with him for more than 20 years which is longer than the Beatles and Wings. I could watch Abe on his drums all night .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #145: Jun 26, 2022 04:29:48 pm
      Other highlights for me:

Wolf Alice

Sam Fender

Idles

Jamie T

Jesus and Mary Chain

NGHFB were very average. Noel phoning it in a little I thought.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #146: Jun 26, 2022 04:37:35 pm
      Not sure if I'm imagining it but it seemed a lot of times when the singer want to sing on a new song that's when the sound seemed to drop a little.

Could be in my head but that's how it seemed to me

Could just be the singer getting his head around the new routine, I  would imagine performing before such a huge audience would be slightly nerve jangling.
      I noticed McCartney seemed a little lost when the audience surprised him singing happy birthday.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #147: Jun 26, 2022 04:58:06 pm
      Could just be the singer getting his head around the new routine, I  would imagine performing before such a huge audience would be slightly nerve jangling.
      I noticed McCartney seemed a little lost when the audience surprised him singing happy birthday.

I thought it was quite endearing he looked lost for words which isnt him at all
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,061 posts | 2109 
      Reply #148: Jun 26, 2022 05:27:03 pm
      Other highlights for me:

Wolf Alice

Sam Fender

Idles

Jamie T

Jesus and Mary Chain

Not a massive fan of Noel's setup these days. His last High Flying Birds album was great what with Dave Homes producing but live it all seems desperately uninspired with little thought put into it. He also seems to have brought Gem Archer back into the fold after he was ditched from Liam. And Archer is without doubt one of the most bang average sounding guitarists ever. That guy defined Oasis's slip into mediocrity in much the same way Noel is keen to do so again for his own band but Noel seems to think he's different gravy. Word to Noel - f**k the desperate Man City banter off (even if he is a part time pundit for them on Sky, no one gives a sh*t Noel) and concentrate on putting together a good show. Doubt that will ever happen though - he knows how to write a grear song but is a piss poor performer)

(Liam on the other hand sounds great these days and his band are superb.)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #149: Jun 26, 2022 06:19:25 pm
      Noel is an absolute moron and I find his solo work to be so generic, feels like you've heard all these songs before, even if you haven't.

Paul McCartney - what a man. I've had the luck of seeing him live 4x in the past, but would kill to see him one last time. And with Springsteen! Oh my god. I envied that crowd so much.

Apart from Macca, my personal highlight was Declan McKenna's British Bombs. Love the song and the performance was great. He's a really likeable fella.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #150: Jun 26, 2022 06:26:26 pm
      Other highlights for me:

Wolf Alice

Sam Fender

Idles

Jamie T

Jesus and Mary Chain

Idles look like such an amazing live band, I've missed a couple of chances of seeing them in the past but need to do it someday soon. They're not the kind of band I'd listen to too much at home (although I really like a couple of songs) but they've got such great live energy.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #151: Jun 26, 2022 06:28:04 pm
      Not sure what to think of Fontaines DC. I like them but I'm not the biggest fan of the latest album. Also, the backing vocals for the opening track were horrendous and I can't believe they didn't play Liberty Belle. There's a fine line between ambition and pretentiousness and lately I feel like they're about to jump that line haha
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #152: Jun 26, 2022 06:35:22 pm
      Diana Ross on soon these people are truly Iconic maybe a testament to having to have worked hard for the fame many years ago. Talent helps too.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #153: Jun 26, 2022 06:37:39 pm
      Not a massive fan of Noel's setup these days. His last High Flying Birds album was great what with Dave Homes producing but live it all seems desperately uninspired with little thought put into it. He also seems to have brought Gem Archer back into the fold after he was ditched from Liam. And Archer is without doubt one of the most bang average sounding guitarists ever. That guy defined Oasis's slip into mediocrity in much the same way Noel is keen to do so again for his own band but Noel seems to think he's different gravy. Word to Noel - f**k the desperate Man City banter off (even if he is a part time pundit for them on Sky, no one gives a sh*t Noel) and concentrate on putting together a good show. Doubt that will ever happen though - he knows how to write a grear song but is a piss poor performer)

(Liam on the other hand sounds great these days and his band are superb.)

Agree.

Yea I've heard Liam's live show is pretty good these days.

Add Fontaines DC to one of the good sets for me. Think Deigo was watching as well along with BadBoyBubby judging by our Twitter posts  ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #154: Jun 26, 2022 06:39:20 pm
      I don't know Elbow too well but they're putting on a good show
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #155: Jun 26, 2022 06:44:44 pm
      I don't know Elbow too well but they're putting on a good show

Good band.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #156: Jun 26, 2022 06:49:01 pm
      That last song was a beautiful moment, a proper big festival performance that
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #157: Jun 26, 2022 07:01:38 pm
      If Diana isnt doing it for you The Eagles are live on SKY Art just now (not live now obviously)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #158: Jun 26, 2022 07:12:19 pm
      That last song was a beautiful moment, a proper big festival performance that

Was out walking the dog so I missed it.

Let me guess, was it One Day Like This, in the early evening sun by any chance?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #159: Jun 26, 2022 10:00:16 pm
      Was out walking the dog so I missed it.

Let me guess, was it One Day Like This, in the early evening sun by any chance?

I don't really know the names of their songs but I believe so

After 3 days pretty much watching Glasto non-stop I'm feeling a bit tired and I barely left my sofa! Don't think I'll be watching the headliners tonight
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #160: Jun 26, 2022 10:05:02 pm
      I don't really know the names of their songs but I believe so

After 3 days pretty much watching Glasto non-stop I'm feeling a bit tired and I barely left my sofa! Don't think I'll be watching the headliners tonight

Elbow are a good band but to be honest mate for me that song in that slot is almost too on the nose and think it's  almost booked for a 'moment'.

Pet Shop Boys now.

Came flying right out of the blocks. Glorious.

Pet Shop Boys no

Quick Reply