Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Suso or Teixeira?

Read 3422 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Suso or Teixeira?
      Jun 29, 2013 03:10:08 am
      Wondering what you guys thought about a comparison between these two.

Know Suso is older but is Texiera really that good? Is he better than Suso at his age?

Do they both play the same position? Can they play together?

Edited title & text-speak - Res
      « Last Edit: Jun 29, 2013 11:06:32 pm by Reslivo »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Suso or Texiera?
      Reply #1: Jun 29, 2013 03:17:12 am
      Teixeira.
      Both.

Looking forward to it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2: Jun 29, 2013 04:02:20 am
      Teixeira.
      Both.

Looking forward to it.

Personally a big fan of Texeira and think Suso's stock started to drop a little in the latter part of last season due to his constant shoot on sight attitude. Hopefully he'll get back to the silky smooth pass master that he has shown himself to be in the past, but like I said I think Texeira has the edge.

Totally agree with racer though, the competition should only drive these lads on to the next level and it's fantastic to have such talent competing against each other to progress into the first team.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #3: Jun 29, 2013 05:14:52 am
      Good to hear BUT can they play in the same team or are they too similar?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #4: Jun 29, 2013 09:34:39 am
      Suso is capable of far more than what we've seen of him in the first team so far and I have faith that he'll get there.
      Teixeira was incredible for Sporting and has been held back by injury here but again, I have every faith he will start to shine again before long.
      Not sure who will be the best but either way, it's pretty exciting to have these players on our books!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 29, 2013 10:12:54 am
       Suso for me from what I've seen. But both incredible talents that have to be loaned to some club for next season.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #6: Jun 29, 2013 10:23:37 am
      Suso for me. I think he'll turn out to be a very good player for us. I would like to see him go out on loan to get some game time this coming season, Swansea would be a good shout with Brendan's connections there and with them being in Europe I defo think he would get a lot of game time there.   
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #7: Jun 29, 2013 10:25:08 am
      Not seen enough of Texiera to fully comment. However, he certainly receives glowing reports. As for Suso, I have expressed my doubts about him in the pass and I think I've been a bit hate on the lad. He is still very young and is developing as a player. The way I look at it, he is in the Spain youth teams and you don't get their if you are an average player.

To answer the question, Suso simply as I haven't seen enough of Texiera.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #8: Jun 29, 2013 11:18:09 am
      Both!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Jun 29, 2013 11:47:22 am
      Both!  They play slightly different positions so no reason they can't be played together.

Very excited to see them making a proper break into the 1st 11.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #10: Jun 29, 2013 06:39:50 pm
      Not seen enough of Texiera to comment with too much certainty, but both he and Suso strike me as nice players with the ball at their feet but who lack the snap and killer end product of say a Coutinho. Might be totally wrong but just the impression I get.
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #11: Jun 29, 2013 09:38:01 pm
      Academy Review

A good little review on our academy last year.  Made mention of Texeira as our best player at the u21 level.  Goes on to say his best position is as a deep-lying playmaker and recycler of the ball.  So he should fit in comfortably with Suso who would play in the more advanced midfield role.

I have high hopes for both that they can make the grade for the first team.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Re: Suso or Teixeira?
      Reply #12: Jul 01, 2013 12:09:32 am
      Both really bright prospects, both need to knuckle down and compete for a first team shirt. They've both got the quality imo to feature for our first team in the coming years.

If I had to pick one at this moment in time I'd go with Suso.

I'll also be very interested into what position Suso nails down once he becomes a first team regular. I read a cracking piece not so long ago on his admiration of Xavi and how he looks towards him to develop as a player.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #13: Jul 01, 2013 03:42:21 pm
      I think Teixeira needs to make a senior debut first. Looks a top player in the making though.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Jul 01, 2013 04:00:42 pm
      Thanks for fixing the spelling Res.

They both need to be handled carefully, particularly Teixeira.
      I don't see any reason why they couldn't both compatible in the same team.

I know some might say that they sometimes play the same role, but they are both
      able to play higher/deeper depending on circumstances. I don't think either would
      ultimately end up as wide players as they haven't got the pace Sterling and Ibe have,
      but they certainly can play in the 10 or as playmakers.

I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out.
      I'd be surprised if one of them doesn't make it in those positions and it's great to have two options.

Still a bit early though to be mentioning Teixeira. I think we should look after him.

Suso should benefit from being around the likes of Coutinho, but if he doesn't get much game time
      it might be worth sending him out on loan.

Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #15: Jul 02, 2013 12:40:12 am
      I would be surprised if both of them came through to be first team regulars if i'm honest. Given the progress he made last season you would have to say Suso has the best shot but you never know in football. Although I've got a horrible feeling that Suso won't quite make it at LFC for whatever reason and then he will go on to develop and blossom back in La Liga and we'll all regret it!

Quick Reply