Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC And Carlsberg Sign New Deal

Read 8064 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      LFC And Carlsberg Sign New Deal
      Jul 12, 2013 01:28:35 pm
      LFC and Carlsberg sign new deal

Liverpool Football Club and Carlsberg are today celebrating their partnership of 21 years by announcing a three-year extension to the leading international beer brand's sponsorship.

Already the longest-serving partnership of any Barclays Premier League club, it has now been extended to run until the end of the 2015-16 season - a total of 24 seasons.

For 17 years Carlsberg were Liverpool FC's shirt sponsor, until 2010 when they became the Reds' official beer partner. During the 21 seasons, it is estimated that more than 5.7 million pints of Carlsberg have been served at Anfield, which is more than enough to fill an Olympic sized swimming pool (2,500,000L).

Mike Thompson, marketing director for Carlsberg, said: "Our relationship with Liverpool FC started in 1992. It was Carlsberg's very first connection to English football - an affiliation which has grown significantly.

"Over two decades later we are thrilled to be continuing our partnership with a club that has over 120 years of heritage and one of the biggest followings in football, both in the UK and around the world."

It is estimated that Liverpool FC has 588 million followers across the globe that the club interacts with on a regular basis. Recently Liverpool FC launched 15 new local language Twitter accounts, reaching fans in more than 75 different countries. This is in addition to Liverpoolfc.com, which receives seven million visitors per month, LFC TV UK, which attracts 600,000 viewers per week, and LFC TV International, which connects with 100 million homes worldwide. 

Billy Hogan, Liverpool FC's chief commercial officer, added: "We are delighted to extend our partnership with Carlsberg, one of the world's leading beer brands.

"Together we have been on an incredible journey, which sees our partnership become the longest in the history of any top-flight club.

"We are incredibly proud of our partnership's longevity and the deep relationship between our two great brands. We look forward to another three years with Carlsberg, delivering exciting initiatives to our fans all over the world."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/139248-lfc-and-carlsberg-sign-new-deal

Carlsberg still tastes like sh*te!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: LFC And Carlsberg Sign New Deal
      Reply #1: Jul 12, 2013 01:36:25 pm
      Still pleased to see them off the shirts ... especially kids in this day and age.
      Wasn't the best message.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #2: Jul 12, 2013 01:41:37 pm
      Still pleased to see them off the shirts ... especially kids in this day and age.
      Wasn't the best message.

Yeah but neither is standard chartered really!!
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #3: Jul 12, 2013 05:19:54 pm

They missed a trick not doing a "If Carlsberg did cup finals..." Campaign.
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 12, 2013 07:29:12 pm
      if Carlsberg did sponsorships ...
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #5: Jul 12, 2013 09:01:38 pm
      Carlsberg still tastes like sh*te!

Agreed, reminds me of stale dogs pi*s, not that the fresh variety would be an nicer :P

Still pleased to see them off the shirts ... especially kids in this day and age. Wasn't the best message.

I'd rather have my kids drinking Carlsberg than planning on being a banker!!

I miss seeing on our shirts, every time I dig my "old" tops out of the cupboard, its looks so right, and when looking at our new one, it looks soo very wrong. Nothing political about either sponsor Carlsberg just looks better, but if want to get political about either one.............I think I'll leave it and go enjoy a nice pint of Carling :P
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6: Jul 12, 2013 10:04:07 pm
      Hitachi, Crown Paints and Candy looked so much better.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7: Jul 12, 2013 10:53:40 pm
      Wasn't the best message.

Never once as a kid when wearing a Liverpool top did I think 'You know I really fancy a beer'. When watching F1 back in the day when the cars were decked out in all varieties of tobacco brand colours did I think 'Come on Hakkinen get this race done....I'm dying for a ciggie...strictly of the Marlboro kind'.

PC world gone mad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #8: Jul 12, 2013 11:25:49 pm
      Never once as a kid when wearing a Liverpool top did I think 'You know I really fancy a beer'. When watching F1 back in the day when the cars were decked out in all varieties of tobacco brand colours did I think 'Come on Hakkinen get this race done....I'm dying for a ciggie...strictly of the Marlboro kind'.

PC world gone mad.

I agree.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #9: Jul 13, 2013 01:04:27 am

PC world gone mad.

Theres advertising (watching a car flying past you 50 times)  and there is hoarding.

Advertising hoarding.

You paying £ 30 to the LFC store ,to get your kid to walk around as a mobile hoarding wearing a shirt with a beer logo many times larger than the LiverBird.

Thats not PC.

In fact when you think about it ....... its a piss take.
      RedCanuck
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #10: Jul 13, 2013 01:14:24 am
      Theres advertising (watching a car flying past you 50 times)  and there is hoarding.

Advertising hoarding.

You paying £ 30 to the LFC store ,to get your kid to walk around as a mobile hoarding wearing a shirt with a beer logo many times larger than the LiverBird.

Thats not PC.

In fact when you think about it ....... its a piss take.

No you're on a piss take! It's not LFC or Carlsberg's job to decide how to teach your children.  Are you trying to tell everyone if they buy a shirt with beer branding on it they are promoting children to drink beer? PC bullshit nothing more nothing, have a look around mate its everywhere, or perhaps you'd be better off going back into your cave!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #11: Jul 13, 2013 07:31:05 am
      No mate .

Im not the Neanderthal.

Everywhere ..... ?

There were no beer shirt sponsors in the last ten seasons in the Premier League except us and the Bitters.
      Scuse the pun.

... and they call themselves the Family Club ?  ;D
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2013 08:25:04 am by eurored »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #12: Jul 13, 2013 01:33:19 pm
      Worse things on shirts than beer floating around at the moment. Online gambing companies and legal lone sharks for instance. I grew up in the Carlsberg days and had more or less 2 kits a year. Don't touch the stuff though, it is ghastly.

Still they have been good sponsors of the club, so can't complain.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #13: Jul 13, 2013 02:43:10 pm
      Wasn't the best message.

I can see where you are coming from, but to be honest the kids this day and age are exposed to all types of harmful advertising. So to be honest it's no big deal for me.

The CL, Heineken, McDonalds, Playstation.
      The FA, Cup, Budwiser.
      The League Cup was Carling, now money lenders. Etc, etc, etc. the list goes on and on.

As for Standard Charter, they have been accused of dubious transactions have they not? By the way what was the out come in that case?

In general the main sponsors in sports are alcohol, fast food, money lending, betting, and electronics. Why, well I guess they are the ones with the global need to advertise big.

The only sport related advertising that has changed my life style was when Vodafone sponsored M.Utd, left them and went to Orange.

As for Calsberg, personally wish they were still our sponsor, but I guess they could not afford the same as the money lenders, funny that, global recession, lets advertise lending money, the cause of our (LFC), and the worlds current problems.

As for influencing children, well they can not buy Alchohol until they are 18, so if they are then it's the sellers fault for allowing them to buy it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #14: Jul 13, 2013 04:50:45 pm
      It must be the kids who drink the sh*te 'cos I don't know anyone who drinks it out of choice.
      Drink Guinness meself but do dabble with the ambre nectar sometimes and Carlsberg is a none starter, weak and lacking in character is how it is best described.
      Some of those Carlsberg shirt days are unforgetable 'tho.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15: Jul 13, 2013 06:26:16 pm
      I can see where you are coming from, but to be honest the kids this day and age are exposed to all types of harmful advertising. So to be honest it's no big deal for me.

The CL, Heineken, McDonalds, Playstation.
      The FA, Cup, Budwiser.
      The League Cup was Carling, now money lenders. Etc, etc, etc. the list goes on and on.

As for Standard Charter, they have been accused of dubious transactions have they not? By the way what was the out come in that case?

In general the main sponsors in sports are alcohol, fast food, money lending, betting, and electronics. Why, well I guess they are the ones with the global need to advertise big.

The only sport related advertising that has changed my life style was when Vodafone sponsored M.Utd, left them and went to Orange.

As for Calsberg, personally wish they were still our sponsor, but I guess they could not afford the same as the money lenders, funny that, global recession, lets advertise lending money, the cause of our (LFC), and the worlds current problems.

As for influencing children, well they can not buy Alchohol until they are 18, so if they are then it's the sellers fault for allowing them to buy it.

I did the same.
      As soon as I moved to Spain years back  I refused to go with Vodafone . I went with Navagalia and Movistar for that very reason.
      Never bought Samsung anything. Never have and never will.
      Funny that.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #16: Jul 14, 2013 01:50:46 am
      It must be the kids who drink the sh*te 'cos I don't know anyone who drinks it out of choice.
      Drink Guinness meself but do dabble with the ambre nectar sometimes and Carlsberg is a none starter, weak and lacking in character is how it is best described.
      Some of those Carlsberg shirt days are unforgetable 'tho.
      Is the Guinness nice in Liverpool , does it keep it's head all the way down ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #17: Jul 14, 2013 12:43:20 pm
      Is the Guinness nice in Liverpool , does it keep it's head all the way down ?

It's generally a good pint mate but like anywhere some alehouses do serve sh*te.
      I was on the 'laugh at the mancs' thread before this and the highlighted enquiry would be very suitable in there.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #18: Jul 14, 2013 02:37:20 pm
      It was when Candy sponsored the shirt that my weight problem started.   :roll:
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #19: Jul 14, 2013 06:11:34 pm
      It's generally a good pint mate but like anywhere some alehouses do serve sh*te.
      I was on the 'laugh at the mancs' thread before this and the highlighted enquiry would be very suitable in there.
      we'll be hoping they lose their heads and get a dose of the scutters in the process. As for the pint of the blackstuff I like it half and half , I'd always check out to see how many are drinking it before I order it , that way I know the pipes are been used regulary or not , it's the worst thing to get a bad pint .

Quick Reply