Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Net Spend vs. Player Quality

Read 13842 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Re: Net Spend vs. Player Quality
      Reply #69: Jul 13, 2013 12:42:34 pm
      Ah, so you did think Southampton should have finished higher given their high net spend :f_tongueincheek: :D

Indeed...nice catch  :f_doh:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #70: Jul 13, 2013 12:54:55 pm
      I'm not being sarcastic in this thread, so if you think I am I apologize.
      Oops my bad but in my defence...

You don't understand sarcasm much do you?

Because I was really serious that Southampton should have finished higher because of their high spend :lmao: Wow

Bazinga.   ;D

My point that you so deftly managed to circumvent
      I circumvented nothing FL.

You wrote "Maybe budget wasn't that important in the decision". I was responding to only that, if you read my post again you'll probably realise this but I'll apologise if it wasn't clear.

So... do you think 'we' would have bought him [Aspas] if he was £27m million or not? Was budget "important in the decision" or not?

I don't deem qualifying for Champion's League the ultimate justification, if you are going to spend the kind of money these clubs spend, you should be winning it, not just qualifying.
      Ah... I see... fair enough.

Maybe, then, you should only have googled Champions League winners then checked to see if they sign top players at a premium.  :confused-smiley-013:

I guess, tho', it's fair to say you can't win it if you're not in it  and if you don't spend top dollar, for top players, (at some point, at least), you are most definitely NOT going to win it.

The evidence bears witness to this - something that shouldn't be "circumvented" by the way.  ;D

Geninuely trying to get some insight from folks that know way more about football than I do.
      Thanks, I'm glad I have helped.

This thread has run it's course as far as I'm concerned. Catch y'all later.  8)
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2013 01:12:13 pm by bad boy bubby »
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #71: Jul 14, 2013 01:26:58 am
      I don't deem qualifying for Champion's League the ultimate justification, if you are going to spend the kind of money these clubs spend, you should be winning it, not just qualifying.
      Well they can't all win it , just the one you know . And if you're not in you can't win so speculate to accumulate and all that . it's what all big business do .
      Beverlion
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #72: Jul 14, 2013 01:58:33 am
      There's Keisuke Honda on the market for less than 2m euro (worth 20m upon transfermarkt), the best option, I guess
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #73: Jul 14, 2013 11:20:25 am
      There's Keisuke Honda on the market for less than 2m euro (worth 20m upon transfermarkt), the best option, I guess

Also available on a free, if uou don't mind waiting until January.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #74: Jul 14, 2013 11:24:28 am
      Well they can't all win it , just the one you know . And if you're not in you can't win so speculate to accumulate and all that . it's what all big business do .

And sometimes when you speculate, you lose your shirt and I'm sure the F.A. won't let us play as skins versus shirts. ;)
      Beverlion
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #75: Jul 15, 2013 12:41:54 pm
      Also available on a free, if uou don't mind waiting until January.

I think it's better to secure him for little cash as there could be tough competition for free player in Jan ))
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #76: Jul 15, 2013 07:27:11 pm
      Looking at the sums.

An extra £1.5M from ticket price increases on last year.  An extra £30M (at least) from increased TV money.  Lack of Europa League - lets take that £1.5M back off.

We should be looking at least that £30M + lets say a usual £20M summer budget + some of the wages saved reinvested.

I make that £50M net spend expected before we even consider money from Luis Suarez.

To have spent £2M at this stage makes me wonder where this money is going.

Just re-read JD's opener.

.....and if they are only "squad players " bought in so far.

.....and if we are off on our travels already without the new our shiny new  "team players "

.....and if we believe that Tom Werner talks bullshit to make us happy whilst sacking Kenny.

etc etc etc.

Makes you think.  ....   but I suppose they didnt think we could do  that......  think.

Ooops . Where dat picture come from ?

Hush ma mouth .
      « Last Edit: Jul 15, 2013 07:35:14 pm by eurored »

Quick Reply