Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Preston 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match

Read 20712 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: LIVE: Preston North End v Liverpool (Friendly)
      Reply #115: Jul 13, 2013 08:58:03 pm
      Missed the game today =[ Anyone have any highlights?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Re: Preston 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match
      Reply #116: Jul 13, 2013 10:07:36 pm

I missed it as well mate but the full game is on LFCtv tomorrow at 2pm.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #117: Jul 13, 2013 10:23:50 pm

Only could find the goals unfortunately

http://www.tvgolo.com/match-showfull-1373738016---02
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #118: Jul 14, 2013 12:32:47 am
      Think Pacheco, Spearo, and Flano are basically just making cameos until we can shift them onto new clubs.  Don't think any of the 3 are Liverpool quality, although Pacheco did have a few moments of quality this afternoon.
      I disagree with you on Young Flanagan , he has it and needs time to develop , he's that type of player that will take longer than others . I hope he's given the time he needs .
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #119: Jul 14, 2013 05:12:35 pm
      Borini - oh dear, disappointing, federer may be right

You see, I am not hypocritical; he scored a couple of goals in the u21 Euros, and some people were saying "oh my god, he's going to have a world beater season now!!!" as if scoring a couple of goals against u21 sides means anything.  On the same side, a game against PNE doesn't mean anything, so I am not going to say it means he'll continue to be poor.  We don't pay him to score against children from Spain/Norway/etc, nor do we pay him to score against PNE, so I won't go overboard on either his successes or failures against those teams. 

One interesting thing about yesterday's game, though: how is it possible that Sterling, an 18 year-old winger, when one-on-one with a keeper rushing at him, can calmly take a step around said keeper, and place it in the net, and Borini, 22, a striker by position, doesn't know how to do that? 

If anything, that is the worrying thing.

If I go into the Borini thread, I will set the over/under on the word "brilliant movement" at 20 per page.  And yet, as I watched Aspas yesterday, his movement was also brilliant.  The difference is, when he gets the ball *after* moving brilliantly, it appears he has options for what to do with it, even in tight spaces.  Borini doesn't really.  As I have said many times: brilliant movement is pointless if defenders learn that you can't do anything with the ball even if you do move into a good position.  So, ok Borini, here, you can't run very quickly, you don't have creativity like Sterling/Suarez etc, so, ok, we're going to put the ball in front of you, just the keeper to beat, just do that, just score one-on-one with the keeper, can you do that?  hell, at least get it on target.

Well...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #120: Jul 15, 2013 07:34:14 am
      Borini  = "Squad" Player

Sterling = "Team" Player

Both in the " Group."

Geddit ? Simples.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #121: Jul 15, 2013 07:57:27 am
      I got to watch the game yesterday having recorded it on lftv. Usual pre-season fare to be honest and as usual it's hard to gage a great deal. Most positive thing for me was seeing that Sterling has got himself in good shape. He looks like he has been in the weights room and eaten all the right things over the summer. He looks stronger than the boy who played so well for the first half of last season and having anothe youngster like Ibe pushing him can only be a good thing.

Other than that I thought Aspas looked good and it was obviously nice to see Martin Kelly back in a red shirt. My favourite headline on the newsnow listing yesterday was "Martin Kelly attends Paulo Maldini fancy dress party"  :)

Quick Reply