The theory behind my picks is to have one representative of each thing I like... More or less like this:
- Kenny Dalglish (Football)
- Slavoj Žižek (Politics / Philosophy)
- Clint Eastwood (Arts / Films)
- Paul Krugman (Economics)
- Billy Beane (Baseball)
I just noted there are no musicians there though! And if I can pick dead people, the list would probably be different.
- Friedrich Nietzsche (for the philosophical as well as entertainment value)
- Karl Marx (cause you might disagree with him, but the man could argue!)
- Bill Shankly (to talk football as well as socialism with that fella Karl)
- John Maynard Keynes (so that he can explain why his theory is still relevant to our stupid politicians)
- trying to decide which musician I would throw here... Joe Strummer maybe, or Paul McCartney? John Lennon would probably make a funnier presence in the heated debate that would arise.