Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Conor Coady (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Read 2755 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,686 posts | 3706 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Conor Coady (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
      May 26, 2014 07:06:05 am
      Blades face rivals in Coady race

Wolverhampton Wanderers have expressed an interest in former Sheffield United loanee Conor Coady, The Star understands.

The League One champions, who also hope to sign Harry Maguire from Nigel Clough’s side, are believed to be the unnamed club which approached Liverpool about the possibility of recruiting Coady earlier this month.

As this newspaper revealed five days ago, Anfield officials value Coady at around £1m after he impressed at Bramall Lane last season.

Although Kenny Jackett, Clough’s counterpart at Molineux, is unlikely to pay a seven figure fee for the central midfielder, sources in the North-West report that he will try to tempt Liverpool by offering a significant downpayment coupled with further performance-based installments.

Clough, who is poised to make Walsall captain Andy Butler his third signing of the summer following the recent arrivals of Marc McNulty and Jamal Campbell-Ryce, has also approached Brendan Rodgers about the possibility of working with Coady again next term.

But Wolves, who are scheduled to receive another £8m parachute payment from the Premier League ahead of the new campaign, hope their financial muscle will swing the battle for the 21-year-old’s services. http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-utd/blades-face-rivals-in-coady-race-1-6636733

I would sell him this time round. He is a good lad but I think he will not cut it here.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Conor Coady (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
      Reply #1: May 26, 2014 09:33:24 am
      If they want him they can pay for him, bollocks to incentive type payments  ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2: May 26, 2014 10:40:30 am
      He is a good lad but I think he will not cut it here.
      Very few lads with 'potential' do Clint; sadly it's a cut-throat game. Like most of our kids I had high hopes but I agree... I'd sell.
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #3: May 26, 2014 10:59:02 am
      Sell
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,686 posts | 3706 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4: May 26, 2014 11:00:48 am
      Very few lads with 'potential' do Clint; sadly it's a cut-throat game. Like most of our kids I had high hopes but I agree... I'd sell.

I would too. If he stays, he will be become Gerrard, Jordan, Allen, Lucas and other midfielders so it would be best for both parties to sell him.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #5: May 26, 2014 01:28:13 pm
      Disappointing. Would love to see him succeed in a red shirt.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #6: May 26, 2014 02:45:06 pm
      Sell for £2.5m please
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #7: May 26, 2014 03:30:19 pm
      Sell with a buy back clause and everyone is happy.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #8: May 26, 2014 04:46:20 pm
      don't want to sound negative but what is 1 mil to LFC anyways?   with our transfer targets requiring substantially more than 1 mil, it wouldn't even add significantly to what we need.

imo, since 1 mil is somewhat insignificant yet the player itself can be an appreciating asset, I would loan him out again but this time in an even more challenging environment and let him develop.   That 1 mil player might become 2.5mil next year, we just more than doubled our asset and someone paid for the ongoing salary.

Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #9: May 26, 2014 04:58:59 pm
      don't want to sound negative but what is 1 mil to LFC anyways?   with our transfer targets requiring substantially more than 1 mil, it wouldn't even add significantly to what we need.

imo, since 1 mil is somewhat insignificant yet the player itself can be an appreciating asset, I would loan him out again but this time in an even more challenging environment and let him develop.   That 1 mil player might become 2.5mil next year, we just more than doubled our asset and someone paid for the ongoing salary.

He only has a year of his contract left.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #10: May 26, 2014 06:46:48 pm
      do y'reckon he could do any better than Spearing did in the first team?
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #11: May 26, 2014 06:51:21 pm

In reality, quite a lot. Now we think of a million being pretty small in the transfer end, and thats not wrong, but LFC is being run like a business, and a million more pounds in dividends or reinvestment (plus taking a bit off the books in wages, and general player retention costs, such as training opportunity costs) is not tiny. If he isn't likely to increase in value (and a year on his contract means that might be the case - but I'm not in a position to judge), cashing out is sensible. Player costs may be inflating all the time, but it must be remembered that in the real world you can still get a loaf of bread for 80p, and a million pounds is always going to be a lot of money.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #12: May 26, 2014 07:07:23 pm
      Poor lad, out of all the places to go to that's amongst the worst.

Quick Reply