Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Christian Eriksen (Ajax)

Read 25242 times
      Bier
      Re: Christian Eriksen (Ajax)
      Reply #23: Jul 12, 2013 05:22:48 pm
      So then he'd be a free transfer next summer?

No, not free. Eriksen and his agent already said that he'll extend if he doesn't leave this summer, that agreement is already made with Ajax.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #24: Jul 12, 2013 05:30:59 pm
      I wouldn't bank on that if our Ajax.  If a top club came in the summer with a low offer say for arguments sake 8m or dare I say even lower, and if the club rejected that then it is highly unlikely he would sign a contract.  But if no offer comes in from a club that tickles his fancy then ok, he may well extend his contract.
      Bier
      Reply #25: Jul 12, 2013 05:39:41 pm
      I wouldn't bank on that if our Ajax.  If a top club came in the summer with a low offer say for arguments sake 8m or dare I say even lower, and if the club rejected that then it is highly unlikely he would sign a contract.  But if no offer comes in from a club that tickles his fancy then ok, he may well extend his contract.

Like I said, the agreement is already in place, I'm sure they've spoken about such details. He's been very vocal about his intentions to extend, not something you do if you have any doubts, because it'll only work against you. Also, if he doesnt then he's not playing in Ajax's first team for a whole season. Ajax is different than most clubs, their whole policy is build on them developing talents and selling them for money, and players like Eriksen know that. The same goes for Alderwerield now, it's the main reason why he's suddenly considering a club like Norwich. He knows he can't stay and let his contract run out, it would cause too many problems.
      « Last Edit: Jul 12, 2013 05:47:12 pm by Bier »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #26: Jul 12, 2013 05:42:16 pm
      Sky Sports reporting that we have started negotiations with Ajax to sign Eriksen, this pleases me.

Really?!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #27: Jul 12, 2013 05:44:04 pm
      That means that he will go on the cheap as it stands at the moment!
      Bier
      Reply #28: Jul 12, 2013 05:46:28 pm
      That means that he will go on the cheap as it stands at the moment!

Maybe eventually, not this summer though. Eriksen isn't very adament to leave, and Ajax isn't adament to sell.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #29: Jul 12, 2013 06:30:02 pm
      Another deal I'm not too bothered about, I think we could do better.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #30: Jul 12, 2013 06:44:15 pm
      Sounds like another instance of an agent trying to drum up interest.

"certain clubs"

Really??

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #31: Jul 12, 2013 06:45:29 pm
      Quotes from De Boer. His thoughts on Christian moving to us. Taken from talkaloadofbull.com only took the quotes though.

"If they play as they do now, I would not go", the former Netherlands international told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad.

"The playing style would not suit his own but, ultimately, it is for Chris himself to decide."

Seems like he's trying to hold on to him or just convince him to not come to us. Can't see how he wouldn't fit though. Coutinho's been brilliant for us and  Eriksen is a similar player only with even more of an eye for a pass.

More of an eye for a pass than Coutinho? Now that I've got to see.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #32: Jul 12, 2013 07:19:02 pm
      Another deal I'm not too bothered about, I think we could do better.

He certainly doesn't impress when it comes to Internationals, maybe he is a bit too good for the Dutch league but not quite good enough for the Premier League, at least that is the impression I think could soon fall upon him if we were to sign him and he struggled at first.

We shall see, probably nothing going to come of it anyway like.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33: Jul 12, 2013 07:21:29 pm
      If we get him, he's not that good and we didn't spend enough (yanks out)

If we don't, he's the next Laudrup and we're so freakin stupid
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #34: Jul 12, 2013 07:47:16 pm
      If we get him, he's not that good and we didn't spend enough (yanks out)

If we don't, he's the next Laudrup and we're so freakin stupid

So true.

At least we aren't like RAWK, getting emotionally attached to players they've only seen on Youtube and creating threads to come up with songs for them.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #35: Jul 12, 2013 11:30:09 pm
      So true.

At least we aren't like RAWK, getting emotionally attached to players they've only seen on Youtube and creating threads to come up with songs for them.

I wouldn't be too sure mate, we may not have the song thread creators but we definitely have the You Tube supporters in abundance.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #36: Jul 13, 2013 04:43:52 pm
      Would rather us put a bid in for Strootman, not saying they play in the same position, just think Coutinho should be our attacking mid with Henderson for cover. Lucas, Gerrard, Allen and Strootman center mids.

Coutinho/ Henderson

Gerrard/Allen         Strootman/Lucas

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #37: Jul 13, 2013 05:46:08 pm
      Would rather us put a bid in for Strootman, not saying they play in the same position, just think Coutinho should be our attacking mid with Henderson for cover. Lucas, Gerrard, Allen and Strootman center mids.

Coutinho/ Henderson

Gerrard/Allen         Strootman/Lucas

He signed for Roma.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #38: Jul 13, 2013 06:01:43 pm
      Never rated him anyway haha.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #39: Jul 13, 2013 06:33:19 pm
      Nothing has been confirmed yet, so Eriksen is not a done deal yet for Roma.

Christian Eriksen ‘likely to sign for Liverpool or Roma’

After missing out on Henrikh Mkhitaryan to Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool are set to do battle with Roma over Christian Eriksen.

The young Ajax star has said that if offers were to come in that interested him, he would be ready to accept a new challenge.

Reports in Denmark, the player’s homeland, state that if he were to move during this transfer window, it will be to either Liverpool or to Serie A with Roma.

Roma, who are reportedly tracking Arsenal forward Gervinho recently, are looking to Eriksen to replace Daniele De Rossi who has been linked with Chelsea, Real Madrid, and Paris Saint-Germain recently.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has been looking to infuse his squad with fresh, young, attacking talent and Eriksen certainly fits the bill.

Having played 109 times for Ajax since 2010 and scoring 23 goals, the 21-year-old has developed a reputation as one of the most exciting young players in Europe, and a move to a bigger club is certainly close to materialising.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/12/christian-eriksen-likely-to-sign-for-liverpool-or-roma-3879994/
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #40: Jul 13, 2013 08:23:22 pm
      Roma don't have Europa so if they are our biggest competition and we lose out.. :~(
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #41: Jul 13, 2013 08:31:38 pm
      Hmm... I don't understand why champions league clubs are not sniffing around him. It makes me very happy that we're still being linked with him.
      Beverlion
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #42: Jul 14, 2013 01:28:00 am
      Hmm... I don't understand why champions league clubs are not sniffing around him

they already have good players in his position, and he's too expensive to stay on bench   ;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #43: Jul 14, 2013 10:28:38 am
      Attacking Mid, goals, roughly 1 in 5. Would have to bring a lot more to the game in other aspects. Any stats on his assists?  Not sure he's top drawer, more like Potential again. We can, and need to do better than this.
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #44: Jul 14, 2013 11:55:24 am
      Apparently Liverpool are close to making a bid of 22.000.000 for both Christian Eriksen and Toby Alderweireld. Again acording to Ekstra Bladet.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #45: Jul 14, 2013 01:01:57 pm
      Again acording to Ekstra Bladet.

I'm not saying it's not without foundation - just wondering... Isn't that the Danish equivalent to the 'Daily Sport'?

Quick Reply