Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

FIFA 14

Read 21304 times
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Re: FIFA 14
      Reply #69: Nov 16, 2013 01:52:51 pm
      been playing this with my lad for a few days I don't know what it is I just cant get into it. The last one I played was fifa 7or something, and this one just seem's wrong, doesn't help that everytime I play seasons I get hammered! and my lad does the same, keep askin him for tips but he's no help ;D :P
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #70: Nov 18, 2013 01:52:29 am
      FIFA 13 was way better than 14. Really poor.
      Keep trying to get into it but it's gameplay and menu stuff is so slow and frustrating.
      Why oh why did they choose to take 5 steps back and not just improve a prior years better version.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #71: Dec 03, 2013 03:00:06 am
      FIFA 13 was way better than 14. Really poor.
      Keep trying to get into it but it's gameplay and menu stuff is so slow and frustrating.
      Why oh why did they choose to take 5 steps back and not just improve a prior years better version.

I may be way off but I have a theory on this, based on playing the demo on Xbox then full, next gen game on PS4.
      I think they designed it for PS4 and Xbox One then 'dumbed it down' for previous generation consoles for the sake of getting a version out on them and it hasn't really worked.
      The gameplay on PS4 is really smooth and there's extra animations as players take control of the ball, for example. These don't translate properly on the older, less powerful consoles so it slows the game down.
      Just a theory though because I haven't played either enough to compare fully.

By the way, Yesil is worth sticking up front, he's a great finisher.
      Scottish Red Stu
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      • Make Us Dream
      Reply #72: Dec 19, 2013 07:01:32 pm
      Any fellow red fancy a game on Xbox 360. StuyF22. 
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #73: Dec 26, 2013 03:37:17 pm
      I feel dirty about it, but I really enjoy playing with Everton in this game.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #74: Dec 26, 2013 11:35:16 pm
      Very different this to 13.

Started career mode and on deadline day the owners had an "extraordinary board meeting" where they decided they would sell Suarez without me having any input or abillity to block it. Sold him for 19m to Dortmund and left me with no time to find a replacement.

The gameplay is very difficult on this usually i jump quite quickly into world class mode and pick things up but I am struggling on "professional" difficulty at the moment.
      Scottish Red Stu
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      • Make Us Dream
      Reply #75: Jan 05, 2014 01:54:10 pm
      I always seem to start a season with a team then get bored easy making to many changes ruins the game any recommended teams to go guys?  .
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #76: Jan 11, 2014 12:52:51 am
      Been playing this a lot lately. Got 80k coins and this team on FUT:

GK Cech (Vorm)

RB Johnson (Walker)
      CB Kompany (Koscielny)
      CB Agger (Sakho)
      LB Baines (Enrique)

DM Ramires (Fernandinho)
      RM Navas (Mirallas)
      LM Young (Chadli)
      AM Nasri (Coutinho)

ST Suarez (Cavani)
      ST Sturridge (Hernandez)

Just trying to save up for Hazard or Toure at the moment.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #77: Jan 11, 2014 07:10:30 pm
      Have no idea what they have done to the keepers on this one! Awful, just awful! Was playing as Real Madrid against Juventus and the matey I was playing against must have pressed the wrong button and passed it by mistake, very weak in the direction of Casillas. Now you'd expect the keeper to easily pick it up with no players near by and it being so tame, but no!! He literally just stood there and it rolled through his legs into the goal! What the F**k is up with that?!

Also why can any player win the header at the back post? Was playing as Liverpool and against Juventus again and the ball was crossed in, now I'm sorry but a midget like Giovinco isn't going to win a header against a giant like Sakho once, let alone 3 times and it being a goal. You could blame it on me not pressing to head it but I'm not an idiot, I was pressing the button like crazy to make sure I won it!

sh*t game. Huge let down just like Football Manager. I'm sticking to the previous one!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #78: Jan 12, 2014 08:51:36 am
      Anyone else feel very handicapped online? My players feel so slow! Willian got run down very easily by Gerrard of all people. Kompany has 5 yards on an attacker and is always second to the ball.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #79: Jan 15, 2014 04:21:49 pm
      After months, on and off I did a personal double, won a game (without the other player quiting out) and strung a few wins together to get myself promoted as champion :D

Played Psg 3 times won 2, was getiing kinda bored of playing the same team though, then ended on England, and Luis got me a 90th min winner, which my brother always told was a great feeling and I have to admit, it was quite a good :)
      Think I'll leave it a while now, dont want to be getting too good :P or relegated ;)
      Scottish Red Stu
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      • Make Us Dream
      Reply #80: Feb 05, 2014 03:50:04 pm
      Seem to play online and whoever am playing players are faster?. I can't be bothered with it now up 2 or 3 goals and they turn off at least take the defeat and play to 90mins.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #81: Feb 05, 2014 11:13:13 pm
      I'm doing a career/manager mode and have a serious glitch going on. I started off managing my local MLS club, won the equivalent of the double in the US, and got offered the Watford job in January of the game (MLS seasons in FIFA end Dec. 31 before you advance to next season). So I managed Watford from Jan. 1 through promotion to the Prem.

The problem I'm having is the game never reset my transfer budget! I have a transfer kitty of 40k to sign players left over from January. Meanwhile, the players I loaned in have stayed (not a bad way around the glitch hah), the players I loaned out haven't returned, and every time I try to request more funds, the board never responds. You done fu**ed up, EA. ;D

I'm thinking the game got all confused because I started in a league that runs from January to December, as opposed to July to June. I'll be pissed if I have to return those players in January.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #82: Feb 23, 2014 03:59:11 pm
      Remy is beast!
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #83: Mar 03, 2014 02:06:32 pm
      I've been playing on PS4 and the gameplay is smooth.  I agree with the others who said you have to be more tactical and not just run by everyone, although I can still get the odd break with through balls to Sturridge.  What I have noticed is that the goals I score are more varied because I can't just do the same thing over and over like I did on previous versions.

They do some odd things in career mode though.  I was getting along well in my first season, top of the table a couple points up on Spurs and still in the FA Cup, Suarez with about 30 goals, and then he up and asks to be transferred.  There was nothing I could do about it.  The board tells me I have no choice and off he goes to PSG.  I started another career and I'll see if this happens again.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #84: Mar 04, 2014 10:32:57 pm
      I played it on the 360 (I play pretty much manager mode exclusively) and yeah the menu lags and team sheet lag was annoying.  I was okay with the game play.  The knock on being removed was a bit annoying as well.

I picked up the XBOXONE and have been playing a lot of FIFA.  Don't notice any lag in menus game play is pretty damn good.  Gotta say though, I'm not a fan of the Global Transfer Network crap.  Early on it's not to much of a big deal not knowing player's overalls, but what the hell is going to happen in say seasons 7-15?  Pretty poor feature to add IMO.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #85: Mar 07, 2014 04:06:10 pm
      I'm doing a career/manager mode and have a serious glitch going on. I started off managing my local MLS club, won the equivalent of the double in the US, and got offered the Watford job in January of the game (MLS seasons in FIFA end Dec. 31 before you advance to next season). So I managed Watford from Jan. 1 through promotion to the Prem.

The problem I'm having is the game never reset my transfer budget! I have a transfer kitty of 40k to sign players left over from January. Meanwhile, the players I loaned in have stayed (not a bad way around the glitch hah), the players I loaned out haven't returned, and every time I try to request more funds, the board never responds. You done fu**ed up, EA. ;D

I'm thinking the game got all confused because I started in a league that runs from January to December, as opposed to July to June. I'll be pissed if I have to return those players in January.

UPDATE: The players I signed on loan ended up going back in the January window even though I had agreed a fee in advance. Sucks major balls.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #86: Mar 17, 2014 09:46:11 pm
      My board has just demanded that I put Suarez on the transfer list because he's homesick and the situation is untenable.

And they've just sold him to F***ing SPURS for 21m

Joke
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #87: Mar 18, 2014 02:18:50 am
      It's almost like the game doesn't want Suarez to stay on LFC.  I've had a couple careers where I can't get to the end of the first season without being forced to sell him.  Once to PSG for about 25 mil and the other time to AC Milan for 20 mil.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #88: Mar 18, 2014 03:18:28 am
      In my second career I was able to keep him, but first career he went to Arsenal or Chelsea (can't remember which)
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #89: Mar 19, 2014 03:05:46 pm
      Making crazy coins on a TOTW player (not going to say who). Buying for around 16,500 - 20,000 and selling for 28-30k, 2 have even sold for 35k!
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #90: Mar 19, 2014 03:11:53 pm
      It's almost like the game doesn't want Suarez to stay on LFC.  I've had a couple careers where I can't get to the end of the first season without being forced to sell him.  Once to PSG for about 25 mil and the other time to AC Milan for 20 mil.

The glitchy connection with EA servers appear to have helped me. After they demanded I sold Suarez to Spurs for 21m, Sturridge also wanted to leave so I agreed to sell HIM to Spurs for £33m.

But for some reason neither move happened (the servers?), so I still have both! And speedy Patrick Aubamyemang! And that other Polish player we actually were linked with in real life. Jacub Blaczwynskiaetsxcsghsvhv gfsgh. He's dead fast too.

Hurray!
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #91: Mar 19, 2014 03:52:28 pm
      Jacub Blaczwynskiaetsxcsghsvhv gfsgh. He's dead fast too.

Hurray!

If he's getting paid that much he should be able to afford to buy a vowel.

Quick Reply