Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Javier Pastore (PSG, previously Palermo)

Read 39050 times
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Re: Javier Pastore (Palermo)
      Reply #184: Aug 06, 2011 04:12:09 pm

lock it!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #185: Aug 06, 2011 04:14:40 pm
      No kit in his size then?
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #186: Aug 06, 2011 04:16:00 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Javier Pastore (PSG, previously Palermo)
      Reply #187: Dec 13, 2013 11:57:24 pm
      Liverpool face transfer battle for Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Javier Pastore

Liverpool could face a battle for potential transfer target Javier Pastore, with Serie A side Roma and French club Lyon interested in the Paris Saint-Germain midfielder.

According to talkSPORT, the 24-year-old Argentine could be set for a January move away from the Parc des Princes and Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is keeping abreast of the situation.

Pastore was one of Les Parisiens' first major signings following their Qatari takeover in 2011. but he has struggled to justify his £35million pricetag.

And as QSI have continued to invest in the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Edinson Cavani, Pastore has failed to nail down a starting spot in Laurent Blanc's starting XI.

Therefore, a £17 million move to Anfield has been mooted in January but both Roma and Lyon are also said to be preparing moves.

Pastore's reputation in Italy remains good, the playmaker having done well for Palermo prior to his move to Paris.

And Roma could be looking to strengthen after a good start to the season, with reports suggesting they have been in touch with his representatives.

1st December, Daily Mirror
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #188: Dec 14, 2013 03:14:20 pm
      Gifted player but with very limited work rate, at least according to what I've seen of him with PSG (don't remember if it was the same in his Palermo days).
      The typical attack minded midfielder avoiding to involve himself in defending tasks, often walking lazily when his team don't have the ball, etc...
      There's no mystery why he failed to become a regular there.

Sure he has technicity and creativity for him (Coutinho's level or even better), but I'm not completely convinced he can adapt to PL/Liverpool unless there's a big change in his attitude.

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #189: Dec 27, 2013 12:49:55 pm
      big fan of his, like somebody else said that his workrate is not too good without the ball but he really is a good player. creative, can dribble and can pass the ball. I hope we sign him.
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #190: Jan 02, 2014 10:55:03 am
      Just posted something similar in the general board but I reckon this one will gather pace with PSG likely to lead chase for Mata?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #191: Jan 02, 2014 01:42:38 pm
      I'll gladly let them have Mata if we can nab Pastore. Not saying he's better but if PSG are in for Mata we have no chance (it's very slim as it is) and that means Javier is available.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #192: Jan 02, 2014 03:39:44 pm
      I'll gladly let them have Mata if we can nab Pastore. Not saying he's better but if PSG are in for Mata we have no chance (it's very slim as it is) and that means Javier is available.

sounds good to me, i have always rated pastore. Great player. I just hope we are after these kind of players and not only after youngsters
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #193: Jan 02, 2014 04:18:15 pm
      Have we actually been linked to him this window or is this all just heresay and wishing upon a star?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #194: Jan 02, 2014 04:48:04 pm
      Have we actually been linked to him this window or is this all just heresay and wishing upon a star?

We were linked with a "hopeful" loan deal for him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #195: Jan 03, 2014 12:15:56 am
      We were linked with a "hopeful" loan deal for him.

I hate that we get linked for loan signings. Every time I see us rumored to be loaning a player it makes me cringe, it almost gives the impression our standards have fallen so much we are only able to do this as opposed to having players/the club want permanent deals.

Though saying that, it is a blessing that Cissokho and Moses are only on loan, can F**k them off easily enough then!!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #196: Jan 03, 2014 06:56:56 pm
      I haven't seen much of the lad but if the comments on his work rate are true then i wouldn't go near him and don't imagine Brendan would either given his commitment to being a side that presses the ball. There isn't room for lazy players, or players who are disinterested in defending.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #197: Jan 03, 2014 10:49:02 pm
      I'd rather have someone like this than someone who has a high work rate and limited ability.
      You can't coach natural talent, but you can coach attitude and work rate.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #198: Jan 03, 2014 10:50:12 pm
      I'd rather have someone like this than someone who has a high work rate and limited ability.
      You can't coach natural talent, but you can coach attitude and work rate.

Just like all those highly rated coaches who worked with Berbatov...oh wait a minute.  :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #199: Jan 03, 2014 11:30:33 pm
      His work rate issues are overrated unless he has completely changed his attitude since leaving Palermo. When I watched him he was playing as a second striker effectively and he didn't need to press but wasn't lazy.

Honestly think if he comes here, even on loan, he'll be a top five player in the premier league for his position by the end of the season. This boy is class.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #200: Jan 04, 2014 12:36:12 pm
      I admit it's possibly more a problem from PSG management than from him, as he is far to be the only one affected (Jeremy Menez look even lazier when the team doesn't have the ball, and Nene was like that too in his last year before leaving). It's a club of stars in an under average league and their over confidence may make some players reduce their effort.

But in the case of Pastore, the mystery is why he failed to show more since he was sidelined. He regularily get chances as sub or when someone is injured but just looks more and more disinterested.
      Even his offensive stats are no longer good this season, in 15 appearances including 4 starts (and most enters as a sub around the hour, not with 5mn to play) he failed to get one goal or assist.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #201: Jan 04, 2014 01:54:45 pm
      I haven't seen much of the lad but if the comments on his work rate are true then i wouldn't go near him and don't imagine Brendan would either given his commitment to being a side that presses the ball. There isn't room for lazy players, or players who are disinterested in defending.

I would agree with that. At the best of times we play a three man midfield and you need as much work rate in there as anything else.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #202: Jan 04, 2014 08:22:35 pm
      Quote from Roddenberry link=topic=37253.msg1557390#msg1557390 date=1388789412

Just like all those highly rated coaches who worked with Berbatov...oh wait a minute.

Fair doe's, I'll shut the door on the way out.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #203: Jan 05, 2014 02:05:46 am
      Just like all those highly rated coaches who worked with Berbatov...oh wait a minute.  :)

Ribery and Robben say hello.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #204: Jan 05, 2014 09:22:42 pm

@indykaila: Breaking News: Liverpool & Arsenal contacted PSG regarding Javier Pastore within last 24 hours. Confirmed. #LFC #AFC

sh*t source - claimed 'ITK' for anyone who doesn't follow him on twitter but who knows...
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #205: Jan 05, 2014 11:48:36 pm
      @indykaila: Breaking News: Liverpool & Arsenal contacted PSG regarding Javier Pastore within last 24 hours. Confirmed. #LFC #AFC

Sh*t source - claimed 'ITK' for anyone who doesn't follow him on twitter but who knows...

Indykaila is just a teenage boy making up news in his bedroom. He has been caught lying over dozen times now. Plz don't post his tweets here, it just degrades forums integrity
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #206: Jan 07, 2014 02:31:06 am
      Indykaila is just a teenage boy making up news in his bedroom. He has been caught lying over dozen times now. Plz don't post his tweets here, it just degrades forums integrity

This. he is a garbage source. Then again most people on twitter claiming to be an ITK are garbage. My new viewpoint on transfers is to not pay attention to them or any sources and wait til it is confirmed. Much easier to deal with transfer windows. So far so good!

Quick Reply