Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Buy Fabregas and keep Suarez. A message for FSG (it also makes financial sense)

Read 4400 times
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Re: Buy Fabregas and keep Suarez. A message for FSG (it also makes financial sense)
      Reply #23: Jul 21, 2013 08:26:39 pm
      Ok so we are starting threads based on out fantasies now. How about buying the Spain national team.
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Buy Fabregas and keep Suarez. A message for FSG (it also makes financial sense)
      Reply #24: Jul 21, 2013 09:15:48 pm
      Ok so we are starting threads based on out fantasies now. How about buying the Spain national team.

If were starting threads on fantasies can't we sign these instead ??

red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #25: Jul 21, 2013 09:46:19 pm

If were starting threads on fantasies can't we sign these instead ??

We need to concentrate on trophies of the other kind for some time. ;)
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #26: Jul 21, 2013 10:35:11 pm
      Bold idea but I like it. It's about time we showed some real ambition in the transfer market and there's the potential for a deal like the one suggested in the OP to not only inspire and galvanise the current group, and Suarez in particular who it could persuade to stay, but also to signal to players throughout the footballing world that we mean business. The chances of signing Fabregas I would think are virtually nil at this stage but if instead of his name you just read 'any top drawer attacking midfielder we might reasonably be able to acquire' it becomes a lot more plausible. It goes without saying if we can sign Coutinho for £8m there must be some other similar deals to be done -- Mkhitaryan could have been one, Bernard could be another (although I have seen neither). The point of it is that a player like that could make a massive difference because they'd be joining an attacking lineup that includes Suarez, Coutinho, Gerrard and working under a manager whose ideas and methods are suited to getting the best out of them. And there's a very good chance it could pay for itself with CL football and massively increased revenues just over the horizon.
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2013 10:40:32 pm by -LFC- »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #27: Jul 22, 2013 01:04:12 am
      Maybe just me but I don't really like Fabregas. Now I'm not saying he's not any good, he's a good footballer, but he rubs me the wrong way, seems to act the part of a prima donna and doesn't really look like someone that I would want in the locker room. I may be completely off base here but not a fan of him at all.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #28: Jul 22, 2013 09:17:15 am
      I think the principle is sound. Best form of defense is attack in keeping the squad happy.

I will say i think mkhi was possibly a great move in that regards to bring in quality to the first 11.

Not happy that as rodgers himself stated we only really had that one target.

But mick, the foundation of your argument is solid and i think would be a great idea.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #29: Jul 22, 2013 06:19:44 pm
      Now I'm not saying he's not any good, he's a good footballer, but he rubs me the wrong way,

I actually agree.

Something about him really gets to me but just can't quite put my finger on it.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #30: Jul 22, 2013 06:26:26 pm
      I actually agree.

Something about him really gets to me but just can't quite put my finger on it.

The same could be said for most good players, not all, but most. It now looks as though Moyes is going all out to get him so he definitely won't come to us, but I wish the owners would fund a move for somebody else with the same star quality. I think there would be no better way of persuading our best players to stay, and other top players that we mean business. Everyone likes Isco or whatever his name is (I think he's gone to City) but there must be others who would get the pulses racing. Perhaps it's this Ericsson character, I don't know.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #31: Jul 22, 2013 06:48:53 pm
      Everyone likes Isco or whatever his name is (I think he's gone to City) but there must be others who would get the pulses racing.

Citeh wanted him but he went to Real Madrid. Nice to know they don't get everything their own way (after signing Rafa's wanted list of Silva, Aguero, Jovetic and..err... Barry).

Perhaps it's this Ericsson character, I don't know.

I like Eriksen but I'm not going to hold my breath. Plus it concerns me a little that the fuss over him has died down somewhat after he was hailed as the next big thing a couple of seasons back. Haven't seen enough of him lately to make a proper judgement.

Quick Reply