Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC 3-0 Thailand

Read 15603 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: LFC v Thailand
      Reply #115: Jul 28, 2013 01:44:58 pm
      Didn't see any of the game, except the goals. Been impressed by Aspas' contribution. Took his goal well and set up Gerrards goal. Still along way off the kind of competition that we will have to get used to playing in the league but its another win and another clean sheet.

As for little Countinho, the kid is a gem and I feel lucky to be watching him. Plays with a smile, skill, hard work and goals. All for £6.9m.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #116: Jul 28, 2013 01:46:32 pm
      Man U lost to Thailand 2 weeks ago.

The fuckers have been getting hammered all over the globe, they are a world-wide laughing stock (and their global dickhead fanbase of course).
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #117: Jul 28, 2013 01:46:48 pm
      still 3 games left including the testimonial,  looking at the Stoke team there's little to worry about. .. we should be top of the league for a few hours with our early kick off.

I like your thinking, King for a day, well....maybe a couple of hours  :)
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #118: Jul 28, 2013 01:57:35 pm
      The match coverage was terrible. The Cameraman giving himself a good little selfie.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #119: Jul 28, 2013 01:59:32 pm
      How's about a summary for those who missed the entire game?

Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #120: Jul 28, 2013 02:10:31 pm
      How's about a summary for those who missed the entire game?

Decent performance. Coutinho a step above all around him, scored a beauty. Good games for Allen, Gerrard and Toure. Aspas got his act together in the second half showing he has goals in him. Suarez looked a bit more interested today, maybe not at his sharpest but looked dangerous when on. Hendo looked quite good. Could have had a couple more but a worthwhile exercise.

TV coverage an embarassment. Sh*te
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #121: Jul 28, 2013 02:18:20 pm
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #122: Jul 28, 2013 02:24:37 pm
      Decent performance. Coutinho a step above all around him, scored a beauty. Good games for Allen, Gerrard and Toure. Aspas got his act together in the second half showing he has goals in him. Suarez looked a bit more interested today, maybe not at his sharpest but looked dangerous when on. Hendo looked quite good. Could have had a couple more but a worthwhile exercise.

TV coverage an embarassment. Sh*te

Thanks for that Arrie

Much impressed with Toure so far

It's interesting to note that we say we have some very good players in our team, but when a player of Toure's talent comes in, even at 32, it does make you think if we are thinking too highly of our own players (Suarez and Gerrard excluded)

This guy has a league title winner's medal and he looks every inch a winner

Let's hope he sets the bar for staff and players
      LFCexiled
      Reply #123: Jul 28, 2013 02:30:00 pm
      Must agree, I like seeing Toure at the back shouting and organising, makes losing Carra easier.

Loving Couts, the lad is absolutely class, Hendo's looking sharper, that bloke who's leaving will be missed, Joe Allen's looking hungry, Stevie looks like Alex has pissed on his cornflakes.

If I think of anything else I'll be back. ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #124: Jul 28, 2013 04:01:46 pm
      Another win and another clean sheet, pre season or not it is still good and certainly does a new keepers confidence the world of good!

I'm not going to pick too much here but did anyone else think that Johnson again looked like a weak link? I didn't rate him at all this match either! Borini looked sharp and Aspas settled as the game went on, was a cracking first touch for his goal!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #125: Jul 28, 2013 04:19:40 pm
      Amidst the Suarez saga it appears Liverpool put on a great tour. It must have been a great show for all those fans on the other side of the world. Before this tour I'd be lying in saying going to the other side of the world for commercial reasons was time well spent. But I'm glad to say this tour banished those feelings. It's obvious that with the right teams and the right attitude by the management putting out those teams then they are hugely beneficial for all involved. The club did themselves so proud to put on a great show for hundreds of thousands of people in the stadiums (millions when you take in tv figures) that makes you realise how important those fans are to the club. And good clean performance with no injuries and no bad performances to talk of all while making strides in their fitness. Hopefully they can continue this form in the remaining friendlies so to go into the first match against Stoke feeling confident and prepared.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #126: Jul 28, 2013 04:40:22 pm
      A winning pre season bodes well for the coming season. Winning is a state of mind so this tour could work wonders for moral.
      Haven't seen the highlights yet, but sounds like another good workout.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #127: Jul 28, 2013 04:49:00 pm
      Was there a post match interview for BR or anyone today..?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #128: Jul 28, 2013 04:59:47 pm
      Was there a post match interview for BR or anyone today..?

Brendan Rodgers:

"It's been incredible. Throughout this tour I'll take this with me.” “Even though we'll be miles away back home, the people in these three countries will always be in our hearts.”

“On behalf of everyone at the football club, I just want to say to all the people in Thailand, thank-you for your welcome.” “Keep supporting the greatest football family in the world.”

That's the only think I've seen floating around mate.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: LFC 3-0 Thailand
      Reply #129: Jul 28, 2013 07:54:43 pm
       My take on the game.

Mignolet: Had little to do, but on the odd occasion he did looked extremely impressive. One excellent save as well as some timely clearances catches from crosses. I like him already, a lot.

Enrique: Typically robust and muscular, not put under any pressure defensively. At his best he is very good, at his worst he's a liability. Big season for him and he needs to close the gap between the two extremes of performance.

Agger: Never troubled defensively really, did what he had to.

Toure: Again very impressive. Somebody said earlier that the fact that he can come in and instantly look so good indicates that at times we think our players are better than they are. Whoever said that is spot on, in a short time has made himself a must play.

Johnson: Only in third gear but still one of our best players.

Lucas: Occasionally a bit sloppy but generally pretty good.

Allen: Much better than the latter half of last season. Carried it well, kept it well and got his foot in. Big season for Joe, he's a very good player and hopefully he can show it again.

Gerrard: Absolutely imperious. Along with Coutinho the best players on the pitch by a zillion miles.

Aspas: Busy, occasionally with decent touches. Took his goal well and might have had another. I'm unconvinced by him, but he was decent here.

Borini: Trademark excellent movement and almost scored in the first half. Still looks a little short on confidence, but I'm not. I think there's a good player in there which will eventually come out.

Coutinho: Marvellous goal and he truly is a fabulous little player. Has everything when in possession, pace, balance, strength and vision. How on Earth Brendan got him for 8 million quid I'll never know.

Subs: Henderson did his usual, Ibe was impressive and is going to be some player when he gets older (brilliant purchase by the king). Skrtel was pretty good really, and Suarez looked a fair bit more interested than he did in Oz. Even at 25% effort though Luis is a class apart from the likes of Aspas, it's glaringly obvious. Oh and I thought Luis Alberto looked quite good when he came on too. He doesn't actually do anything, but he looks like a footballer at least which is a start. Still reminds me of Ray Kennedy for some reason.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #130: Jul 28, 2013 08:19:17 pm
      Thanks for that round up Bigmick

No run out for Sterling?

EDIT: Have to say, it was me who said that about Toure :f_whistle: Brilliant player, and I can see him starting quite a lot of games if things stay as they are. Genuine class
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #131: Jul 29, 2013 09:29:32 am
      I watched the match on ESPN and it was good to see the REDS enjoy the outing without breaking their necks.The more I see of young Coutinho the more he impresses me,I thought he was good last season but I feel he will break all sorts of records next season.I thought our new goalie Mignolet looked very confident and made a couple of good saves.The lads have shown us they know how to put the ball in the net and how to win,they need to carry this attitude into the league matches and make Anfield a happy place once again.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #132: Jul 29, 2013 12:59:11 pm
      Stayed off Facebook and off here last night as I was recording it and wanted to watch it like a Live Game when I got home. Well I was pleasantly surprised with the end scoreline but more impressed with the quality of the Goals. Coutinho's goal was top drawer, Aspa's goal with the turn and the cooly slotted shot, shows the lad has some class and Steven's was just an exqusite chip. Pity Luis and Stevies' other shot hit the underside of the Bar and popped out, you know if that was the Mancs, they both would have ricochet into the back of the net.  :-\

All in all another impressive away display, hopefully the lads have a nice, safe flight home and come out and smack Olympiakos in Stevie's testamonial.

Thanks for coming to Melbourne.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #133: Aug 02, 2013 08:11:49 pm
      Still not seen any our new players in action, at this rate, I will not recognise the side ! Who seems to be our best signing so far?
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #134: Aug 02, 2013 08:25:09 pm
      Still not seen any our new players in action, at this rate, I will not recognise the side ! Who seems to be our best signing so far?

Funny you should say that, I've been off work all week due to being ill and happened to catch a bit of a rerun of this game. Thought Aspas looked bright, with some very clever movement and an eye for goal. He is linking up excellently with the rest of the team, in particular Glen Johnson coming from down the wing. Didn't watch long enough to see Luis Alberto but he looked bored on the bench. :D

Surprised at how well Kolo Toure looked. He was very comfortable with Agger in defence and he looked very athletic and fit, despite having not played a lot last season. Still, I would love to sign another defender and have Kolo as back-up. Mignolet made a couple of good saves. Didn't have an awful lot to do but looked comfortable coming for crosses and made at least one very good save.

The player who stood out for me, above all, was little Coutinho. Although on the team list as a winger, he came inside a lot and looked like he had a free role. Opposition needs to be considered but he was turning players inside out with clever touches, some of which were out of this world, and movement. Scored a great goal and his passing was very good.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #135: Aug 02, 2013 08:31:52 pm
      Coutinho looks a great signing, from what I saw of him on TV, I still think he has the makings of being a star player for the Reds. Anyway thanks mate for your reply.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #136: Aug 02, 2013 08:35:29 pm
      Coutinho looks a great signing, from what I saw of him on TV, I still think he has the makings of being a star player for the Reds. Anyway thanks mate for your reply.

No problem mate. Agreed, in fact I was just saying in his player thread that opposition clubs aren't going to sit around much longer of we aren't doing it on the pitch and his form continues.

Quick Reply