Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Pepe Reina - A Letter to the Liverpool Supporters

Read 28026 times
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Re: Pepe Reina - A Letter to the Liverpool Supporters
      Reply #207: Jul 29, 2013 09:10:21 pm
      Skrtel played like sh*te last year.

If Barcelona had come calling Pepe would have left so fast your head would spin off your neck.

Get a grip.

Yes but the whole point is he gave us notice and told us that hence how we brought mignolet in

But when it was our turn we just made a deal without giving him notice and the respect he gave us
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #208: Jul 29, 2013 09:13:47 pm
      Another , slightly un-nerving development I have noticed recently is how our very own LFV TV is taking on a hardened censorship policy with all these very topical issues that we as fans should be able to tune in to, to get the latest news & developments at our beloved club.
      The Pepe "saga" wasn't even mentioned apart from how he thanked the fans etc etc via letter...Even the Suarez situation seems to be constantly brushed under the carpet during the latest LFC TV new bulletins..and when Aldo/St John/Evans were in the studio chatting over the recent games it was almost like they had been prep'd in to an embargo about our talisman...The recent episode of Press box had a tiny discussion but that was about it..
      Seems to me that the headlines are bastardised by social media/twitter/fb and the likes..

LFCTV is pretty sh*t I find. If you want to discuss/listen to real issues about the club, then F**k that channel off. More interested in spinning everything into positives and licking John Henrys and FSGs ring piece on there.

Probably because they own it.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #209: Jul 29, 2013 09:16:38 pm
      There isn't much point in refusing to go when they had the decision already Mick .
      But if Barca,s keeper had walked so would have Pepe, at the end of the day BR wants commitment and if it ain't 100 per cent then.....
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #210: Jul 29, 2013 09:17:32 pm
      LFCTV is pretty sh*t I find. If you want to discuss/listen to real issues about the club, then f**k that channel off. More interested in spinning everything into positives and licking John Henrys and FSGs ring piece on there.

Probably because they own it.
      Yea , your right mate but it does wind me up...The debates on here are well better , even though they can get out of hand sometimes..scary stuff at times...ha ha.. TRUE !! but scary...
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #211: Jul 29, 2013 09:20:20 pm
      But if Barca,s keeper had walked so would have Pepe, at the end of the day BR wants commitment and if it ain't 100 per cent then.....

On that logic we should be getting rid of Suarez no..? Ow, and once Gerrard flirted with Chelsea so better pack him off, am I right in thinking that a few other first team players have made noise at one point or another - or indeed their agents have...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #212: Jul 29, 2013 09:20:26 pm

Bullshit. We are hardly showing Suarez the door. Of our entire squad, how many wouldn't want to go and play for Barca?
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #213: Jul 29, 2013 09:21:10 pm
      That's what eats at me too JD but to be fair those new breed of 'supporters' have been very consistent in that respect.

Business before football, money before ability and balance-sheets before respect & decency for a true legend. Thankfully most Reds still hold dear that which made this club "the greatest football family in the world":-\

Brilliantly said JD and BBB.

It saddens me that it seems the new breed don't give a fat rat's clicker about the club's great ethos.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #214: Jul 29, 2013 09:23:54 pm
      The thing that makes me laugh about this whole situation is this.

The people who are defending Rodgers and FSG's decision to  do this whilst stating it was for financial reason's, when the club has spent barely £2m net on players on the back of the biggest  premier league tv money deal ever ?

If this was H&G that had done it, there would be F***ing riots.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #215: Jul 29, 2013 09:24:08 pm
      Skrtel played like sh*te last year.

Skrtel plays like sh*te = get rid, apparently.

Borini/Allen/Henderson/Downing play like sh*te = oh, they're good squad players, just need time.

:roll:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #216: Jul 29, 2013 09:27:21 pm
      It may well be a brutal business.  But when you demand courtesy and loyalty from your employees - it might be appropriate to tell someone who has worked for you for 8 years that he's in a new office on Monday.

Sadly this doesn't surprise me.  The bullshit-meter at Anfield is at enormous highs at the moment.

Maybe Pepe didn't get told because Ian Ayre was out buying some shirts on a market stall in Indonesia - or getting thrown around hotel rooms by Robbie Fowler? I'm sure he was busy anyway.

I'm a bit embarrassed about my football club today.

Sums it up for me as well.

On a few days holiday so haven't posted much, or heard the full details of this, but I'm so disappointed in how the club seems to be run these days.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #217: Jul 29, 2013 09:29:54 pm
      It may well be a brutal business.  But when you demand courtesy and loyalty from your employees - it might be appropriate to tell someone who has worked for you for 8 years that he's in a new office on Monday.

Sadly this doesn't surprise me.  The bullshit-meter at Anfield is at enormous highs at the moment.

Maybe Pepe didn't get told because Ian Ayre was out buying some shirts on a market stall in Indonesia - or getting thrown around hotel rooms by Robbie Fowler? I'm sure he was busy anyway.

Bang on the money mate.  Perfect summary

The sunshiners/accountants will tell you it's all for the good of the club, though.

Christ, the more you think about it, the more infuriating it is.  Ayre and Fowler messing around in a hotel room in Melbourne, yet Ayre's got no time to make a two minute phone to call to Pepe out of courtesy.

priorities, priorities.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #218: Jul 29, 2013 09:31:27 pm

This, all day long...
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #219: Jul 29, 2013 09:33:16 pm
      interesting that a poster who likes to question  Rafa's abilities and his record seems to think this is ok and that no harm has been done.
      what a load of f***in bollox.
      BILL SHANKLY still casts a huge shadow over this club thank God. He would not have even contemplated working with FSG and his loyalty to his players was actually one of his weaknesses . He found it difficult to ease players out that had given him such loyal service.
      Wake up FFS this is not the Liverpool we all grew up with either on or of the pitch. In 2005 Rafa came as close as anyone to really getti0ng this club back to where it belongs ...the fans. Now we  may as well support ~Marks and Spencer its all about the balance sheet.
      Pepe a lad born outside of this country seemed to understand this club better than some of the posters on here and to dismiss his service in such a tardy way is a sad reflection of what we have become.
      It is bad enough becoming a mid table club but to become a club with no class in unacceptable. Supporting a club that can SACK Kenny is a stretch to far
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #220: Jul 29, 2013 09:35:42 pm

Skrtel plays like sh*te = get rid, apparently.

Borini/Allen/Henderson/Downing play like sh*te = oh, they're good squad players, just need time.

:roll:
      We are told Kenny lost his job because of his signings but how is Brendan still here if we judge a manager on that basis
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #221: Jul 29, 2013 09:57:53 pm
      We are told Kenny lost his job because of his signings but how is Brendan still here if we judge a manager on that basis

Well, actually:

Kenny's great signings: Luis Suarez
      Kenny's so-so signings: Jordan Henderson, Jose Enrique
      Kenny's bad signings: Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam
      n/a: Doni

Brendan's great signings: Philippe Coutinho, Daniel Sturrige
      Brendan's so-so signings: Joe Allen
      Brendan's bad signings: Oussama Assaidi, Fabio Borini (at the moment)
      n/a: Simon Mignolet, Kolo Toure, Iago Aspas, Luis Alberto
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #222: Jul 29, 2013 09:59:25 pm
      Well, actually:

Kenny's great signings: Luis Suarez
      Kenny's so-so signings: Jordan Henderson, Jose Enrique
      Kenny's bad signings: Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam
      n/a: Doni

Brendan's great signings: Philippe Coutinho, Daniel Sturrige
      Brendan's so-so signings: Joe Allen
      Brendan's bad signings: Oussama Assaidi, Fabio Borini (at the moment)
      n/a: Simon Mignolet, Kolo Toure, Iago Aspas, Luis Alberto

I'd be firmly placing Joe Allen in the poor signing category. Paid a fortune for him and he's shown very little.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #223: Jul 29, 2013 10:01:58 pm
      I'd be firmly placing Joe Allen in the poor signing category. Paid a fortune for him and he's shown very little.

Should we move Henderson as well? His fee was slightly more than Allen's and the difference between the two is pretty slim.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #224: Jul 29, 2013 10:05:22 pm
      Well, i am F***ing disgusted by this.

This is not how we conduct ourselves. At least we never used to conduct ourselves like this, i thought we were better than this. How wrong was i?.

On the offal just a few sentences stringed together, not once does a single sentence contain the words 'thank you'. F***ing classless. Pepe deserves more than this. He never even got the chance to say goodbye to us and that hurts. It must really hurt him too.

I didn't need to read the letter to know how Reina feels about us, he has shown us with every save he's made, every mistake he's made, every goal he's celebrated, every goal he's conceded, every 50-50 he's gone into, every move he's started and every ball he's punched away.

I think i've read every post in this thread so far and there's one word i haven't seen.

That word is dignity. One of our most important values.

I look at NESV and how they have conducted themselves since the start of their tenure and dignified is hardly a word that could be used to describe some of their actions.

If it's true that Pepe let the Club know that if an offer came in from Barcelona he'd have to consider it then i think it's safe to say that Pepe conducted himself in a dignified manner.

Were NESV dignified with their handling of Kenny?.

Were NESV dignified in their lack of support for Suarez?.

Have NESV been dignified in their treatment of Reina?.

Has Brendan shown a modicum of dignity regarding his comments about Reina ?. Were his contradictions based on the misinformation of NESV or were they the ramblings of a cold, ruthless calculating football manager?.

I don't like what i'm seeing at the Club lately and somebody somewhere is lying. I pray that it's not our manager.

Thank you for everything Pepe, one of the best keepers i've ever seen play for us and an honest and sincere servant to us for the last eight years.

I wish you all the best in your next Chapter and may you continue to be a world class keeper for many years to come. I'd love to see you back here again but i think that is highly unlikely and that for me is a shame.

This is a big big gamble for Brendan. Anyone who thinks Mignolet is an upgrade on Reina should think again. He's nowhere near Reina yet and i can't believe some posters think this is the case.

I also can't believe we are putting Mignolet straight in without earning the right to wear the No.1 jersey. I hope he does well for us as i do any player but if he has a dodgy start our campaign is fu**ed from the start.

Like i said, a big big call.

Thanks for everything Pepe. You'll Never Walk Alone mate. The Red Army will always be at your beck and call.  :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #225: Jul 29, 2013 10:05:52 pm
      And ask the question why one of our most loyal players would walk away , he saw the shower of bollock's that are running our club and decided he had enough .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #226: Jul 29, 2013 10:43:00 pm
      Dunno - when Keegan went to Hamburg?

When we sold Rush to Juventus?

Or was it Torres to Chelsea?

When do you think it was?
      Keegan was going to Hamburg half way through the 1976/77 season and because he wanted out we bought a better replacement in Kenny Dalglish.That transfer was engineered by Keegan himself not by L.F.C.
       Torres himself wanted away so you can hardly say it was the fault of the club that we were sellers.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #227: Jul 29, 2013 10:58:53 pm
      I'm speechless tbh.

Upset how Pepe's been treated  :(

Emotional reading his letter  :'(

Disgusted, sickened and embarrassed at what our Club is becoming  :mad:

I never, ever thought that so many LFC fans would blindly accept a situation, just because somebody says so. 

We fight for what we believe is right, for injustice, for those who can't fight for themselves, for our own and each other, not WITH each other.

We were invincible, unbreakable, never cowed, never deterred from our path.

Now we're just pathetic.

We've lost a Legend.  One of our own. 

Someone who stood up to be counted, when others kept quiet. 

Someone who stood by us, while the mercenary's left. 

Someone who's just told us in his letter how much he would have loved to be one of us, watching from the Kop, celebrating with us, as a fan, like a fan when we scored.

He's gone, not like a Legend should leave but unceremoniously shoved out the back door, by the bean counters so they could balance the fu**ing books.

Thanks for the fantastic memories Pepe and for loving us like you do.  Gonna miss you mate  :f_wah:
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #228: Jul 29, 2013 11:08:06 pm
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #229: Jul 29, 2013 11:11:28 pm
      Honestly - I am absolutly gutted by this... Not because of our new keeper, or indeed losing a keeper of his quality - not at all for footballing reasons. But the way we have treated Pepe.

You can see from his letter to the fans how much we and LFC mean to him, and we then transfer him to another club without his concent. Way to go Ayre and co - if I was a player the first thing I would ask is 'well, they do that to Pepe what would they do to me?'. Idiots of the highest order, I have stood by NESV and stuck up for them many times, but this to me is the final nail in the coffin - they care nothing about us as fans, the players or the reaction we would give over this. Skumbags of the highest order and money saving idiots. Personally, yanks out...

They can't transfer or loan him without his consent as he has a contract with us. He wanted to go and signed off on it - deal with it.

Quick Reply