Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

"If you can't support us when we draw or lose, don't support us when we win."

Read 25778 times
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Re: "If you can't support us when we draw or lose, don't support us when we win."
      Reply #115: Aug 09, 2013 07:56:09 am
      Honestly the fact that you dont see yourself as being rude and condescending and actually consider your postings as being " In a respectful manner" is exactly why the Admins and Mods have warned you about your content and postings. 

/snip/

Oh, by the way, I do understand Irony. For example, I know 2 other guys named Carlos and their both dickheads, Ironic huh?

This bit made me laugh out loud. Don't they have dictionaries where you live?

As for your rebuttal - I'm afraid you didn't really get the point of what I posted. I think the problem is your poor comprehension of the English language.

Like I said above, keep it on topic;  if the day comes about I need your opinion about what I'm posting about or how I'll be sure to let you know.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Re: "If you can't support us when we draw or lose, don't support us when we win."
      Reply #116: Aug 09, 2013 08:42:07 am

As for your rebuttal - I'm afraid you didn't really get the point of what I posted. I think the problem is your poor comprehension of the English language.

It's not Yank. Most of us didn't get the point of whatever the F**k you posted. May be the problem is not our poor comprehension of English language but the sh*t you constantly throw at people.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #117: Aug 09, 2013 09:00:18 am
      It's not Yank. Most of us didn't get the point of whatever the F**k you posted. May be the problem is not our poor comprehension of English language but the sh*t you constantly throw at people.

An extremely succinct response my friend.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #118: Aug 09, 2013 11:02:59 am
       :lmao:

Like I said above, keep it on topic;  if the day comes about I need your opinion about what I'm posting about or how I'll be sure to let you know.

Arrogant ...noooooooooooooooooo :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #119: Aug 09, 2013 11:18:41 am

From the Suarez thread that was deleted a few days ago I pointed out that the real issue here was that the playre, agent and Arsenal all clearly feel that a promise was made that he could leave bebe te attempted activation of the clause but that we were right to be ruthless.

Pot, Kettle, very F***ing black spring to mind here!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #120: Aug 09, 2013 11:23:13 am
      Pot, Kettle, very F***ing black spring to mind here!!

F***ing gimp springs to mind here.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #121: Aug 09, 2013 12:45:07 pm
      Ha ha don't worry about it lads - there's a big difference between not understanding the meaning of a word as opposed to posting typos because you are using an iPhone keyboard.

Whether I'm "arrogant" or not isn't really the issue here - I see that Nene is now getting castigated on the other thread for posting an anti-BR comment when a few days ago the majority opinion on here would have let it slide.

I'm glad you have (finally) started to come round to my point of view :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #122: Aug 09, 2013 12:46:41 pm
      Ha ha don't worry about it lads - there's a big difference between not understanding the meaning of a word as opposed to posting typos because you are using an iPhone keyboard.

Hypocrite too!

Didn't you slag off Redblood for the very same answer?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #123: Aug 09, 2013 12:48:41 pm
      Can someone remind me what this thread's about, I can't tell from the last few posts.  :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #124: Aug 09, 2013 12:55:36 pm
      Can someone remind me what this thread's about, I can't tell from the last few posts.  :D

A mangled up Shankly quote?
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #125: Aug 09, 2013 12:56:40 pm
      Hypocrite too!

Didn't you slag off Redblood for the very same answer?

Can't remember doing so - I'm normally pretty tolerant of typos - can you post a link?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #126: Aug 09, 2013 01:00:25 pm
      Can't remember doing so - I'm normally pretty tolerant of typos - can you post a link?

You did and no I won't!

Can't be arsed.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #127: Aug 09, 2013 01:04:22 pm

Yes - Thankyou +1- once again, this thread is not about me.

If you think I'm arrogant etc I don't really care - and by definition you wouldn't expect me to - so lets try to keep things on topic.

Now Nene stated in another thread that BR was a "fat waster" and that he wanted him out of the club.

That's fair enough - he is entitled to his view. But if BR achieves success with the team it would be hypocritical of Nene to say that was achieved with the help of his "support".

I think it would be difficult to argue otherwise.

Once again - for the hard-of-reading (Yank, I'm primarily looking at you here) - this level of criticism is entirely different to the legitimate concerns that any supporter of the manager has and is entitled to. It's the kind of "support" a section of the Chelsea fans have Rafa and (for those fans) it would be hypocritical to share his success.
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2013 01:12:17 pm by Carlos Qiqabal »
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #128: Aug 09, 2013 01:07:14 pm
      You did and no I won't!

Can't be arsed.

Would be simple just to post a link to what you alleged - wouldn't take you five minutes.

But you can't/won't. I genuinely can't remember but I doubt your story. The fact you can't produce the goods makes it  sound like you were lying. I hope that's not the case.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #129: Aug 09, 2013 01:14:08 pm

Whether I'm "arrogant" or not isn't really the issue here - I see that Nene is now getting castigated on the other thread for posting an anti-BR comment when a few days ago the majority opinion on here would have let it slide.

Sniping and unwarranted criticism of the manager is not and never has been acceptable on the forum.
      Your inference that the majority ''would have let it slide'' suggests that a good many would willingly get fu**ed over with this cunningly disguised play on words, nothing could be further from the truth.
      This Nene character and your good self are on the wum list and you can slide that where the sun don't shine.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #130: Aug 09, 2013 01:30:48 pm
      Sniping and unwarranted criticism of the manager is not and never has been acceptable on the forum.
      Your inference that the majority ''would have let it slide'' suggests that a good many would willingly get fu**ed over with this cunningly disguised play on words, nothing could be further from the truth.
      This Nene character and your good self are on the wum list and you can slide that where the sun don't shine.

Well that's clearly not the case as there have been plenty of instances of both manager and owners being abused as "bullshitters" and "liars" without much of a reaction. How do you explain that?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #131: Aug 09, 2013 01:35:07 pm
      Well that's clearly not the case as there have been plenty of instances of both manager and owners being abused as "bullshitters" and "liars" without much of a reaction. How do you explain that?

You refer to Woy of course. In the case of the owners a degree of frustration and reaction to perceived apathy ''explains that.''
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #132: Aug 09, 2013 01:37:19 pm

When KK and Rafa did it, it was called "gamesmanship" and "getting one over" on another club or manager, or even the press.
      When BR does it, it called "lying" and "bullshitting".

With the odd exception, it's just another bandwagon for people to jump on, probably to gain some kind of forum "popularity".

During the transfer window, some people seem to lose the power of rational thought, others never had it.

It's really pretty boring.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #133: Aug 09, 2013 01:40:17 pm
      No - I'm referring to posters on this forum calling Brendan Rodgers a liar and a bullshitter and most people letting those comments slide without comment.

Those same people then want to claim some part in the manager's success for their "support" - that's what this thread is about. Of course if he fails to achieve any success they then point up their posts and said "told you al along".
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #134: Aug 09, 2013 01:42:10 pm

Bang ****ing on Swab.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #135: Aug 09, 2013 01:43:10 pm
      You can support the team without having undying support for certain individuals within that club.  Only a fool would think otherwise and to say you can't share in any success, of the team you love and support, that comes along, just because you don't agree with some ongoings at the club is myopic at best and plain idiocy at worst. 
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #136: Aug 09, 2013 01:45:41 pm

I think the problem is your poor comprehension of the English language.Like I said above,  " if the day comes about I need your opinion about what I'm posting about or how I'll be sure to let you know."

Really? You question my comprehension of the English language, then you post a complete incoherent, sentence that used the word " About" 3 times and it makes no sense. 

Bravo Professor. :lmao:
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #137: Aug 09, 2013 01:48:09 pm
      You can support the team without having undying support for certain individuals within that club.  Only a fool would think otherwise and to say you can't share in any success, of the team you love and support, that comes along, just because you don't agree with some ongoings at the club is myopic at best and plain idiocy at worst.

Yeh I agree - good job that's not what the thread's about. Commenting without reading the thread would be myopic at best and idiocy at worst, no?

Quick Reply