Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Fernando Torres (Chelsea)

Read 22683 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
      Jul 30, 2013 11:42:36 pm

You can't make this stuff up.....or can you??

Liverpool close on Torres as Suarez nears exit
      July 31, 2013 12:10 AM
      By James Jabra
      The Daily Star

Liverpool have stepped up their attempts to bring former Kop idol Fernando Torres back to Merseyside, after meeting with the player’s agent in London, according to numerous British tabloids. Torres, who departed the Reds for Stamford Bridge for a British record of 50 million pounds ($76 million), has endured a disappointing time in the capital and netted only 35 times in 131 appearances for the Blues.

Liverpool have privately accepted that unsettled striker Luis Suarez may have played his final game for the club, and American owners Fenway Sports Group have now instructed managing director Ian Ayre to garner the highest possible transfer fee for their prized asset.

Premier League rivals Arsenal have already had two bids rejected for the Uruguayan – their latest being 40 million pounds – but it is understood that a third offer in excess of 50 million pounds will be enough to prize Suarez away from the 19-time league champions.

As soon as a deal for Suarez is finalized, Liverpool will make their move for Torres following successful talks with his agent Antonio Sanz in the capital Saturday, where personal terms were agreed over a 150,000-pounds-per-week, five-year deal.

The Spanish striker was recently informed by new Blues manager Jose Mourinho that he would only be utilized as a fringe player for the upcoming season, with the Portuguese actively pursuing the services of United forward Wayne Rooney to partner Romalu Lukaku in attack.

The two clubs have reportedly already agreed on a fee of 20 million pounds for the player in question, who moved to Stamford Bridge in January 2011.

It was thought that Torres would reject the advances of Liverpool in order to fight for his place in the Chelsea lineup, but after careful deliberation the 29-year-old has been swayed regarding a move back to the northeast.

After talks with close friends, family members and advisers, Torres has come to the conclusion that it would be in his best interests to rejoin Liverpool, especially during a season which ends with the World Cup finals in Brazil.

Meanwhile, Mourinho has refused to rule out a move to bring back Chelsea legend Didier Drogba to the club, who is currently on the books at Turkish side Galatasaray. Drogba spent eight highly successful seasons at Stamford Bridge, winning three Premier League titles and the Champions League in his final year with Chelsea.

Mourinho has been on the lookout for a world class striker, with Rooney his top target. But should he fail to land the 27-year-old Englishman, he will reportedly turn his attentions to Drogba, whom he signed from Marseille for 24 million pounds back in 2004.

“He is a player and he is a winner and he enjoys his game and I almost had a heart attack because of him,” Mourinho told the Telegraph.

“Let him enjoy a good couple of years of football, but after that, he is loved in this club by everyone and that’s very, very normal. I think one day he will have a Chelsea future.”

Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/Football/2013/Jul-31/225691-liverpool-close-on-torres-as-suarez-nears-exit.ashx#ixzz2aZUDbpc1
      (The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb)

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
      Reply #1: Jul 30, 2013 11:55:29 pm
      A load of sh*t the tw*t doesn't even know how many times we won the league .
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #2: Jul 31, 2013 12:03:28 am
      A load of sh*t the tw*t doesn't even know how many times we won the league .
      Noticed that myself.

What a load of sh*te - did I read we're offering him £150k p/w? What planet are they living on, pretty sure that's more than he was on when he was here previously!!
      redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #3: Jul 31, 2013 12:03:46 am
      The fact it's in the Daily Star says it all they spout more sh*t than a certain other newspaper I won't name.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Jul 31, 2013 12:13:04 am
       Oh dear :lmao: :lmao:
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #5: Jul 31, 2013 12:14:09 am
      FSG giving Torres a 5 year 150/k a week contract?

I stopped reading right there.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #6: Jul 31, 2013 12:14:57 am
      FSG giving Torres a 5 year 150/k a week contract?

I stopped reading right there.

They are buying him so they can loan him back to Chelsea ;D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #7: Jul 31, 2013 12:18:28 am
      Now all that being said if he was really contrite in his feelings and truly realized he made a mistake and apologized to all I would take him for 8m and 75k/week.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #8: Jul 31, 2013 12:20:15 am
      It was thought that Torres would reject the advances of Liverpool in order to fight for his place in the Chelsea lineup, but after careful deliberation the 29-year-old has been swayed regarding a move back to the northeast.

They don't even know what part of the country we're in, bullshit story to sell papers and nothing more.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Jul 31, 2013 12:23:38 am
      Daily star is only good for one thing.

Boobies !!!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10: Jul 31, 2013 12:31:22 am

By James Jabra
      The Daily Star

Liverpool have stepped up their attempts to bring former Kop idol Fernando Torres back to Merseyside, after meeting with the player’s agent in London, according to numerous British tabloids. Torres, who departed the Reds for Stamford Bridge for a British record of 50 million pounds ($76 million), has endured a disappointing time in the capital and netted only 35 times in 131 appearances for the Blues.

Liverpool have privately accepted that unsettled striker Luis Suarez may have played his final game for the club, and American owners Fenway Sports Group have now instructed managing director Ian Ayre to garner the highest possible transfer fee for their prized asset.

Premier League rivals Arsenal have already had two bids rejected for the Uruguayan – their latest being 40 million pounds – but it is understood that a third offer in excess of 50 million pounds will be enough to prize Suarez away from the 19-time league champions.

As soon as a deal for Suarez is finalized, Liverpool will make their move for Torres following successful talks with his agent Antonio Sanz in the capital Saturday, where personal terms were agreed over a 150,000-pounds-per-week, five-year deal.

The Spanish striker was recently informed by new Blues manager Jose Mourinho that he would only be utilized as a fringe player for the upcoming season, with the Portuguese actively pursuing the services of United forward Wayne Rooney to partner Romalu Lukaku in attack.

The two clubs have reportedly already agreed on a fee of 20 million pounds for the player in question, who moved to Stamford Bridge in January 2011.

After talks with close friends, family members and advisers, Torres has come to the conclusion that it would be in his best interests to rejoin Liverpool, especially during a season which ends with the World Cup finals in Brazil.

Meanwhile, Mourinho has refused to rule out a move to bring back Chelsea legend Didier Drogba to the club, who is currently on the books at Turkish side Galatasaray. Drogba spent eight highly successful seasons at Stamford Bridge, winning three Premier League titles and the Champions League in his final year with Chelsea.

Mourinho has been on the lookout for a world class striker, with Rooney his top target. But should he fail to land the 27-year-old Englishman, he will reportedly turn his attentions to Drogba, whom he signed from Marseille for 24 million pounds back in 2004.

“He is a player and he is a winner and he enjoys his game and I almost had a heart attack because of him,” Mourinho told the Telegraph.

“Let him enjoy a good couple of years of football, but after that, he is loved in this club by everyone and that’s very, very normal. I think one day he will have a Chelsea future.”

Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/Football/2013/Jul-31/225691-liverpool-close-on-torres-as-suarez-nears-exit.ashx#ixzz2aZUDbpc1

Satire?
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #11: Jul 31, 2013 12:40:46 am

By James Jabra
      The Daily Star

When did we make it 19? Don't tell me i missed a massive piss up!  :'(
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #12: Jul 31, 2013 12:47:25 am
      It's not even the daily star. It's the daily star lebanon.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #13: Jul 31, 2013 12:48:25 am
      ' a third offer in excess of 50 million pounds will be enough to prize Suarez away from the 19-time league champions.'

Have I had my memory erased?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #14: Jul 31, 2013 01:07:23 am
      Being totally honest, I have never loved Suarez the way I loved Torres. Maybe it's because when Fernando was here we had happier times etc etc. For £15 - 20million I would have him back. Hopefully with Suarez, but more realistically as a replacement. Sadly I think the Torres bounce is a thing of the past and we just have to move on.

The story was obviously written by Mystic Meg and she mistakenly counted this seasons title win in a little too early.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #15: Jul 31, 2013 01:10:18 am
      Being totally honest, I have never loved Suarez the way I loved Torres. Maybe it's because when Fernando was here we had happier times etc etc. For £15 - 20million I would have him back. Hopefully with Suarez, but more realistically as a replacement. Sadly I think the Torres bounce is a thing of the past and we just have to move on.

The story was obviously written by Mystic Meg and she mistakenly counted this seasons title win in a little too early.

Aye that and the fact we're moving to the North East...

FSG: "Guys to cut costs on the travels to the North of the country we're moving to Newcastle"

FSG: "Don't worry we've consider the travel costs of the trips down south so we're automatically forfeiting those games to save the lads the trouble, either that or we'll loan enough of the first team down South that we'll just recall 'em all and play with those."
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16: Jul 31, 2013 01:34:12 am

Think Torres is finished myself and is beyond hope of ever returning to his best. I never loved Torres for reasons I can't totally explain. In some strange way I kind of wish he had been a massive success for Chelsea then I could be convinced of his greatness. I guess a lot of it has to do with his final period in a Liverpool shirt occurring during the most miserable and unhappy period most of us have had as Liverpool fans - Rafa's last season, Rafa's sacking and then the Roy era. In all the time Suarez has been at Liverpool I have never reached such depths in misery in spite of the still underwhelming nature of the two full seasons we've experienced.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #17: Jul 31, 2013 07:18:40 am
      He is one lucky guy to still be in a job after producing garbage like that and I ma talking about the journo here.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #18: Jul 31, 2013 09:53:46 am
      The way Torres is playing tells me he doesn't love football anymore, or as much as before. My own opinion.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #19: Jul 31, 2013 10:02:10 am
      £150K for five years

:lmao:
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #20: Jul 31, 2013 10:10:01 am
      How does a tit like this get a job as a reporter, he might be better suited as a fiction Author
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #21: Jul 31, 2013 10:13:07 am
      How does a tit like this get a job as a reporter, he might be better suited as a fiction Author

Agree mate.

The other problem is the tits who lap it up.

Guarantee someone will go into thier work today with some arsehole banging on about us signing Torres.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #22: Jul 31, 2013 10:18:23 am
      Guarantee someone will go into thier work today with some arsehole banging on about us signing Torres

I am just waiting for Owen to dust his boots off a sign a 5 year deal

Quick Reply