Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

How Can He Said That!

Read 817 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      How Can He Said That!
      Oct 11, 2007 02:05:02 pm
      I'm totally, terribly, frustratingly and thoroughly upset with Rafa's statement in the "Daily Post" dated 10 oct 07 with the heading "Rafa admits side have lost confidence". This is a very very bad and negative statement for our club with such a proud history. Does he understands what he is saying and the damages that he had brought to the club? His statement is totally uncalled for and it makes the club looks as if it is in a total wreck. You never tell the whole world your players are suffering from "lost confidence" (even if it is so), it sends shock waves to the supporters world wide and oppoisiton managers would be clapping their hands and perhaps opening a bottle of champagne by now.

You can say the players are suffering from "poor form" but not "lost confidence". Hey, the club don't pay millions of pounds having players with low or no confidence, they are professional players and are expected to be able to take care of their own confidence, otherwise you're not fit to play for Liverpool. You got a problem with your confidence you better build that up and built that up fast because LFC don't pay players 30k to 60k pounds week in and week out with low confidence.

Never in my 33 years of followjng LFCl had i ever heard of a manager putting up such a negative statement. Simply shocking and disgusting. Have Rafa lost the plot??? I began to suspect so. He's got a bunch of world class players and they simply can't play world class football, something is very wrong with his tactics and my guess is he does not even know where it has gone wrong. I sense the beginning of the end of the Rafa era.

I'm still in a state of shock!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: How Can He Said That!
      Reply #1: Oct 11, 2007 04:14:18 pm
      If a paper printed it it must be true ???
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: How Can He Said That!
      Reply #2: Oct 11, 2007 04:17:36 pm
      Exactly Eddie.

The mentioned article is in The Dug Out:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,4521.0.html

Quick Reply