Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

World Cup 2030

Read 3770 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: World cup 2030
      Reply #23: Oct 08, 2023 01:49:07 pm
      sorry HR but for me he is playing with fire advocating this sh*t..... risking throwing away his hard earned and deserved icon status, not just as a footballing legend but as a man of virtue.

Virtue hahaha would suggest he's squeaky clean, when he's anything but.

Not sure I can forgive the Phil Collins request just yet. Was always on the DJs side with that one.

Wasn't just about Phil Collins, throw in the fact the DJ was a manc supporting mouthy gobs***e as well.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: World Cup 2030
      Reply #24: Oct 13, 2023 11:59:18 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Basically split between two bids

Then off to Saudi in 2034

There has to be other bids, even if it's Australia. A WC in Saudi means another winter WC. Apart from that part of the world, I don't see any other region voting for it.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #25: Oct 14, 2023 09:36:02 am
      There has to be other bids, even if it's Australia. A WC in Saudi means another winter WC. Apart from that part of the world, I don't see any other region voting for it.

I don't think Australia could do it on their own but bids from east Asia and that region appear to be the best alternative to Saudi. Australia with New Zealand and maybe some SE Asian countries could be a good option but the TV companies might be put of by the kick off times.
      China could be an alternative but that would also make a lot of people feel morally uncomfortable.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #26: Oct 14, 2023 09:42:40 am

How naive!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27: Oct 14, 2023 01:48:34 pm

Money talks
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #28: Oct 19, 2023 11:04:13 pm
      Quote from gazred
      I don't think Australia could do it on their own but bids from east Asia and that region appear to be the best alternative to Saudi. Australia with New Zealand and maybe some SE Asian countries could be a good option but the TV companies might be put of by the kick off times.
      China could be an alternative but that would also make a lot of people feel morally uncomfortable.

The heat in those countries might put voters off, as assuming there is more than 1 bid, then there are 200 voting associations. And I don't see any European one voting for another winter WC in Saudi, with all that entails.

Australia could do it on their own, but probably wouldn't be allowed to, if the most recent host announcements is any guide.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #29: Oct 20, 2023 12:43:08 pm
      The heat in those countries might put voters off, as assuming there is more than 1 bid, then there are 200 voting associations. And I don't see any European one voting for another winter WC in Saudi, with all that entails.

Australia could do it on their own, but probably wouldn't be allowed to, if the most recent host announcements is any guide.

Saudi World Cup in 2034 is pretty much nailed on. They're gonna bid for it and get it.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #30: Oct 31, 2023 06:43:47 pm
      Saudi World Cup in 2034 is pretty much nailed on. They're gonna bid for it and get it.
      Proof if any was needed....FIFA, one great big stinking open sewer. So much of the game just F**king reeks these days

Quick Reply