Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Championship, Div 1 & 2 Thread

Read 73438 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: The Championship, Div 1 & 2 Thread
      Reply #322: May 19, 2023 07:55:51 pm
      Absolutely love the playoffs,  not sure if I would want to be a fan of one of the teams though
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #323: May 27, 2023 05:06:10 pm
      Playoffs this weekend, Luton and Coventry are playing at the moment, not sure who I'd like to win, Luton would be a laugh as their ground is sh*te, love yo how the EPL boffins would sort that one out.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,482 posts | 3286 
      Reply #324: May 27, 2023 05:13:56 pm
      Playoffs this weekend, Luton and Coventry are playing at the moment, not sure who I'd like to win, Luton would be a laugh as their ground is sh*te, love yo how the EPL boffins would sort that one out.

Luton got royally screwed over by the FA years back so hopefully they can get back in

But going to cost them up to £25mil to sort stadium out and a lot of it is because of media space etc
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      Reply #325: May 27, 2023 05:16:37 pm
      0-1 to Luton.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      Reply #326: May 27, 2023 06:24:19 pm
      1-1... game on.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      Reply #327: May 27, 2023 07:55:13 pm
      Luton are in the Premier League, as they should be after finishing 3rd, winning 6-5 on penalties after finishing 1-1 after E.T.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1560 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #328: May 27, 2023 10:05:31 pm
      Luton are in the Premier League, as they should be after finishing 3rd, winning 6-5 on penalties after finishing 1-1 after E.T.

Some superb penalties taken in the game, exciting end to the match especially when it's not your team involved.
      Congratulations to Luton on their promotion.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #329: May 28, 2023 04:04:11 pm
      Carlisle/Stockport going the same way as yesterday's game by the looks of it. Currently one all with less than ten minutes to go in extra time.

County's keeper has just made a belting save to keep it all square.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #330: May 28, 2023 04:11:02 pm
      Pens it is!!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #331: May 28, 2023 04:23:49 pm
      Carlisle win 5-4 on pens and are promoted to League One.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #332: Jul 04, 2023 02:16:19 pm
      Duncan Ferguson expected to leave Forest Green.

Not really a surprise given just how bad his record was there.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #333: Jul 05, 2023 06:19:54 am
      Nobody likes Millwall but you don't like to hear of people dying either.

Millwall Owner Dies
      Millwall's owner and chairman John Berylson has died at the age of 70 following a "tragic accident" on Tuesday, the club have said.

The American businessman first became involved with the Championship club in 2006.

"He was a truly great man, incredibly devoted to his family," Millwall said in a statement.

Berylson is survived by wife Amy and his three children Jennifer, James, and Elizabeth.

The club added: "He was a person of such remarkable generosity, warmth, and kindness.

"He lived a storied life, one full of colour and joy, and was infinitely thoughtful of others with an endless desire to share his immense knowledge and experiences to help people."

Millwall have not released any further details around Berylson's death.

The club have said fans can pay their respects in a book of condolence which will be shared with his family.

Supporters can write in the book at the club's The Den stadium on Wednesday from 11:00 BST, or online.

"He has presided over some of the greatest moments in Millwall's history, and his influence in providing the platform for those was immeasurable," the club said.

"John continued to speak eagerly about the new season and his vision for the future, and any success moving forward will be in his memory and honour. It will be his legacy."

Millwall finished eighth in the Championship last season, just missing out on a play-off place on the final day.

Berylson became a significant shareholder of the club in 2007 after he led a consortium who invested in the then League One side.

He replaced Stewart Till as chairman in the same year and went on to oversee two promotions into the Championship.

The last promotion came in 2017 and the club have maintained their position in the second tier ever since.

'A chairman and friend'
      Tributes have poured in for the owner with former Millwall right-back Alan Dunne saying: "My deepest condolences to not only my chairman for many years but also friend.

"John was a gentleman who put Millwall back on the map. What he has done for the club will always be remembered and can only thank him for everything he done for me and MILLWALL."

Aberdeen's chief executive Alan Burrows said: "Such awful, awful news. The thoughts of everyone at Aberdeen FC are with John's family, friends and everyone at Millwall FC. RIP."

The English Football League wrote: "The EFL is shocked and saddened by the news and sends its deepest condolences to John's family and everyone connected with Millwall."

Multiple clubs have sent their condolences, including rivals West Ham, who wrote: "Everyone at West Ham United sends their deepest condolences to John's family, friends and all at Millwall FC during this tragic time."
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66105440
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #334: Jul 05, 2023 06:26:00 am
      Duncan Ferguson expected to leave Forest Green.

Not really a surprise given just how bad his record was there.

And he's been replaced by the first female head coach of a men's side.

Hannah Dingley new Forest Green boss

Forest Green Rovers have named Hannah Dingley as their new caretaker boss, making her the first woman to manage a professional men's team in English football.

The League Two side sacked Duncan Ferguson on Tuesday after just six months in charge.

Forest Green announced Dingley, the club's academy head, would be put in caretaker charge of the first team.

Her first match in charge will be a friendly at Melksham Town on Wednesday.

The 39-year-old said: "I'm really excited for this next step of my career. Pre-season has just begun, and the full season kicks off very soon.

"It's an exciting time in football. I am grateful for the opportunity to step up and lead such a progressive and forward-thinking club."

She first joined the club in 2019 to take charge of the academy and remains the only woman to manage a men's English Football League academy.

Dingley, who was born and raised in west Wales, also initiated the club's girls academy which launched in 2021.

She has a Uefa Pro Licence and previously worked at Burton Albion

"Hannah was the natural choice for us to be first team interim head coach - she's done a fantastic job leading our academy and is well aligned with the values of the club," club chairman Dale Vince said

"It's perhaps telling for the men's game that in making this appointment on merit, we'll break new ground - and Hannah will be the first female head coach in English [men's] football."

Dingley spoke to BBC Points West in March about breaking down barriers in the sport.

"You've got a responsibility as the first to open the doors for others and to encourage others," she said.

"You always say if you don't see it, you're probably not going to be it. The fact that I do this I hope it encourages more females to come into coaching, into football, into different roles. I feel a great responsibility to talk about that."

She said at the time that she did not think it would be long until a woman took charge of a men's professional team.

"It will come in sooner than you think," Dingley said. "The success that the Lionesses are having, that Emma Hayes is having at Chelsea.

"There are others, really good female coaches out there who I have more than faith in would be more than capable of coaching at a men's level."
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66105649
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #335: Aug 05, 2023 03:13:59 pm
      Not sure if it's ever happened before but today we've got a game on the opening weekend being postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, don't you just love the British weather?

Colchester v Swindon is the game that falls victim to the rain.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #336: Aug 05, 2023 03:26:40 pm
      And he's been replaced by the first female head coach of a men's side.

Hannah Dingley new Forest Green boss

Forest Green Rovers have named Hannah Dingley as their new caretaker boss, making her the first woman to manage a professional men's team in English football.

The League Two side sacked Duncan Ferguson on Tuesday after just six months in charge.

Forest Green announced Dingley, the club's academy head, would be put in caretaker charge of the first team.

Her first match in charge will be a friendly at Melksham Town on Wednesday.

The 39-year-old said: "I'm really excited for this next step of my career. Pre-season has just begun, and the full season kicks off very soon.

"It's an exciting time in football. I am grateful for the opportunity to step up and lead such a progressive and forward-thinking club."

She first joined the club in 2019 to take charge of the academy and remains the only woman to manage a men's English Football League academy.

Dingley, who was born and raised in west Wales, also initiated the club's girls academy which launched in 2021.

She has a Uefa Pro Licence and previously worked at Burton Albion

"Hannah was the natural choice for us to be first team interim head coach - she's done a fantastic job leading our academy and is well aligned with the values of the club," club chairman Dale Vince said

"It's perhaps telling for the men's game that in making this appointment on merit, we'll break new ground - and Hannah will be the first female head coach in English [men's] football."

Dingley spoke to BBC Points West in March about breaking down barriers in the sport.

"You've got a responsibility as the first to open the doors for others and to encourage others," she said.

"You always say if you don't see it, you're probably not going to be it. The fact that I do this I hope it encourages more females to come into coaching, into football, into different roles. I feel a great responsibility to talk about that."

She said at the time that she did not think it would be long until a woman took charge of a men's professional team.

"It will come in sooner than you think," Dingley said. "The success that the Lionesses are having, that Emma Hayes is having at Chelsea.

"There are others, really good female coaches out there who I have more than faith in would be more than capable of coaching at a men's level."
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66105649

Turned out to be a PR stunt, new manager is Dave Horseman from Southampton B team.

Hanbah is actually the Academy manager at Forest Green!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #337: Aug 05, 2023 03:42:00 pm
      Turned out to be a PR stunt, new manager is Dave Horseman from Southampton B team.

Hanbah is actually the Academy manager at Forest Green!

Aye I saw that mate and all I can see every time I hear his name is

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #338: Nov 04, 2023 05:01:36 pm
      Rooney at Birmingham - loses his opening three games, goes two up in his fourth game and still ends up with a draw.

It's a record good enough for him to get the United job.

Quick Reply