Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Championship, Div 1 & 2 Thread

Read 73370 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: The Championship, Div 1 & 2 Thread
      Reply #299: May 17, 2022 10:41:38 pm
      my theory of goalkeepers not moving and saving two penalties bourn out. Lovely to see the celebrations didnt realise it is 23 years out of the top league. I also love the pitch invasion just human beings showing true emotions and joy.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #300: May 17, 2022 11:28:08 pm
      Hoping to see Nottingham Forest promoted. Reminds me of when I first started watching and reading  about English Football. Teams like Forest, Leeds and Newcastle were massive clubs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #301: May 18, 2022 07:30:50 pm
      Seen the last bit of extra time then the pens, absolutely love them, must be something from Rome 84 sticking in my mind as a kid. That Samba in goal for Forest played a blinder during them.

my theory of goalkeepers not moving and saving two penalties bourn out. Lovely to see the celebrations didnt realise it is 23 years out of the top league. I also love the pitch invasion just human beings showing true emotions and joy.

Still horrible scab tw*ts as illustrated by that tw*t who attacked Billy Sharp. Glad to hear the c**t has been arrested today.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #302: May 18, 2022 09:49:37 pm
      Would love to see Huddersfield back in the league. Obviously we've got our links with Shankly but they're just an all round lovely club with a vintage history and proud place in English football. Corberan has done a stellar job there.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #303: May 29, 2022 06:48:57 pm
      Forest promoted to the PL.

They left a good impression when we faced them in the cup, so I'm curious to see how they'll fare next season. It could also be a good opportunity for us to loan them a couple youngsters.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #304: May 30, 2022 09:04:49 am
      Steve Cooper has performed a minor miracle with Forest since joining them. 1 place above relegation to League 1 when he took over from Chris Hughton and takes them up the league into the playoffs and back to the prem.

Congratulations to him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #305: Jun 24, 2022 08:36:44 pm
      Wayne Rooney has told troubled Derby County that he wishes to be "relieved of his duties as first-team manager" with immediate effect.

The 36-year-old's contract with the club had another year to run.

The Rams have been in administration since September last year and were relegated to League One last season.

"I feel the club now needs to be led by someone with fresh energy and not affected by events that have happened over the last 18 months," he said.

The former Everton, Manchester United and England forward said he had been "closely following developments" regarding the ownership of the club and informed joint administrators Quantuma of his decision at a meeting on Friday when they tried "tremendously hard" to change his mind.

"My time at the club has been a rollercoaster of emotions, both highs and lows, but I have to say that I have enjoyed the challenge," Rooney added.

"I will remember my time at Derby with great pride and affection and would like to thank all my staff, players and of course the fans for their incredible support. I will never forget you and hope to see you all again in the near future and in happier times.

"Finally, I am aware that the club still have interested parties who wish to take over the running of the club. To them I say this, Derby County is a great club with a great history and great fans. I wish you all the best and much success for the future."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61932150
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #306: Jul 06, 2022 09:14:34 pm
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #307: Aug 08, 2022 08:20:13 pm
      Sarr has just scored a belter from inside his own half against West Brom. Lovely drilled effort over the keeper's head.

Much against the run of play as well but Watford lead 1-0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJOa5NIT8mM&ab_channel=WESTBROMFANTV
      « Last Edit: Aug 08, 2022 08:25:39 pm by dunlop liddell shankly »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #308: Aug 08, 2022 09:35:56 pm
      Great goal quite like Sarr
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #309: Aug 08, 2022 09:36:31 pm

Now misses a peno
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #310: Aug 09, 2022 12:37:29 pm
      Sarr has just scored a belter from inside his own half against West Brom. Lovely drilled effort over the keeper's head.

Much against the run of play as well but Watford lead 1-0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJOa5NIT8mM&ab_channel=WESTBROMFANTV

The sky pr**k presenter banging on comparing it to Beckham and Rooney "the only two I can think of"

c**t needs to remember Alonso scored twice with long range efforts. Not one offs like the man bellends.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #311: Aug 09, 2022 09:35:24 pm
      The sky pr**k presenter banging on comparing it to Beckham and Rooney "the only two I can think of"

c**t needs to remember Alonso scored twice with long range efforts. Not one offs like the man bellends.

The commentator definitely mentioned Xabi's strike against Newcastle, with the sly little dig of "I remember Alonso scoring one for Liverpool against Newcastle from just inside the Magpies half". Didn't mention the Luton at all.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #312: Aug 12, 2022 08:34:52 pm
      Might be early in the season, and indeed this game, but how the F**k Watford are one of the favourites to come up is beyond me. They were F***ing sh*te against West Brom and somehow scraped a draw thanks to Sarr's wonder goal. And tonight against Burnley they look really poor again.

Burnley don't look much better to be honest but they have there's a distinct difference from Dyche's side last year to what Kompany has them doing here.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #313: Aug 12, 2022 09:30:09 pm
      Lower league football can be quite interesting at times !

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #314: Aug 13, 2022 03:52:37 pm
      Paul Ince may not make it to full time in charge of Reading the way today's game is going. Taking a hammering 4-0 to Rotherham on the back of going out of the League Cup in midweek as well.

Maybe even more of a surprise though is that as it stands after just two and a half games, Norwich sit rock bottom of the Championship.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #315: Nov 15, 2022 10:37:10 pm
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #316: Nov 15, 2022 11:13:44 pm

Brilliant.

Remember Robbie Keane doing something similar for Spurs a few years back.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #317: May 07, 2023 11:07:28 am
      Few things left to decide in League One today.

Plymouth and Ipswich are both automatically promoted but who goes up as champions is still to be decided. Pilgrims are currently a point clear ahead of their trip to Port Vale, while Ipswich travel to Fleetwood.

Play-offs are sewn up apart from the final spot. Wednesday, Barnsley and Bolton are guaranteed a spot with either Derby or Peterborough getting the final place. The order is all-but confirmed as well. Wednesday will finish third, Barnsley will be fourth and Bolton should finish fifth, though Derby could get there. Both teams trying to get the final spot are away to teams who've already secured play-off places. Derby go to Hillsborough to face Sheff Wed, while Peterborough go to Oakwell to face Barnsley.

And at the other end of the table, although mathematically possible, it looks like an impossible chance of Accrington staying up and Oxford going down but they actually play each other today. Stanley need to win by a cricket score and hope Morecambe,  Cambridge and MK Dons all lose. While Oxford are three points clear of the drop and would need to lose by a cricket score with either Morecambe or MK Dons win.

Forest Green are already down and it looks like Accrington Stanley are back in League Two next season. So it really is between Morecambe, Cambridge and MK Dons. Cambridge are currently on 43 points while the other two are both on 44 with Dons just outside the drop zone on goal difference.

Dons travel to Burton, while Cambridge are at home to already relegated Forest Green and Morecambe, who've won their last three matches to give them a sniff of safety are away to Exeter, who are in the worst form of any team in the League.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #318: May 07, 2023 02:01:16 pm
      Plymouth win the title, Ipswich finish second. Peterborough claim the last play-off place. Cambridge survive the drop as MK Dons, Morecambe & Accrington join Forest Green in League Two next season.

Play-off matches are

Peterborough v Sheff Wed
      Bolton v Barnsley
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #319: May 18, 2023 10:00:49 pm
      Sheffield Wednesday come from 4-0 down to force extra time!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #320: May 18, 2023 11:09:13 pm
      Mental
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #321: May 19, 2023 05:34:34 pm
      Was such a good game for Wednesday and shows how enjoyable football can be when you don't really care one way or the other about the result.

Barnsley v Bolton tonight, with their game finely poised at one all. Again not really arsed who progresses, though a good Yorkshire derby at Wembley would be a good watch. I'd also like our Conor Bradley to get promoted with Bolton, especially after they were on the verge of going bust not so long ago.

Quick Reply