Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Diego Costa (Atletico Madrid)

Read 65346 times
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Re: Diego Costa (Atletico Madrid)
      Reply #368: Sep 05, 2013 11:54:46 am
      ;D thank God he wasn't worth the fee.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #369: Sep 05, 2013 03:02:37 pm
      I don't know why people torture themselves over "what might be"? We have our squad, the time is now, have a good Xmas and then start over with the rumours, give the brain a rest.  :D

This^^^^^

We might have---we should have---we are going to bid again in Jan.---- whatever !!
       the window is closed
       we made our signings, Luis is still here
       give it a rest, he is still playing in spain

YNWA
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #370: Sep 10, 2013 10:57:49 pm

So it would appear that after all is said and done a serious offer was made, and in the end the player wanted to stay.

No fck-up by the transfer team.....no penny pinching....just a player wanting to stay at his home club

Transfer news: Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa tempted by Liverpool switch

Brazilian striker Diego Costa admits he came close to signing for Liverpool but his connections to Atletico Madrid proved too strong.

The 24-year-old was reported to be the subject of a late £22million bid by Brendan Rodgers in the closing stages of this summer's transfer window.

Costa, who started his career with Portuguese side Braga, conceded a move to Anfield was on the cards but ultimately chose to reward the loyalty Atletico have displayed to him.

"I was close to leaving, Liverpool are a great team," he told Mundo Deportivo. "But after fighting so hard and overcoming difficulties to get my place at Atletico, how could I leave?"

Liverpool have since been linked with a January bid for the forward, but Costa remains adamant that he will be staying at the Estadio Vincente Calderon, where he is relishing the UEFA Champions League challenge ahead.

"I thought it was very important to keep growing at the Colchoneros, and play here for many years," he added.

"Porto are a team with a lot of traditions in this competition, Zenit are a great team too. It's a difficult group, but we knew we wouldn't have an easy group in the Champions League, considering what could have happened, the group is good.

Despite Costa's two Brazil caps to date, there have been recent suggestions the forward could represent Spain in future internationals, speculation he is not denying.

"In my life, I usually follow this idea; I want to be in a place where people want me to be," Costa admitted. "I play where people want me, I'd have to see, I don't close any doors."

Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #371: Sep 11, 2013 11:02:47 pm
      So it would appear that after all is said and done a serious offer was made, and in the end the player wanted to stay.

No fck-up by the transfer team.....no penny pinching....just a player wanting to stay at his home club

Transfer news: Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa tempted by Liverpool switch

Brazilian striker Diego Costa admits he came close to signing for Liverpool but his connections to Atletico Madrid proved too strong.

The 24-year-old was reported to be the subject of a late £22million bid by Brendan Rodgers in the closing stages of this summer's transfer window.

Costa, who started his career with Portuguese side Braga, conceded a move to Anfield was on the cards but ultimately chose to reward the loyalty Atletico have displayed to him.

"I was close to leaving, Liverpool are a great team," he told Mundo Deportivo. "But after fighting so hard and overcoming difficulties to get my place at Atletico, how could I leave?"

Liverpool have since been linked with a January bid for the forward, but Costa remains adamant that he will be staying at the Estadio Vincente Calderon, where he is relishing the UEFA Champions League challenge ahead.

"I thought it was very important to keep growing at the Colchoneros, and play here for many years," he added.

"Porto are a team with a lot of traditions in this competition, Zenit are a great team too. It's a difficult group, but we knew we wouldn't have an easy group in the Champions League, considering what could have happened, the group is good.

Despite Costa's two Brazil caps to date, there have been recent suggestions the forward could represent Spain in future internationals, speculation he is not denying.

"In my life, I usually follow this idea; I want to be in a place where people want me to be," Costa admitted. "I play where people want me, I'd have to see, I don't close any doors."

no, no, no, it was all a big ploy by FSG group to pretend they wanted to spend money,  There are busy asset stripping LFC, didn't you know...

:D

Quick Reply