Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Guilherme Madalena Siqueira (Granada CF)

Read 20096 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Re: Guilherme Madalena Siqueira (Granada CF)
      Reply #46: Aug 12, 2013 02:34:38 pm
      So the £6m from Downing who's at an advanced stage with West Ham will negate the £6m for Siquiera who's at an advanced stage with us and save further money on the wage bill and keep our net spend at around £0.

Yep.

One in, one out.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #47: Aug 12, 2013 02:39:10 pm

Yeah with the out coming first though mate it seems. No problem with us selling Downing and bringing in this guy, it's an all around massive improvement but there shouldn't be the need to sell first, it's depressing.

Like we discussed mate, bring in this lad, 1 more CB, a 'top left pacey goalscorer' and a reserve keeper and most would be extremely happy with this window, but time is fast running out.

If we just brought in someone 'top left' as appears the case then I'd still be happy with the improvement in the squad but I would still be bitterly disappointed with the lack of ambition shown by FSG, that is of course unless this 'top left' guy cost £30m+ which he wont.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #48: Aug 12, 2013 02:40:15 pm
      It would be weird to have a Brazilian in the team that I know very little about! But if he's half as good as our Guilherme Siqueira/Granada expert Luke :f_tongueincheek: says he is, then I sure hope he comes.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #49: Aug 12, 2013 02:41:51 pm
      It would be weird to have a Brazilian in the team that I know very little about! But if he's half as good as our Guilherme Siqueira/Granada expert Luke :f_tongueincheek: says he is, then I sure hope he comes.

Hopefully he's like Aurelio except not made of glass ;)
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #50: Aug 12, 2013 02:49:13 pm
      I havent seen him play but after readng some of the comments here, and an actual quote from BR where he says that Cou will play in the middel as a 10. Then im guessing we are buying him to play as a RW. who will cut in just as downing but also can play as LB.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #51: Aug 12, 2013 02:58:12 pm
      I havent seen him play but after readng some of the comments here, and an actual quote from BR where he says that Cou will play in the middel as a 10. Then im guessing we are buying him to play as a RW. who will cut in just as downing but also can play as LB.

RW? He's a left back that's his position. I sincerely hope we're not signing him to play RW given he's 27 and never player there before!
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #52: Aug 12, 2013 03:24:48 pm
      So the £6m from Downing who's at an advanced stage with West Ham will negate the £6m for Siquiera who's at an advanced stage with us and save further money on the wage bill and keep our net spend at around £0.
      It's pretty common knowledge that we were ready to spend 20M+ on either Mkhitaryan or Costa. Rodgers said "The players that we've brought in have added great depth and support to the team, but I think for us now, that little bit of quality could really set us up for an exciting season. Everyone at the club, the recruitment team, the board and ourselves, we are all working hard to make that happen, and hopefully we can. There's money there available to get in the right types of players, but we don't want to panic and just bring in anyone. It has to be someone who can come in and improve the team." I trust the manager, he's doing a good job.

We're bringing in a top 5 left back of La Liga and losing a merely adequate RW. I don't see the problem.  ??? We just improved our club today, assuming these two deals finalize.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #53: Aug 12, 2013 03:31:28 pm
      We're bringing in a top 5 left back of La Liga and losing a merely adequate RW. I don't see the problem.  ??? We just improved our club today, assuming these two deals finalize.

The problem is quite simple, on the back of £90m in TV deals and Sponsorship deals,  is that good enough to mount and sustain a serious top 4 challenge that John Henry himself has stated is the goal ?

We all know the answer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #54: Aug 12, 2013 03:32:48 pm
      It's pretty common knowledge that we were ready to spend 20M+ on either Mkhitaryan or Costa. Rodgers said "The players that we've brought in have added great depth and support to the team, but I think for us now, that little bit of quality could really set us up for an exciting season. Everyone at the club, the recruitment team, the board and ourselves, we are all working hard to make that happen, and hopefully we can. There's money there available to get in the right types of players, but we don't want to panic and just bring in anyone. It has to be someone who can come in and improve the team." I trust the manager, he's doing a good job.

Not exactly unless Siqueira is going to be an instant first team pick ahead of Enrique.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #55: Aug 12, 2013 03:52:59 pm
      RW? He's a left back that's his position. I sincerely hope we're not signing him to play RW given he's 27 and never player there before!

i am aware of that he is a LB and a very attack minded one. What i do know is that BR likes his wide players to cut in and now since downing is gone. maybe he sees this lad as a replacement for downing and a cover for Enrique in one.
      Like i said im guessing only, dont have anything to back it up. just a gutfeeling.
      ozziboi7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #56: Aug 12, 2013 03:53:03 pm
      Reminds me a bit of Fabio Aurelio!
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #57: Aug 12, 2013 03:53:59 pm

Perhaps becuase they're different positions you egit. This isn't fantasy football where we can play any formation we want.

The LB is being rought in to rectify a massive gaping hole in our squad, as it was last season, when we had a RB playing LB.

Downing going means we also need to find a RW who's capable of starting and adding some class to the first XI. Unfortunately  I dont think the owners will be forthcoming with the reddies required to attract such a player!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #58: Aug 12, 2013 06:20:13 pm
      injured then:-)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #59: Aug 12, 2013 06:55:29 pm

Christ, get the cotton wool out.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #60: Aug 12, 2013 06:57:25 pm

Good thing we got this guy then:

kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #61: Aug 12, 2013 07:00:53 pm
      Whenever Fabio Aurelio's name is uttered, he pulls his hamstring. Be nice, everyone.
      ozziboi7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #62: Aug 12, 2013 07:19:29 pm
       Haha, I meant style of play  :D wondering if I've cursed this lad before he has even kicked a ball for us now!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #63: Aug 12, 2013 07:21:34 pm
      Never heard of him or the club he plays for, but why not? With all the sales, we need some players otherwise Colin Pascoe will become player coach.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #64: Aug 12, 2013 07:27:16 pm
      RobinLFC @Robish13 31m
      Ian Ayre is flying out to Spain to finalise the
      Siqueira deal? We might end up with Shakira...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #65: Aug 12, 2013 07:52:43 pm
      RobinLFC @Robish13 31m

Ending up with Shakira is a bad thing? Wouldn't mind seeing her every week ;)
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #66: Aug 12, 2013 08:05:16 pm
      RobinLFC @Robish13 31m

Who the eff is that? haha!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #67: Aug 12, 2013 08:34:19 pm

It's the guy Ian Ayre pays to watch his Harley when he's off on important transfer business.

Of course..
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #68: Aug 12, 2013 09:21:59 pm

RobinLFC @Robish13 31m
      certainly wouldn't mind getting my "end up"Shakira. >:D

Quick Reply