Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Who Would You Want Us To Buy In Jan Window?

Read 50372 times
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Who Would You Want Us To Buy In Jan Window?
      Oct 11, 2007 03:27:12 am
      id like Michael Owen  as Stevie and Carra wanted him back, i think hed fit the rotation policy and would be a good swap for crouch. Or id like us to bring in Mark Bresciano from Palermo, EXCELLENT midfeilder really strong and does wonders on both the right and left wings!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Who Would You Want Us To Buy In Jan Window?
      Reply #1: Oct 11, 2007 04:03:25 am
      Bresciano? Lord no! I dont want our football comentators here talking up Aussie football! It would be non stop Bresciano talk if that happened. Plus i dont think he is upto the quality we want. Maybe for 4 million as a squad player but not as a starting winger.
      I would love to have a CB LM LB ST and CM but that wont happen, too much players to try and settle.

So any of: Quaresma, Owen, Mexes, Piccola (CB), Lahm, Robben ;D or Ibrahimovic.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #2: Oct 11, 2007 04:17:14 am
      well thats a matter of opinion, id rather have english players but there isnt any thing wrong with the aussie. the only other player up front id rather have other than what we have now is messi but that aint gona happen in a million years. as far as down the back i cant make up my mind. i do want to sign some more quality in Jan but i think its important that the squad we have now gets familier with each other. they can only get better aye?!
      torreson
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | -6 
      Reply #3: Oct 11, 2007 06:28:11 am
      Jeremy Menez, Steve Taylor, Mancini(Roma), Vincent Kompany and Ricardo Quaresma...i like to see them with liverpool jersey!! EPL champion is not a dream.
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #4: Oct 11, 2007 07:21:37 am
      Bresciano... and why not
      he is certainly value for money and a loyal team man...
      unlike some of these "prima donnas" that prance around like prize ponies
      with their entourage of Ego fluffers and hair stylists...!!

sounds like you have a bit of a grudge against Aussies....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d5dVlSCln0
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #5: Oct 11, 2007 09:06:39 am
      Bresciano... and why not
      he is certainly value for money and a loyal team man...
      unlike some of these "prima donnas" that prance around like prize ponies
      with their entourage of Ego fluffers and hair stylists...!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d5dVlSCln0

your dead right anfeild warrior! bresciano has an excellent curve in his kicks, fabulous player. even if he was italian id want him at anfeild ( i dont like the italians) . he was was one of eriksons first picks for man city and he actually started training with them untill palermo pulled him out back to italy because they wanted the 9mil up front. LFC could definatley afford him. hes like mascherano in the way that hes a no pussy footing around kind of player, he does his work and gets stuck into the defence in a number of roles equally as good. and besides crouchinho, who gives a sh*t what the comentaters think about players any way?! i sure as hell dont
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #6: Oct 11, 2007 09:39:56 am
      Chimbonda, I think he shows great awareness and is a tough cookie for any striker he certainly showed us why Spurs deserved that win last weekend.  Never afraid to pounce on any ball, good in aerial combat and probably want to jump ship now Spurs are going down like the Titanic, I wonder if they bank with Northern Rock? they are both losing assets at a shocking rate.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #7: Oct 11, 2007 09:48:57 am
      not but ricardo quaresma.....we're in desperate need of a quality winger...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #8: Oct 11, 2007 09:58:55 am
      we need a player who will do the unexpected or who isn't afraid to take on 3 defenders at a time however I'm not sure if Quaresmara is that man simply because i think he'd over do the fancy stuff and not put the graft in which I think would anger a lot of supporters. Is there anyone out there who fits the description of a hugely talented skillful but hard working player? Answers on a post card!
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #9: Oct 11, 2007 10:49:02 am
      we need four aggers at the back! :) :) :)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #10: Oct 11, 2007 11:01:00 am
      A good covering CB and another forward as I feel that Crouch will probably go if he doesn't get a lot of first team football from here to Xmas.

I do like the idea of SG playing up-front with FT (behind him) though... with YB, JP, FA and RB covering our wing-play...

Ideally get a young hungry players for both positions, rather than veterans...
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #11: Oct 11, 2007 11:13:00 am
      we need a player who will do the unexpected or who isn't afraid to take on 3 defenders at a time however I'm not sure if Quaresmara is that man simply because I think he'd over do the fancy stuff and not put the graft in which I think would anger a lot of supporters. Is there anyone out there who fits the description of a hugely talented skillful but hard working player? Answers on a post card!

Jamie Carragher! oh wait a minute we have him already :D :D :D :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #12: Oct 11, 2007 11:44:59 am
      I dont have a grudge against Aussies at all. I live in the country for god's sake ;D.
      I just think the football presentators will talk up Aussie's over sea's which is unbarable as they dont cut the mustard.
      Bresciano is a good player though, he takes a great free kick and scores plenty for a winger. Cheap too, leaving more money for other positions. I think 2 or 3 players will sign this January just wondering which position Rafa will look to. Im thinking Crouch out and JAR and Sami. In: 3 Spaniards.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #13: Oct 11, 2007 11:53:01 am
      I dont have a grudge against Aussies at all. I live in the country for god's sake ;D.
      I just think the football presentators will talk up Aussie's over sea's which is unbarable as they dont cut the mustard.
      Bresciano is a good player though, he takes a great free kick and scores plenty for a winger. Cheap too, leaving more money for other positions. I think 2 or 3 players will sign this January just wondering which position Rafa will look to. Im thinking Crouch out and JAR and Sami. In: 3 Spaniards.

3 more Spaniards?? - blimey they will be teaching Spanish at Melwood next!

¿Qué?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14: Oct 11, 2007 12:09:20 pm
      I wouldnt doubt it. Players will have  to learn Spanish when they sign. ;)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #15: Oct 11, 2007 12:12:06 pm
      I wouldnt doubt it. Players will have  to learn Spanish when they sign. ;)

In fairness to Rafa, he insists the Spaniards only speak English at Melwood and within dressing room.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #16: Oct 11, 2007 12:42:44 pm
      Yeah, kudos for him doing that.
      Torres *9
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #17: Oct 11, 2007 12:46:58 pm
      im australian and bresiano wud be a useless signing for the club he is not liverpool quality i wud sell crouch and apparently we are being linked with afonso alves who scored 34 goals last season in 31 games and won hollands player of the year wud be a good buy he has also had 7 caps for brazil
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #18: Oct 11, 2007 12:48:20 pm
      Nice too see someone from here seeing Bresciano the same way.
      Torres *9
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #19: Oct 11, 2007 12:54:53 pm
      i wud also love to see us buy samir nasri from marseille he is a very good prospect and he wud provide alot of creativity in midfield
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #20: Oct 11, 2007 01:01:38 pm
      i dont think we need a winger really, not priority anyway Jermaine Pennant must be one of the most criminally underrated players in the premiership this season the amount of people in the pub ive heard say "hes sh!te him". Hes been one of our best players this season Pennant on the right and Babel on the left.

Centre back, desperatly top priority im not sure who though maybe a youngster from the England u-21 team.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #21: Oct 11, 2007 01:05:01 pm
      Nasri would be a great buy!
      He is a great player and the scary thing is he still is getting better.
      Get him while he is cheaper otherwise it will get out of reach with the price tag.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #22: Oct 11, 2007 01:13:15 pm
      We are currently being linked with Jeremy Menez of Monaco (midfielder) and Afonso Alves of Heerenveen (Forward) which may account for some of the rumours about Crouch leaving.

What worries me is there is no talk of a centreback which I think is our No. 1 priority.  I'm sure Rafa has got somebody lined up for January at least I hope he has.

Quick Reply