Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Who Would You Want Us To Buy In Jan Window?

Read 50371 times
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Who Would You Want Us To Buy In Jan Window?
      Reply #575: Jan 22, 2008 10:08:53 am
      Crouch has scored in how many games??? Please remind me of his goal scoring record this season...

Secondly, crouch scored a nice goal tonight....very nice finish....and im not taking that away from him...

For record, its his FIRST EPL goal this season....so again, not a good record, especially when defenders have scored more goals than he has....

And you know what....YOUR THE FKN FOOL....

WTF IS IT WITH PEOPLE ABUSING EACHOTHER ON THIS FORUM FOR JUST STATING THEIR OPINION?? FOR F**k SAKES!!!!!!!

But the thing is, when was crouch last given a run of games in the side. He gets goals when given games in a row, if he played in the next say four games he would score in atleast 2 of them.

People cant say he doesnt get goals when given a run in the side based on this season because he hasnt had a decent run in the side this season, look at last season he was scoring for fun and would have scored even more this season had he been given a good run in the side.

His technichal ability is excellent and hardly anyone would have scored that goal last night the ball was underneath him and he still managed to generate enough power to put it in the net.

He is our second best striker arguably third if including babel. He is great on the ball but the defenders tend to boot the ball up to him rather than passing it through the midfield along the floor, its not crouch's fault its the other players who choose to boot it. he is better on the floor than in the air. How can people not see that he can get goals when given a decent chance to.

And Mascherano not worth 17 million, my god he is worth more look at his performance tonight and in so many games this season. He rarley has a bad game and their arent many players in the league that you can say that about.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #576: Jan 22, 2008 10:39:15 am
      Mascherano is not worth 17million....

Shows your knowledge of football there mate.
      He is a winner, a master of his position, and I'd like you to tell me why he's not worth £17m ( oh, in case your not aware of the fact, the fee includes his salary for 5 years)
      Also name me a player better suited and better value for Liverpool for that position.

Crouch has scored in how many games??? Please remind me of his goal scoring record this season...

Secondly, crouch scored a nice goal tonight....very nice finish....and im not taking that away from him...

For record, its his FIRST EPL goal this season....so again, not a good record, especially when defenders have scored more goals than he has....

Crouch has started 3 Premiership games this season.
      Crouch has been a used sub 8 times this season, usually coming on with less than 20 mins left.
      I thought with your football knowledge - you'd of known that !

Now, as we all know (well most of us), coming on as a sub takes a little time to get up to speed with the game.
      So if you think he should be scoring as soon as he's introduced - then your having a laugh.
      Also, again as it happened last night, a winger is usually sacrifised for the introduction of Crouch.
      Now, pray tell me, how the hell is Crouch going to score when his service from the wings is taken away ?
      He is brought on to help the other forwards - to hold the ball up, to flick the ball on etc.

And you know what....YOUR THE FKN FOOL....

WTF IS IT WITH PEOPLE ABUSING EACHOTHER ON THIS FORUM FOR JUST STATING THEIR OPINION?? FOR F**k SAKES!!!!!!!

Why be so aggresive ?
      You only seem to post on this forum when Liverpool fail to win.
      Any more childish outburts, as in the one above, will intail posting restrictions.

lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #577: Jan 22, 2008 01:24:00 pm
      Shows your knowledge of football there mate.
      He is a winner, a master of his position, and I'd like you to tell me why he's not worth £17m ( oh, in case your not aware of the fact, the fee includes his salary for 5 years)
      Also name me a player better suited and better value for Liverpool for that position.

Crouch has started 3 Premiership games this season.
      Crouch has been a used sub 8 times this season, usually coming on with less than 20 mins left.
      I thought with your football knowledge - you'd of known that !

Now, as we all know (well most of us), coming on as a sub takes a little time to get up to speed with the game.
      So if you think he should be scoring as soon as he's introduced - then your having a laugh.
      Also, again as it happened last night, a winger is usually sacrifised for the introduction of Crouch.
      Now, pray tell me, how the hell is Crouch going to score when his service from the wings is taken away ?
      He is brought on to help the other forwards - to hold the ball up, to flick the ball on etc.

Why be so aggresive ?
      You only seem to post on this forum when Liverpool fail to win.
      Any more childish outburts, as in the one above, will intail posting restrictions.

My point exactly. He clearly hasn't been given enough time on the pitch this season, i hope he doesnt leave he's a phenominal player.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #578: Jan 23, 2008 02:06:28 am
      I think that its a bit far fetched to call him phenomenal. 37 Goals in 111 appearencesfor LFC is far from phenomenal.

scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #579: Jan 23, 2008 02:50:08 am
      My point exactly....very far from phenomenal...
      our need is now for a poacher.

[/quote]
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #580: Jan 23, 2008 08:22:30 am
      Did you all not read their comments?
      Over half are coming on as subs.

And 1 in 3 is still a pretty good return.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #581: Jan 23, 2008 11:30:41 am
      Did you not read my post? I never said it wasnt a good "return" rather that it was far from phenomenal and still not the answer to our problems.
      As i have being saying on this forum we need a playmaker a number "ten" creative attacking midfiled. Ideally i would love to see Diego from Weder Bremen but he would cost a fair bit. Rafa had this sort of player at Valenica in Pablo Aimar and Ruben Baraja to some extent. There are other two alternatives i think we need to bid for in Samir Nasri from Marseille and Luka Modric.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #582: Jan 23, 2008 12:13:15 pm
      But how is someone like diego gonna fit into our team, we either play him behind one striker which has never worked for us before (playing one striker) or playing with no width with has been our downfall in so many games this season, our central midfield is completely fine, why fix something that isnt broke, we need strikers and a left winger and a left back whoi sconsistant that is all. Well in my opinion he is a phenominal player he has great technique and knows how to make space for himself and others and is more skillful than people give him credit for.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #583: Jan 23, 2008 01:29:22 pm
      Our midfield is far from fine of late we are not creating enough chances Masch is doing a Godly job in the guts of the pitch and when we do create chances from the centre its when Gerrard burst solo up the field. What would be wrong with having three in the centre one pushed up behind the strikers, it is not a written rule that attacking football be played down the wings.

Just watch the way Arsenal play they have scored the most goals this season and are attacking through the middle. Our problem has been that we have not had a skilfull and creative midfield player, all respects to Gerrard as great as he has been hes not that player.
      How deadly would a midfield of Gerrard, Masch and Diego be with Babel drifting in from the left in to the box something like Ronaldinho in his hay days at Barca.

That is fine also I respect your opinion that he is phenomenalnal in your eyes and will not hold you against it.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #584: Jan 23, 2008 01:45:47 pm
      ^ IMO I thought that we were too congested in the middle, not only against villa but all our matches without pennant.

People say that we had lots of chances, but I thought that very few of those chances were real chances, the others were failed attempts at trying to set up someone in space. This is because we were too congested in the middle. That's why I think we've missed Pennant, who's a toughline hugger and crosses very acuratley.

A real finisher is someone who has a great first touch and can use that to take messy/half chances and turn them into a shot on goal regardless of how much space he's got (composure). We need one of these badly.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #585: Jan 23, 2008 05:05:33 pm
      ^ IMO I thought that we were too congested in the middle, not only against villa but all our matches without pennant.

People say that we had lots of chances, but I thought that very few of those chances were real chances, the others were failed attempts at trying to set up someone in space. This is because we were too congested in the middle. That's why I think we've missed Pennant, who's a toughline hugger and crosses very acuratley.

A real finisher is someone who has a great first touch and can use that to take messy/half chances and turn them into a shot on goal regardless of how much space he's got (composure). We need one of these badly.

This is what im getting at, I dont think football has to be played down the wings but i think unless your passing is one touch, split the opposition defence in half kind of passing (like arsenal) then wing play is the way to go, and with players who can cross as well as pennant and kewell why not utilise. I can see why people think this kind of plan would work but i think we will never play in that Arsenal style we have our own type of play and when in full flow it really is something to behold.

Playing through the centre can work but i think wing play is better, Look at Man u. As much as i hate them their wing play is what really cuts through teams, Fair enough we don't have a Ronaldo in our team but we have creative wingers who create chances all the time we just need to finish them.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #586: Jan 24, 2008 01:56:23 am
      Did you not read my post? I never said it wasnt a good "return" rather that it was far from phenomenal and still not the answer to our problems.
      As I have being saying on this forum we need a playmaker a number "ten" creative attacking midfiled. Ideally I would love to see Diego from Weder Bremen but he would cost a fair bit. Rafa had this sort of player at Valenica in Pablo Aimar and Ruben Baraja to some extent. There are other two alternatives I think we need to bid for in Samir Nasri from Marseille and Luka Modric.

I meant that for scouser 10.

Kranjcar got a mention before but didnt watch him play closely all too much, now I believe he would be a valuable player to have. 4 million estimated for him. He can pass well, great shot on him and great vision. Great all round player.
      Joao Moutinho also, impressed me from what i have seen of him.

Really should target these up and coming South American lads who are making  a name for themselves all over the world. Lulinha, Moutinho, Celsinho, Marcelo Moreno etc. and take them to build them into fine players rather than watching the Scum take them and smack us back to Anfield.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #587: Jan 24, 2008 07:07:58 am
      I really dont think we should be buying players who havnt yet made a name for themselves....those players are somewhat a gamble in my opinion.
      We dont need to buy youngsters who will eventually become big one day, we should firstly develop a strong and experience first team, and then once we've won a few trophies, start introducing and buying youngsters who have big potential and slowly molding them into the first team squad. So, over time we will have a good combination of experience and youth and the trophies and success will flow.
      I think we need 2-3 more world class players in our squad in order for us to challenge and start rolling back the years.
      We need a winger, a striker, and a creative attacking midfielder.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #588: Jan 24, 2008 08:00:21 am
      Lets see how serious the yanks can show us they are and go for Et'o before chelski get him also I would like to see Crouchie used more often if Raffa don'tgo for a striker.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #589: Jan 24, 2008 12:41:47 pm
      Moutinho is one of those up and comers begging to shine. Really the new Ronaldo IMO and needs a move to a bigger club.
      streety893
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -3 
      • Theres always hope in our hearts
      Reply #590: Jan 25, 2008 04:03:02 am
      Its hard to be optimistic of anyone coming in at this rate
      shouldn't we change the thread to who we want to bring in next season

we shall see Ive had my 10 pence worth on this thread of my thoughts and i am more than resigned now that we will have to make do with the current squad which by all accounts is more than capable of winning trophies

lets keep the faith and resurrect this thread in the summer

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #591: Jan 25, 2008 05:32:41 am
      Yeah looks like no more activity in the window but we can still recommend some players. Its like having a broken leg watching from the sidelines.
      garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #592: Jan 25, 2008 08:52:34 am
      I would think Santa Cruz would be a great signing. Proven in the league now and has been at a big club before (Bayern Munich) Get Voronin out he is surplus as it is and he hasn't done all that well since he has been here. Sign Masch on a permanent and Sissoko out to Juventus or Inter Milan or who ever wants him. Carson looks to be out as well and i think we could push Villa for £10mil for him. Then we need to search for a left sided player either at the back or midfield. Riise is past his time for us, althought he has been a great player for the club over the years.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #593: Jan 25, 2008 10:28:19 am
      Read on BBC that the Yanks are going to finally complete a move for Masch. TBH I expect some signings now that the loan deal has been sealed.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #594: Jan 25, 2008 10:52:12 am
      http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article3248323.ece

Might surprise some of you...

since it was mentioned here.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #595: Jan 25, 2008 12:02:49 pm
      It just shows that Rafa has his hands tied on doing anymore full transfers this window. Could be that he's made his last transfer dealings for LFC too depending on what happens this summer :( 
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #596: Jan 26, 2008 12:27:06 am
      I would think Santa Cruz would be a great signing. Proven in the league now and has been at a big club before (Bayern Munich) Get Voronin out he is surplus as it is and he hasn't done all that well since he has been here. Sign Masch on a permanent and Sissoko out to Juventus or Inter Milan or who ever wants him. Carson looks to be out as well and I think we could push Villa for £10mil for him. Then we need to search for a left sided player either at the back or midfield. Riise is past his time for us, althought he has been a great player for the club over the years.

I agree with you on Santa Cruz mate ever since he signed for Blackburn they looked better going forward, he also has a great partnership with Bentley who also looks promising.  Am I also right in thinking Santa Cruz is Blackburn's top scorer too this season? I like his clinical finishes in the box no fussing about just get it in!
      garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #597: Jan 26, 2008 12:37:35 am
      I like his clinical finishes in the box no fussing about just get it in!

And thats what we lack, someone that puts it in the net regardless of how it looks, as long as it crosses the line it counts. For me there is something about Bentley i just don't like, I can't explain it but there is just something. But Santa Cruz would be a great a player to sign for us he gets goals and thats what we need. We also need that illusive left sided player beacuse i think kewell is past it and babel is more a attacker or even right sided seeing as he scored his last goal from there and is good at cutting in.

Quick Reply