Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Celtic 1-0 Liverpool: In game chat and Post Match thoughts

Read 29790 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Re: Celtic 1-0 Liverpool: In game chat and Post Match thoughts
      Reply #299: Aug 11, 2013 10:36:00 pm
      There were a lot from Glasgow alright and were in a party mood for the weekend , as you say there were a lot of smaller kids alright and it was a novelty for them to see us play but it still doesn't get away from the fact we were out sang considering we outnumbered them several times over .

Hope you made enough noise mate :D
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #300: Aug 11, 2013 10:59:29 pm
      Just watching the game again.... F***ing hell, anyone else see how in the first minute Balde just barely tapped Lucas and he went tumbling?

We seriously need a no nonsense DM with strength and pace or else we're going to be in serious trouble this season.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #301: Aug 11, 2013 11:00:38 pm
      Hope you made enough noise mate :D
      I have a sore throat and an empty pocket , Dublin prices are different to where I come from .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #302: Aug 11, 2013 11:03:22 pm
      I have a sore throat and an empty pocket , Dublin prices are different to where I come from .

Prices are unreal down there mate.

We went to a concert a while back and spent a fortune. Back down again in November so I'm saving now. ;D
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #303: Aug 11, 2013 11:03:27 pm
      Just watching the game again.... F***ing hell, anyone else see how in the first minute Balde just barely tapped Lucas and he went tumbling?

We seriously need a no nonsense DM with strength and pace or else we're going to be in serious trouble this season.
      Big CF's give us headaches , that lukaku fella gave us hell last season and we need to address the situation fairly lively like .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #304: Aug 11, 2013 11:04:08 pm
      Big CF's give us headaches , that lukaku fella gave us hell last season and we need to address the situation fairly lively like .

I hope you mean by trying to sign Lukaku.

He's awesome.
      « Last Edit: Aug 11, 2013 11:11:17 pm by srslfc »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #305: Aug 11, 2013 11:06:44 pm
      Just watching the game again.... f**king hell, anyone else see how in the first minute Balde just barely tapped Lucas and he went tumbling?

To be fair mate there aren't many midfielders with that stature and Lucas still managed to recover on him. Wisdom is a tank and he looked like a mini compared to that guy and it unsettled him.

There's more of an issue when our CB's can't square up to their forwards than our defensive midfielders, as long as Lucas can make the challenge it doesn't matter if he can be out muscled by him as he wont have to win a header against him, or shouldn't have to.

Guys like that you have to allow them to get the ball but take them to areas they'll do no damage, you're never going to win the physical battle. The difference between Lucas and Allen for example was that Lucas could still make the challenge, Allen would simply end up on the floor and why he shouldn't be seen as adequate cover for Lucas.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #306: Aug 11, 2013 11:07:07 pm
      Prices are unreal down there mate.

We went to a concert a while back and spent a fortune. Back down again in November so I'm saving now. ;D
      I should have gone into the off license and got my poison there, it would have saved me a fortune and a lot of time queing  as well .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #307: Aug 11, 2013 11:09:16 pm
      I should have gone into the off license and got my poison there, it would have saved me a fortune and a lot of time queing  as well .

Nothing beats being in the pub though.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #308: Aug 11, 2013 11:10:00 pm
      I hope you mean by tryign to sign Lukaku.

He's awesome.
      Big strong and fast and can score , we'd never be that ambitious .
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #309: Aug 11, 2013 11:12:17 pm

Not just big CFs but also tricky/pacy wingers.  Remember Arsenal away, how many times did Walcott just dance around Lucas like he wasn't even there.  Look, we all love Lucas, he bleeds red, but he was very poor last season, and as of now we have no one to challenge him.  Our back four is already shaky enough, and right now we have an unsure DM covering them.  Joseph Allen even when he is on form is a ball playing CM, not a DM.  He can deputize in a pinch but it's not where he's best. 

We need someone to challenge Lucas, ASAP.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #310: Aug 11, 2013 11:14:04 pm
      Nothing beats being in the pub though.
      We couldn't get in, they had a temporary bar set up outside in the car park serving us slop from plastic cups no where near a pint size , I looked around the place and saw loads drinking from bottles enjoying the craic as well for cheaper .You live and learn mate .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #311: Aug 11, 2013 11:14:54 pm
      We couldn't get in, they had a temporary bar set up outside in the car park serving us slop from plastic cups no where near a pint size , I looked around the place and saw loads drinking from bottles enjoying the craic as well for cheaper .You live and learn mate .

Where was that?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #312: Aug 11, 2013 11:18:56 pm
      Not just big CFs but also tricky/pacy wingers.  Remember Arsenal away, how many times did Walcott just dance around Lucas like he wasn't even there.  Look, we all love Lucas, he bleeds red, but he was very poor last season, and as of now we have no one to challenge him.  Our back four is already shaky enough, and right now we have an unsure DM covering them.  Joseph Allen even when he is on form is a ball playing CM, not a DM.  He can deputize in a pinch but it's not where he's best. 

We need someone to challenge Lucas, ASAP.
      I personally  believe that we haven't improved on last season and if we have it's very minimal .We paid well over the odds for Allen when in reality we had a like for like in jay spearing and we all knew that Jay wasn't the grade in which we were looking for .
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #313: Aug 11, 2013 11:21:08 pm
      the Lansdowne hotel .The craic was mighty but the quality of the drink was dodgy enough .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #314: Aug 12, 2013 10:01:34 am
      Downing .

Youve played your last game for us .

Watch your bank account and mind your head on leaving.

BBC

Stewart Downing: West Ham close in on deal to sign Liverpool winger

West Ham United have agreed a fee with Liverpool over a deal to sign winger Stewart Downing.

The 29-year-old England international is expected to undergo a medical and agree personal terms before completing any move to Upton Park.

Now we can buy another player from 2nd division La Liga !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #315: Aug 12, 2013 11:02:13 am
      Downing .

Youve played your last game for us .

Watch your bank account and mind your head on leaving.

BBC

Stewart Downing: West Ham close in on deal to sign Liverpool winger

West Ham United have agreed a fee with Liverpool over a deal to sign winger Stewart Downing.

The 29-year-old England international is expected to undergo a medical and agree personal terms before completing any move to Upton Park.

Now we can buy another player from 2nd division La Liga !
      any odds on the incoming player being the same price as the outgoing player but on half the wage.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #316: Aug 12, 2013 11:17:08 am
      Downing's two seasons at Anfield

3 goals
      5 assists
      125 chances created

See you
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #317: Aug 12, 2013 01:22:55 pm

[/quote]
      Downing's two seasons at Anfield

3 goals
      5 assists
      125 chances created

See you

says it all really doesn't it , one of the greatest waste of club resources , not just the money but the time lost during his holiday here .
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #318: Aug 12, 2013 03:48:37 pm
      Just watching the game again.... f**king hell, anyone else see how in the first minute Balde just barely tapped Lucas and he went tumbling?

Agree completely. I think thats one of the key reasons why the ARSEnal have struggled to make a push for further honours. They've got a great attacking / free flowing team, but no backbone. Ever since Viera left, they've had a really soft core.

If were going to have a small skillfull attachaking set up, we need a big, domineering Deep lying CM/DM to anchor the midfield and provide cover for he defence.

Thats exactly what City have with Toure. Provides both cover for the defense, and also when they are under the cosh, he just picks up the ball, and runs direct downfield. He's such a massive beast, its hard to play him. He then lays it off to someone else, about 20/30 yrds further downfield!

Even with Toure, they have missed the physicallity of De-Jong!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #319: Aug 12, 2013 07:00:27 pm

How many in the League?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #320: Aug 13, 2013 08:27:28 am

3 in the league
      2 in the FA cup
      2 in the Europa

91 appearances
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #321: Aug 13, 2013 08:33:29 am

No doubt the owners will peruse the skeleton squad we have and select somebody or other to fatten up.

Quick Reply