Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NBC Sports looking for Liverpool fans for new TV series

Read 7891 times
      AntHow
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 1 posts |
      NBC Sports looking for Liverpool fans for new TV series
      Aug 10, 2013 08:28:56 pm
      American TV network, NBC Sports, (premier league rights holder USA) is looking for fans to take part in a season long series using fan-captured video.

Whether you are in stadium witnessing the incredible free-kick, the last-minute winner or game saving stop, or filming your own reaction to the drama at home - in ANY other part of the World - NBC wants you to be a part of its broadcast.

Each week NBC video editors will collect the footage you take, to make a video clip that will be used on several TV shows as part of its Premier League coverage.

If you are in the habit of capturing video on your mobile phone, your handy work and Twitter handle could be featured on American TV. In some cases the best clips will also see you interviewed in the days following the game.

High school or university students may also use experience as part of a port-folio, with access to the final professionally edited product.

To register your interest, or find out more, please contact me, the series producer ant_howard@me.com
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: NBC Sports looking for Liverpool fans for new TV series
      Reply #1: Aug 10, 2013 10:34:01 pm
      F**k. Ing. Hell.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2: Aug 10, 2013 11:09:14 pm
      so are you interested or not , you could let them know how you feel about fsg and 0 net spend . ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Aug 10, 2013 11:21:46 pm

You'd be all over it like a rash in O'Neils, Si. ;)

The way I see this, I'd rather have a pure LFC fan of a Shankly nature to educate the world, than a mild "premier league camera happy manc/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea/whoever is on the TV the most/man city fan.

It's one thing to turn your nose up at things. It's another thing to educate.

At least keep some spirit alive.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4: Aug 10, 2013 11:43:04 pm
      You'd be all over it like a rash in O'Neils, Si. ;)

Ha. Indeed :D

Your point about educating is a good one Ken and far better to have something like this than some whopper filming their own reaction to us scoring a goal.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #5: Aug 11, 2013 12:20:39 am
      NBC is pumping in a lot of money into bringing the EPL to the US.  I said it in a previous post. Football is growing at a pretty good rate in the US and I am really excited about this TV deal. They are showing the commercials and advertising during the Baseball games and all the MLS games. I have seen adverts on billboards,magazines,radio and TV.

I would be lucky If I watched 3 Liverpool matches a year on live TV. For the most part their would be 1 live match a week and the majority were United matches. Do you know how hard it is to wake up early Saturday or Sunday morning and find a decent stream online? Now I can watch every match in HD. I cant explain how massive this is for US supporters. Its huge.

But If this guy is looking for REAL supporters, I prefer that too some professional talking head who has no idea what the Shankly Gates are or the KOP. I have noticed that the majority of the Liverpool supporters in the US are true Football supporters. They actually know football, they know the history of the club and have a true passion for the club and the game.

If NBC is looking for US Liverpool fans to film themselves at a match, I would do it in a second.  If they flew me to Liverpool and got me tickets, I would have no problem.  However I am probably going to bet it will be someone who knows NOTHING about Liverpool and just looks good on camera.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #6: Aug 11, 2013 12:31:08 am
      Only whoppers get their phones out and film at games. Huge whoppers.

Is it going to be sponsored by Burger King?
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #7: Aug 11, 2013 12:36:32 am

Yeah but, If someone paid for a round trip ticket, hotel and match tickets and all you had to do was film yourself at the match would you do it?
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #8: Aug 11, 2013 12:52:38 am
      Yeah but, If someone paid for a round trip ticket, hotel and match tickets and all you had to do was film yourself at the match would you do it?

Wouldn't need a hotel I'm not too far from the ground. So no :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #9: Aug 11, 2013 01:04:52 am
      If NBC is looking for US Liverpool fans to film themselves at a match, I would do it in a second.

Get in touch with them then and remember me when you're famous. Or infamous. ;)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #10: Aug 11, 2013 11:50:54 am
      American TV network, NBC Sports, (premier league rights holder USA) is looking for fans to take part in a season long series using fan-captured video.

Whether you are in stadium witnessing the incredible free-kick, the last-minute winner or game saving stop, or filming your own reaction to the drama at home - in ANY other part of the World - NBC wants you to be a part of its broadcast.

Each week NBC video editors will collect the footage you take, to make a video clip that will be used on several TV shows as part of its Premier League coverage.

If you are in the habit of capturing video on your mobile phone, your handy work and Twitter handle could be featured on American TV. In some cases the best clips will also see you interviewed in the days following the game.

High school or university students may also use experience as part of a port-folio, with access to the final professionally edited product.

To register your interest, or find out more, please contact me, the series producer ant_howard@me.com
      No.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #11: Aug 11, 2013 01:01:21 pm
      Won't this just be full of blerts who like to film themselves at home on you tube.

Please don't help spread this explosion of twattism!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12: Aug 11, 2013 06:14:59 pm
      Can have an old clip of me threatening to kick the TV in when Henchoz ever had the ball in our pen area.
      Always missed cos me eyes were closed in panic !
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #13: Aug 11, 2013 07:22:13 pm
      Do the best ones get a prize?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #14: Aug 11, 2013 07:42:03 pm

Whoppers with jester hats .
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #15: Aug 12, 2013 09:16:49 am

And half half scarves
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #16: Aug 12, 2013 06:11:18 pm
      Can have an old clip of me threatening to kick the TV in when Henchoz ever had the ball in our pen area.
      Always missed cos me eyes were closed in panic !

Haha :D

Reminds me of when I almost broke my telly (which is no small feat, it's a big beast, not a flat screen!), when Riise scored that own goal vs Chelsea. Kicked it right off the stand  :f_whistle:

Unfortunately in the heat of such an emotional moment I didn't have time to get my camera out.  :roll:
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #17: Aug 14, 2013 12:01:13 am
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #18: Aug 24, 2013 05:10:20 pm

Is this for Americans or Scousers?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #19: Aug 25, 2013 01:20:36 pm
      Is this for Americans or Scousers?

Nah, just whoppers who like taking selfies of themselves and thinking they are wacky!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #20: Aug 25, 2013 01:26:41 pm
      Nah, just whoppers who like taking selfies of themselves and thinking they are wacky!

Americans and lfc_ynwa then?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #21: Aug 25, 2013 01:30:28 pm

Hahahaha, I wasn't trying to be too specific!! ;)
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #22: Feb 25, 2020 04:35:36 pm
      yep long bump.kinda interesting how the social media aspect has moved on since the thread was started.The final nbc fan event is in Philadelphia april 4th 5th,Dilworth park if ya know the city? It'll be mobbed we play city! Oh yeah wonder if the guy who started the thread still works at NBC!

Quick Reply