Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Willian (Anzhi)

Read 134843 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Re: Willian (Anzhi)
      Reply #1449: Aug 24, 2013 06:35:29 am
      Some fans can't get over the other Americans or the Kenny sacking and it's past boring. with ridiculous posts and threads daily, in order to keep their crappy negative agenda going.

What agenda would this be?
      You set out a proposition not a statement of fact, purely your opinion.
      H&G were fraudsters, found out and fu**ed off - job done.
      FSG are economic with the truth to be diplomatic, some have called them liars.
      Until our status improves to the dizzy heights of CL qualification their word is worthless and their actions trifling.

Rather than see the positive steps we've made as a club and the strength of our squad this season to last.

Call theirselves supporters

Absolute losers
      What F***ing programme are you watching 'cos it sure as hell isn't what the rest of us are seeing.
      Losers indeed under the misguidance of FSG.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1450: Aug 24, 2013 07:20:24 am
      Kind of good and bad.

Good they miss out on a player, but they will probably land Lamela now and while I don't know enough about Willian I do know Lamela will be quality for them.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1451: Aug 24, 2013 10:10:16 am
      Kind of good and bad.

Good they miss out on a player, but they will probably land Lamela now and while I don't know enough about Willian I do know Lamela will be quality for them.

The Gale deal is up in the air again so that might be an affecting factor.
      Don't really give a sh*t there's only one team's fortunes I'm interested in.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1452: Aug 24, 2013 10:11:55 am

Though Tony might be a bit to old nowadays. ;)
      Huyton Sports Group
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #1453: Aug 24, 2013 12:15:47 pm

Gale who?
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1454: Aug 24, 2013 08:05:25 pm
      Hard not to laugh at Mourinho's cockiness towards Spurs. For a club to hold out a ridiculous price for Bale I think it's just desserts. Hope that baldy Levy's weeping right now.
      lfcsupporter01
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #1455: Aug 24, 2013 10:28:30 pm
      It's definitely better for us if he joins for Chelsea rather than Spurs. If he should indeed join for Chelsea, it would be interesting to see what they're gonna do with the players like Mikel, Essien.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1456: Aug 25, 2013 08:04:24 am

Meant Gareth Bale of course, got distracted and didn't pick up on the comment.
      Elmo McElroy
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #1457: Aug 25, 2013 08:49:31 am
      I'm new to this forum  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: and have read through a lot of thoughts posted on this thread. Now that Willian has gone to Chelsea and Spurs continue to strengthen who should we look at next? A player that comes to mind for me is Victor Moses at Chelsea. He is now even further down the pecking order. He's quick, skilful, strong, versatile and has an eye for goal. He definitely has EPL experience and would be a good fit for us.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #1458: Aug 25, 2013 11:17:04 am
      Time to lock this bi*ch up. Confirmed now, subject to work permit:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3436444/title/terms-agreed-for-willian
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #1459: Aug 25, 2013 12:23:23 pm
      I'm new to this forum  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: and have read through a lot of thoughts posted on this thread. Now that Willian has gone to Chelsea and Spurs continue to strengthen who should we look at next? A player that comes to mind for me is Victor Moses at Chelsea. He is now even further down the pecking order. He's quick, skilful, strong, versatile and has an eye for goal. He definitely has EPL experience and would be a good fit for us.

Welcome to the forum :)

Personally I do not think having any PL experience should be a deciding factor, there are many great players from abroad who do not have any experience in English football.

Lamela would be wonderful, but it looks like Spurs are in front position. Munian as well would be a great buy.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1460: Aug 25, 2013 01:18:18 pm
      Chavs have announced this on their offal now.

TERMS AGREED FOR WILLIAN

Posted on: Sun 25 Aug 2013

Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with both Willian and his club Anzhi Makhachkala for the transfer of the Brazilian player.

The transfer is subject to a work permit hearing on Wednesday.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3436444/title/terms-agreed-for-willian
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1461: Aug 25, 2013 01:31:30 pm
      Yup, time to lock this thread I reckon. We can't keep dwelling on this mercenary. We got Coutinho anyway 8)
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1462: Aug 25, 2013 01:35:05 pm
      Yup, time to lock this thread I reckon. We can't keep dwelling on this mercenary. We got Coutinho anyway 8)

seconded on this. lock up this thread. Nothing to do with us anymore.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1463: Aug 25, 2013 01:37:36 pm
      Welp, at least he didn't go to Spurs ;D But this really shows you that even if we had matched Spurs' offer, Chelsea could have swooped in and he'd have gone to Chelsea. Just something to remember.

I do agree that it's kind of bad because now Spurs will move on to someone like a Lamela and he'll be a big addition there.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1464: Aug 25, 2013 02:49:07 pm
      Chelsea could have swooped in and he'd have gone to Chelsea. Just something to remember.

See now, I thought Chelsea only bought him to stop Spurs getting him as they see Spurs as 'contenders'. Who knows but if it makes more things more palatable then yes; yes he was over-rated and yes Chelsea would have swooped to stop us getting him.  ;D

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #1465: Aug 25, 2013 02:52:49 pm
      See now, I thought Chelsea only bought him to stop Spurs getting him as they see Spurs as 'contenders'. Who knows but if it makes more things more palatable then yes; yes he was over-rated and yes Chelsea would have swooped to stop us getting him.  ;D

Tells you about the character of the player, though, doesn't it? Or at least that he's looking for out for his career. We have the hardest route into the Champions League, Spurs have it easier, and Chelsea are already in. For Willian, it's a no brainer really.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1466: Aug 25, 2013 03:07:30 pm
      To be honest I don't know why this thread is still open, he snubbed us for spurs, he snubbed spurs for the chavs
        and I think he is not a target anymore( if he ever was)

YNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1467: Aug 25, 2013 03:13:50 pm
      Tells you about the character of the player, though, doesn't it?

Aye, and we can now add that to the 'Didn't we do well to dodge the Willian bullet' list and rest even easier. Phew aren't we lucky? ;D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #1468: Aug 25, 2013 03:17:53 pm
      Aye, we can add that to the 'Didn't we do well to dodge the Willian bullet' list and rest even easier.  ;D

Haha no no. But we are seeing the difficulties of not having any kind of European football when other teams are in for the same player. (Except for Costa, who simply chose to stay at Atletico.) It's obviously difficult to play the hypothetical "if" game, but if we had matched Spurs' bid, where do you think Willian goes?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1469: Aug 25, 2013 03:21:27 pm
      if we had matched Spurs' bid, where do you think Willian goes?
      Here but only if Brendan could have got sitting down with him face to face with him.  8)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1470: Aug 25, 2013 03:25:01 pm
      Haha no no. But we are seeing the difficulties of not having any kind of European football when other teams are in for the same player. (Except for Costa, who simply chose to stay at Atletico.) It's obviously difficult to play the hypothetical "if" game, but if we had matched Spurs' bid, where do you think Willian goes?

Hard to say TRM but I just don't think we push hard enough for these type of deals.

Coutinho and Sturridge at their prices and no one else really in for them doesn't seem a problem.

But a player with a big price tag, interested in us but with competition we don't get a deal done.
      Cross
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #1471: Aug 25, 2013 05:38:44 pm
      I can't say that I'm disappointed to "miss out" on a player I know f**k all about. Oh well Spurs will go on and most likely sign Lamela who looks a really good player, Chelsea will sign another player to play in the line of 3 behind the striker (as if they need more players in that area of the pitch) and we'll just have to wait and see and hopefully bring in a few players who can actually contribute this season.

And even though I won't be happy with the club missing out on a supposed target I certainly won't be losing any sleep over this one.

Quick Reply