Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Willian (Anzhi)

Read 135451 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Willian (Anzhi)
      Reply #1403: Aug 23, 2013 09:42:29 am
      Brendan is caught in the crossfire of the hate and venom directed at the real perpetrators of our demise, as is the intention of said perpetrators.

Definitely. Eurored is a good bloke (and was a fellow Wimbledonite for a while) but he's wrong here. I personally don't think ANY Liverpool manager should be the subject of that type of posting, but that's just me.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1404: Aug 23, 2013 09:43:22 am
      Do we really want to get into a bidding war with Chelsea for a player who is already overpriced and plays a role which is not our most vital to sign someone for?

Id rather let this go and spend 30 odd million on getting in 2 players in 2 positions we need filling
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1405: Aug 23, 2013 09:56:32 am
      Do we really want to get into a bidding war with Chelsea for a player who is already overpriced and plays a role which is not our most vital to sign someone for?

Id rather let this go and spend 30 odd million on getting in 2 players in 2 positions we need filling

It's all F***ing bullshit Bri to con us into believing someone is going to part with some dosh and improve our prospects.
      The more pressing positions you speak of will remain vacant when the manager and/or the owners tell us it's too late to sign anyone and we'll have to make do.......but they did have a go.   :f_whistle:   xxxxx:action-smiley-065: 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #1406: Aug 23, 2013 11:05:17 am

But the manager said the 'top left' position was a priority Brian.

He also has made it clear he wanted this guy.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1407: Aug 23, 2013 11:11:30 am
      Brilliant.  He signs for Chelsea for £29M - after we allegedly won't go above £30M.  You couldn't make this sh*t up.

The LFC PR machine has had a brilliant summer.  Hoodwinking supporters into believing they ever had any intention of buying a world class footballer for decent money.

And I've just sen Ian Ayre walking down Castle Street with a swagger of such self importance it's untrue. He reaaly does ooze self importance even to look at.

Come on Bri, I'd agree but it's not about that mate. It's who the manager wanted not me or you.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #1408: Aug 23, 2013 11:28:30 am
      But the manager said the 'top left' position was a priority Brian.

He also has made it clear he wanted this guy.

Does he play there though? I was under the impression he played central behind the striker. This is where I feel well get the best from Coutinho. Plus we might have the other fella who can play there to

Centre half Holding mid and winger or striker should be what we want. And again this lad is going to go in excess of 30 million is he worth it? Fair enough if the boss wants him but i wouldnt sting ourselves to get him

Just seen the post saying Chelsea had a 29 milion offer accepted. If true that is very very strange and would have me thinking is there stuff going on in the background between the 2 russian owners that might need looking at?
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #1409: Aug 23, 2013 11:30:05 am
      When br says this guy is perfect for us, when we've sold downing in advance and he's willing to come to us.. We should be doing absolutely everything to get him.

When we have -5m net spend and possibly up to 90m extra generated this year with spurs as our only rivals just makes it more depressing

All we need now to top this window off is to sell suarez which everyday more and more I think will happen
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1410: Aug 23, 2013 11:31:04 am
      Come on Bri, I'd agree but it's not about that mate. It's who the manager wanted not me or you.

Nuff said. It's simple really.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #1411: Aug 23, 2013 11:32:35 am
      Does he play there though? I was under the impression he played central behind the striker. This is where I feel well get the best from Coutinho. Plus we might have the other fella who can play there to

Centre half Holding mid and winger or striker should be what we want. And again this lad is going to go in excess of 30 million is he worth it? Fair enough if the boss wants him but i wouldnt sting ourselves to get him

That's his best position top left but he's flexible. We've got 3 teams willing to spend big money for him and there would be more if it wasn't so late in the window.city had 40m rejected earlier this window

Rodgers wants him,we've sold downing already

There's up to 95m available and wages cut almost 400k pw again

Can someone explain why he's not here if we truly wAant top 4????
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1412: Aug 23, 2013 11:33:06 am
      And I've just sen Ian Ayre walking down Castle Street with a swagger of such self importance it's untrue. He reaaly does ooze self importance even to look at.

If you've truly seen Ian Ayre walking down the street and you didn't at least try to trip the fool then you and I need to have a talk ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #1413: Aug 23, 2013 11:34:44 am
      95 million available! Lets trump Real and sign Bale  :)
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #1414: Aug 23, 2013 11:49:39 am
      95 million available! Lets trump Real and sign Bale  :)

Even with the money we have players don't believe we are genuinely trying to compete with the chvs and city's

There's no evidence over the last 3 years that we ar nothing more than a selling club cash cow for an American investment group

And that is why we can't get top players and our top player wants to leave.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #1415: Aug 23, 2013 12:16:21 pm
      That's his best position top left but he's flexible. We've got 3 teams willing to spend big money for him and there would be more if it wasn't so late in the window.city had 40m rejected earlier this window

Rodgers wants him,we've sold downing already

There's up to 95m available and wages cut almost 400k pw again

Can someone explain why he's not here if we truly wAant top 4????

If he's so f**king great why only 2 caps at 25? And why a small goal return in an average league? He's not here because he wants the biggest wages and a greedy  agent fee.

Either money ruins football or it doesn't but you can't have it both ways! I'd rather we be sensible because in the long run we didn't sell our soul financially to compete we did it the right way, the proper way, the Liverpool way.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #1416: Aug 23, 2013 12:45:21 pm
      If he's so f**king great why only 2 caps at 25? And why a small goal return in an average league? He's not here because he wants the biggest wages and a greedy  agent fee.

Either money ruins football or it doesn't but you can't have it both ways! I'd rather we be sensible because in the long run we didn't sell our soul financially to compete we did it the right way, the proper way, the Liverpool way.

You mean the same brazil team that spanked Spain to win the confed cup without Lucas,coutinho,Ramires,ronaldinho etc prob the toughest squad to get into in the world right now,even more competition for Spain.

Russian league is no walkover,tough crowds,tough weather conditions lot of big names there.

4 teams have bid 28m plus for Willian, the other 3 are above us in the league,br says he is perfect for us,we have money available so you choosing to believe he's sh*t is your own business

Who said money ruins football? Your listening to mr Henry too much spouting his Ffp bs. I don't hear any of the top teams bar arsenal complaining over prices. It's an open market we are in the top 10 turnover in the world we should fear no one over money issues.

I don't want it both ways I want us to get the best players available to compete with the best teams.itspretty simple he would come here if we paid the price but we didn't so we have to try and push on and not get too down over a poor window as br said himself.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1417: Aug 23, 2013 01:15:40 pm
      Whilst I don't really think he's worth that money....I haven't seen him other than Youtube mind you and I'm no football expert, if Brendan wants him and thinks he's a difference maker then the owners should back him and allow him to "own" his team. That's the only way that Brendan can give it a fair go and the only way you can give him a fair assessment.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #1418: Aug 23, 2013 01:29:10 pm
      Jose Mourinho says Willian has chosen Chelsea over Tottenham.

And we will have again problem with Spurs for another target, cause they didn't get him.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #1419: Aug 23, 2013 02:21:07 pm
      You mean the same brazil team that spanked Spain to win the confed cup without Lucas,coutinho,Ramires,ronaldinho etc prob the toughest squad to get into in the world right now,even more competition for Spain.

Russian league is no walkover,tough crowds,tough weather conditions lot of big names there.

4 teams have bid 28m plus for Willian, the other 3 are above us in the league,br says he is perfect for us,we have money available so you choosing to believe he's sh*t is your own business

Who said money ruins football? Your listening to mr Henry too much spouting his Ffp bs. I don't hear any of the top teams bar arsenal complaining over prices. It's an open market we are in the top 10 turnover in the world we should fear no one over money issues.

I don't want it both ways I want us to get the best players available to compete with the best teams.itspretty simple he would come here if we paid the price but we didn't so we have to try and push on and not get too down over a poor window as br said himself.

I said if he's so great at what point did I say he was sh*t? I'm saying most people had never heard of him until last week now it's a massive cry baby tantrums of I want I want I want... We're turning into pathetic greedy fans expecting everything ignoring the hard work that goes in dayin day out.

Who says money ruins football? Are you living with your eyes closed? Money has absolutely destroyed the spirit of football.. If Chelsea win the league or city would we not be the first as fans to say they bought it? Or are we all now considering if you can't beat them join them. I for one would rather not be a fan of football if my team had to buy the league and bow down to agents and greedy f**king don't know they're born football players. But hey I guess I'm living in the past or I'm not prepared watch us sell the soul of Liverpool football club for success. 

And you don't know he would have come here over Chelsea and spurs your speculating and using it as a way to bash our owners for not overpaying.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1420: Aug 23, 2013 02:28:15 pm
      You guys forget Torres was proven at Atheletico Madrid and Suarez goalscoring record at Ajax was phenomenal.  26m and 22m, for younger players more established domestically and internationally. Willian is an over aged starlet. I really don't understand why he is anywhere near his price tag of 30 million. 15m maybe it is reasonable. Anzi overpaid and obviously don't want a loss. You guys take the piss out of Comelli but are angry when we don't repeat his mistakes. 
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #1421: Aug 23, 2013 02:36:21 pm
      Some fans can't get over the other Americans or the Kenny sacking and it's past boring. with ridiculous posts and threads daily, in order to keep their crappy negative agenda going. Rather than see the positive steps we've made as a club and the strength of our squad this season to last.

Call theirselves supporters

Absolute losers
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1422: Aug 23, 2013 02:48:57 pm
      Jose Mourinho says Willian has chosen Chelsea over Tottenham.

And we will have again problem with Spurs for another target, cause they didn't get him.

That would be Lamela most probably..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1423: Aug 23, 2013 02:53:38 pm

In all honesty I don't think we can take a relative Mickey Mouse international competition as evidence of this. We all know Spain are still head and shoulders above Brazil and if they really wanted the Confed Cup then they would have won it. And let's remember prior to the tournament Brazil were nothing to shout about....at all.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1424: Aug 23, 2013 03:10:42 pm
      I'm amazed people can't grasp the simple concept of 'Brendan Rodgers thought this player was perfect for our team'.

It does not matter what we thought.

It does not matter if he can get into San Marino's first XI.

It does not matter if he is one footed.

It does not matter if he only scores one goal in his life.

Our manager, the man trusted with getting us back to where we belong. The man FSG said was their number 1 choice.

He has not been backed, his judgement ignored for the sake of a few million pound.

This after it's clear Man City, Chelsea and Spurs all believed he was worth the money.

If you can't see the problem there, then I'm afraid you shouldn't comment on any other issues because you can not think logically.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #1425: Aug 23, 2013 03:29:52 pm
      I said if he's so great at what point did I say he was sh*t? I'm saying most people had never heard of him until last week now it's a massive cry baby tantrums of I want I want I want... We're turning into pathetic greedy fans expecting everything ignoring the hard work that goes in dayin day out.

Who says money ruins football? Are you living with your eyes closed? Money has absolutely destroyed the spirit of football.. If Chelsea win the league or city would we not be the first as fans to say they bought it? Or are we all now considering if you can't beat them join them. I for one would rather not be a fan of football if my team had to buy the league and bow down to agents and greedy f**king don't know they're born football players. But hey I guess I'm living in the past or I'm not prepared watch us sell the soul of Liverpool football club for success. 

And you don't know he would have come here over Chelsea and spurs your speculating and using it as a way to bash our owners for not overpaying.

You do realise back in the day we were the biggest spenders, even bought players to stop other teams buying players, it's just that it wasn't on the scale of the extortionate prices that players go for today.

Quick Reply