Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Aly Cissokho

Read 44079 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Re: Aly Cissokho Player Thread
      Reply #368: Feb 08, 2014 08:31:11 pm
      Well if nothing else he looks like he can look after himself!

BTW well done Aly probably his best performance, very solid defensively.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #369: Feb 08, 2014 09:16:43 pm

Muhammad?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #370: Feb 08, 2014 09:42:40 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #371: Feb 08, 2014 09:44:37 pm
      Brilliant seeing Aly stepping in to protect his teammate after Wilshere's terrible tackle on Raheem Sterling. He is playing much better, his primarily job is being done nicely.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #372: Feb 08, 2014 09:46:22 pm

Is delirious code for inebriated Stuey, on the whisky & soda here.  :)
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #373: Feb 08, 2014 10:22:40 pm
      As alanis once said, he's won me over head over feet
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #374: Feb 08, 2014 10:34:43 pm
      Is delirious code for inebriated Stuey, on the whisky & soda here.  :)

......and easier to spell when you're pissed.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #375: Feb 09, 2014 03:05:21 am
      His best game with us so far imo, and he improved game by game, interesting about his future at LFC.

Well done Aly.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #376: Feb 09, 2014 10:51:42 am
      Very solid in the last couple of games and for what he was brought in for no one can really complain about the job he's doing at the minute.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #377: Feb 09, 2014 11:21:03 am
      Would say he was fantastic yesterday. He demonstrated yesterday that he's not the most brain dead player we have. It could be a confidence issue, it could be him just trying to settle in. Clearly, even after his below par performances, Rodgers persevered and you can see why. He clearly monitors him in training and realises this boy is not all that bad. Us fans need to get behind Aly more and help him build on these performances of his.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #378: Feb 09, 2014 12:32:17 pm
      Best game for us by far, and showed that it mattered to him yesterday.  Good to get some competition for that LB slot.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #379: Feb 09, 2014 12:39:32 pm
      Very solid when called on yesterday. Well in Aly.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #380: Feb 09, 2014 01:04:55 pm
      Starting to really like the lad. Was never fully against him when he was sh*te because of his work ethic but he's starting to really do a solid job as a plug. If he continues to improve he could definitely have a future as a squad player.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #381: Feb 09, 2014 01:15:51 pm
      Everything seemed to click yesterday and Aly was no small part of it, made up for the lad.
      Gave him as much stick as everyone but he looked as tho' he's turned a corner.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #382: Feb 09, 2014 01:37:45 pm
      Put two good performances in now, hopefully we'll see more of the talent I heard so much about in his Lyon days. Still think the jury's out on him but much improved long may it continue.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #383: Feb 09, 2014 05:30:05 pm
      Probably his best game for us, still the worst of our starting XI though.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #384: Feb 09, 2014 06:56:51 pm
      Sorry for sounding a bit Dick Emery, but this lad is awful but I like him. He is one of the worst players IMHO to ever wear the shirt, but he is one of my favourite players in the team. I love the way he keeps going even after he's made a nonsense of it, I love the nonplussed expressions on the other players when he tries something and nobody really knows WTF he was actually attempting because it goes so wrong. I love watching opposition right wingers rubbing their ribs after Ally has inadvertently elbowed them there while trying an overhead kick, or their thigh when he's dead-legged em while he's falling over it. I love the look of sheer panic on his face when he bursts forward and suddenly realises that he's actually going to have to try and cross it on the run, and I love the fact that he got his first goal from a shot which was destined for the corner flag. I love it that he's actually got pace and when he tackles the buggers they stay tackled, I love it that when he heads it he invariably lands on the toes of the bloke he's competing against, again totally by accident. And I love the way he squared up to Wilshire, top man.

I bet he's a smashing fella too, Ally Cissoko, one of my favourite players.   
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #385: Feb 09, 2014 07:05:03 pm
      Sorry for sounding a bit Dick Emery, but this lad is awful but I like him. He is one of the worst players IMHO to ever wear the shirt, but he is one of my favourite players in the team. I love the way he keeps going even after he's made a nonsense of it, I love the nonplussed expressions on the other players when he tries something and nobody really knows WTF he was actually attempting because it goes so wrong. I love watching opposition right wingers rubbing their ribs after Ally has inadvertently elbowed them there while trying an overhead kick, or their thigh when he's dead-legged em while he's falling over it. I love the look of sheer panic on his face when he bursts forward and suddenly realises that he's actually going to have to try and cross it on the run, and I love the fact that he got his first goal from a shot which was destined for the corner flag. I love it that he's actually got pace and when he tackles the buggers they stay tackled, I love it that when he heads it he invariably lands on the toes of the bloke he's competing against, again totally by accident. And I love the way he squared up to Wilshire, top man.

Spell his sodding name right, then!

:D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #386: Feb 09, 2014 07:07:34 pm
      Haha sorry, not me strong point spelling  :lmao:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #387: Feb 09, 2014 07:10:10 pm

Hahahaha, have to remember this one for the funniest post of the year in the end of year awards
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #388: Feb 09, 2014 07:11:51 pm
      Haha sorry, not me strong point spelling  :lmao:

Don't have to apologise, everyone's spelt a player's name wrong at some point! I remember making a similar post years ago about Hyypia being one of my favourite ever players, then going back and seeing I'd always called him "Hyppia" instead!

Liked the rest of your post though, he certainly has a slapstick element to his gameplay! Just pleased to see his perseverance is paying off, and that he's improving.

Always seems to be one of the first to congratulate the scorer too, shows good team spirit.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #389: Feb 09, 2014 10:32:23 pm

:lmao: He's an example to us all!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,144 posts | 2777 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #390: Feb 09, 2014 11:15:29 pm
      Hands up who doesn't like him?

Go on admit it ye love him even though hes not great

Quick Reply