Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Aly Cissokho

Read 44038 times
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Re: Aly Cissokho Player Thread
      Reply #391: Feb 09, 2014 11:17:39 pm
      Hands up who doesn't like him?

Go on admit it ye love him even though hes not great

I like him now but only because he got in Wilshere's face sticking up for a teammate. As a defender I like him, he has made great strides. With the ball, I want to hide behind my couch in fear for what happens next.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #392: Feb 09, 2014 11:46:23 pm
      I like him now but only because he got in Wilshere's face sticking up for a teammate. As a defender I like him, he has made great strides. With the ball, I want to hide behind my couch in fear for what happens next.

Very true, with the ball he is X-rated, he makes Djimi Traore look like Pele. My favourite of his on the ball is when someone rolls it five yards to him and he immediately puts his foot through it and sends it back knee high and fizzing, like "Watchoo giving it to me for FFS? I don't want it!".

Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #393: Feb 10, 2014 12:37:41 am
      Very true, with the ball he is X-rated, he makes Djimi Traore look like Pele. My favourite of his on the ball is when someone rolls it five yards to him and he immediately puts his foot through it and sends it back knee high and fizzing, like "Watchoo giving it to me for FFS? I don't want it!".

He scares the sh!t out of me when he has time on the ball to think !
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #394: Feb 10, 2014 01:37:25 am
      Sorry for sounding a bit Dick Emery, but this lad is awful but I like him. He is one of the worst players IMHO to ever wear the shirt, but he is one of my favourite players in the team. I love the way he keeps going even after he's made a nonsense of it, I love the nonplussed expressions on the other players when he tries something and nobody really knows WTF he was actually attempting because it goes so wrong. I love watching opposition right wingers rubbing their ribs after Ally has inadvertently elbowed them there while trying an overhead kick, or their thigh when he's dead-legged em while he's falling over it. I love the look of sheer panic on his face when he bursts forward and suddenly realises that he's actually going to have to try and cross it on the run, and I love the fact that he got his first goal from a shot which was destined for the corner flag. I love it that he's actually got pace and when he tackles the buggers they stay tackled, I love it that when he heads it he invariably lands on the toes of the bloke he's competing against, again totally by accident. And I love the way he squared up to Wilshire, top man.

I bet he's a smashing fella too, Ally Cissoko, one of my favourite players.   

Fair play Mick.

Gave me a good laugh that, very true.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #395: Feb 10, 2014 03:18:59 am

Go on admit it ye love him even though hes not great

Yep, something about him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #396: Feb 10, 2014 07:53:48 am
      Goy to admit comical has grown on me. All very odd really as he still is not very good.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,340 posts | 1620 
      Reply #397: Feb 10, 2014 09:02:15 am
      He just could be one of those who turns it around massively :couch: ,still shut my eyes when he gets the ball though ,he wont take no sh*t thats for sure .
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #398: Feb 10, 2014 12:34:49 pm
      Goy to admit comical has grown on me. All very odd really as he still is not very good.

Comical Aly? I thought that was this guy.  :D

Might be slightly wrong though.  ;)

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #399: Feb 10, 2014 12:50:37 pm
      He had a good game and in fairness his last few have been alright too. Humble pie time. Keep going Aly!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #400: Feb 11, 2014 07:50:06 am
      Keep it going Aly. Love the way he slides in for that tackle. A few times I've almost closed my eyes when he's about to do it but he gets the ball all the time.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #401: Feb 11, 2014 08:03:26 am
      Aly is a good defender, in terms of defending I mean, not many get past him, he actually actively looks to stop crosses coming in the box, he's a big b***ard to play against.
      His problem is the other way, he isn't great on the ball and looks like a giraffe trying to run with one..
      Unfortunately in the managers system you have to be good going both ways..
      He has done ok recently and seems to be a popular lad in the dressing room, seems to love being here.

However I'd be surprised if we decided to activate the clause to keep him permanently 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #402: Feb 11, 2014 03:02:33 pm
      Ally?

Bit of the old Djibril Cisse /  Titi Camara / Babel   in him.

Aim for the corner flag and get a goal.
      Aim for the goal and get a corner flag.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #403: Feb 13, 2014 04:02:48 pm
      there was one moment I think in the first 20 minutes where there was an absolute ocean of space in front of him but he looked backwards and passed to Toure or whoever..... he's the only player I've yelled at to "F***ing run you dickhead" because I don't understand why he's just standing there. :P
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #404: Feb 13, 2014 04:10:57 pm
      Teams will continually do this as time goes on. Put their 10 outfield players on our other 9 and say to Aly, "Go on then big lad what you gonna do?". He has to find an answer to it, a "stock ball", a fall back position that he and everyone else on our team knows he's going to do and he has to make sure it's a percentage play. Whether that's just pinning his ears back and bombing forward into the space, aiming for the penalty spot and inviting the tackle, doing the same but going for the corner flag, hitting it long and diagonal to the corner of the box or whatever, he's got to have some sort of plan when teams do it to him.

Me? I'd take the first option. The bulldozer route. If they back off of him on purpose and invite him to run, then run. Don't go wide as you'll eventually run out of room, go straight for the penalty spot and have a game of chicken with the defenders. If they know he's gonna do it, Sturridge and Suarez can peel off and really give the fellas at the back a dilemma, while Gerrard tracks left for the inevitable moment Aly overruns it so as to cover for him. That's what I WOULDN'T want him to do if I was playing against him. Yes he's not going to dribble through, but as you tackle him not only could it ricochet anywhere but he'll probably do somebodies cruciate ligament by falling over and headbutting their knee or something.

That's the answer lad, run Aly run.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #405: Feb 13, 2014 04:26:55 pm
      It always happens when we're chasing games.  He always gets acres of space.  Team want him to have the ball when they're defending a result.  It frustrates me really.  Texeira came on the other day and had a good cameo the one thing he did was that he was sceptical to give to Cissokho, he was constantly looking for other options and he hardly passed it to him.  Because he slows down the momentum of our very talented and fast attack.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #406: Feb 13, 2014 09:27:12 pm
      My foul mouthed tirade's against him have certainly been restrained in the last few weeks. I see a player who is trying his hardest.

My conclusion is that I like him. I think he's done well the last few weeks, and last night was the best of our defenders. He's got nothing going forward, but hopefully a few more games will get him more comfortable.

As kingkenny says, he slows down the momentum of our play, so he's very much the ant-Rodgers player. I hope he continues to improve, but I don't think he's a long term viable option because his playing style is more in the traditional full back role rather than the advanced full back Rodgers likes.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #407: Feb 15, 2014 11:14:33 pm
      He's ok.....he picked Stevie's armband up when Gerrard pulled his shirt off to celebrate the winner at Fulham  ;)
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #408: Feb 17, 2014 11:18:37 pm
      Anyone seen in the first 10 or 20 min of the Arsenal game that he tried to attempt an alonsoesque pass but it came off as a complete an utter fail?

sums him up :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #409: Feb 18, 2014 07:45:20 am
      Share the sentiments of others, you can't help but like the lad. He looks overjoyed to be on the pitch and fights damn hard even though he's got a lot of limitations.

Comparable to a distant cousin who is slightly dim in the head that everyone in the family loves.

Decent defender, god awful in attack but he's trying his guts out. Go on Aly!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #410: Feb 18, 2014 07:50:01 am
      Agree mate. In all honesty, in defence he is actually pretty good by anyone's standards. I wouldn't even be averse to keeping him at the end of the season if the fee was a couple of mill or so. He's the type of fella who would be a decent squad player and wouldn't let you down (in the sense that you wouldn't expect much of anything off him).
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #411: Feb 18, 2014 10:09:18 am
      Can't argue mate. Doubt it'll happen because of Brendan's attack minded play and Aly not being strong in that area but to be fair, we're doing very well and he's apart of that so if he were to stay then I'm not bothered at all.

His square up with Wilshere was terrific. What in blazes is Jack going to do to him? :D None of the soft cu*ts in the Arsenal team would stand up for him vs Aly either.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #412: Mar 01, 2014 02:44:25 pm
      Aly Cissokho has said he has no regrets over moving to Anfield, despite being questioned otherwise.

Liverpool loanee Aly Cissokho has had a mixed time since joining Liverpool, but says he has no regrets.

He was asked in a slightly tongue-in-cheek manner whether he regretted swapping the sunny climate of Spain for the usually miserable English weather in an interview with French newspaper L'Equipe.

The full-back replied: "No regrets, none! (You can) say that it is less a holiday destination but I came for the job. And Liverpool is a legendary club, historical.

"On match days, the city lives for it, much more than anywhere else I've played.

"You feel that football is the heart of every home. The stadium is always full. The songs, the atmosphere is awesome. This is the Champions League every weekend."

That's a great way of putting it, and he had more to add:

"I had already played with Lyon at Anfield, but there it is totally different. To wear this red shirt during the "You'll Never Walk Alone" is an extraordinary thing to live! This song, it is known worldwide.

"Already as a kid, it had struck me. I watched the games and I thought it was beautiful. But I never imagined in being a player one day.

"The first time, I felt a lot of emotions. I thought about all those years when I was younger, these hours I put in to believe in my dreams. And I realise how lucky I am to be here."

But will Cissokho be around to play Champions League football for real next season?

That's a topic he did not address, simply stating that he was doing his utmost to help the Reds win every game and finish as high as possible.

"The first goal is to qualify for the Champions League. But we feel that something is happening. Fulham, we win at the last minute from the penalty spot. This may be the luck of the champion."

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/02/28/french-press-ask-aly-cissokho-if-he-regrets-liverpool-move-he-sa/?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #413: Mar 01, 2014 03:45:58 pm
      Bloody love the fella.

Quick Reply