Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Aly Cissokho

Read 44043 times
      JayC1560
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Re: Aly Cissokho Player Thread
      Reply #414: Mar 01, 2014 03:57:09 pm
      Love Aly, a few others could take note of his pride, enthusiasm and willingness when he puts on the red shirt. I hope he comes good and we eventually want to sign him, he is getting slightly better every week.

Remember this?  ;D
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #415: Mar 02, 2014 12:24:33 am
      Haha that was after we twatted the manc scum^^

If nothing else you know Aly gives100% and he has been improving since he's been here, been quite solid defensively in the last couple of games he played.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #417: Mar 02, 2014 01:49:24 am
      Great great interview. I gave him hellish criticism on here and yet in the last couple of months he's redeemed himself. Clearly he has his big shortcomings when he is on the ball but defensively he really shaped up and showed us why he has played at some top clubs the last few years. He's stepped up to the plate when we and he needed it and he's also proven him to be a class human being as well. Well in Aly.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #418: Mar 02, 2014 03:26:33 am
      Great interview ^^ Cissokho is an incredibly likeable fella
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #419: Mar 07, 2014 03:41:24 pm
      Was strangely disappointed with the alleged news we wont be keeping him on after the loan. He has grown on me this fella!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #420: Mar 07, 2014 04:04:01 pm
      Was strangely disappointed with the alleged news we wont be keeping him on after the loan. He has grown on me this fella!

As a depth signing, he's not terrible. Not a starter and useless going forward, but he's fairly solid as a defender and is reasonably good cover. We must definitely be in the market for a LB though based on Enrique's injuries and not picking up Aly's option.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #421: Apr 24, 2014 12:09:29 am
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #422: Apr 24, 2014 12:16:09 am

Can't help but love the fella though, despite the shortcomings he really does care and gives his best without complaint.

Would not mind having him on the bench next season.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #423: Apr 24, 2014 12:23:31 am
       :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #424: Apr 24, 2014 12:46:26 am
      Can't help but love the fella though, despite the shortcomings he really does care and gives his best without complaint.

Would not mind having him on the bench next season.

Agree. I thought he was a complete joke but then performances in February showed he was quite handy...albeit in an 'unconventional' manner!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #425: Apr 24, 2014 12:48:18 am
      If we win the title, all the players involved will forever have a place in my heart, no matter how small was the part they played in winning the trophy.

Take Djimi Traoré, for example. In truth, he's possibly the worst player I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt. But I loved the man! And he's an European Champion. No one will ever take it away from our Djimi!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #426: Apr 24, 2014 01:33:06 am
      If only Moses had shown half the effort Ally has, I doubt he'd be derided so.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #427: Apr 24, 2014 03:00:51 am
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #428: Apr 24, 2014 03:45:27 pm
      According to french site footmercato who interviewed him, he loves the club, accepts well to be on the bench, still hopes to stay and is "in talks about it" (his words), athough Liverpool not wanting to pay the 4m buy clause agreed upon when he was loaned may make Valencia prefer to sell him to an italian club (the surprising rumor is that the two Milan are said interested - perhaps purely defensive lb are more popular in Italy ?).

Seems there's a chance he'll stay if those italian offers don't materialize and we can have him at a bargain price (personnally I've nothing against if it's the case).

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #429: Apr 24, 2014 08:51:07 pm
      According to french site footmercato who interviewed him, he loves the club, accepts well to be on the bench, still hopes to stay and is "in talks about it" (his words), athough Liverpool not wanting to pay the 4m buy clause agreed upon when he was loaned may make Valencia prefer to sell him to an italian club (the surprising rumor is that the two Milan are said interested - perhaps purely defensive lb are more popular in Italy ?).

Seems there's a chance he'll stay if those italian offers don't materialize and we can have him at a bargain price (personnally I've nothing against if it's the case).

He wont stay, the fact he hasn't been involved much at all in the last 2-3 months is a good indication. Nothing against him because he does seem to genuinely want to give his all but just isn't really good enough. His game is probably more suited to an Italian team where it isn't played at as much of a high pace.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #430: Apr 25, 2014 01:29:12 am
      I'm pretty sure he's always been a huge Liverpool fan going on what he did in his Porto days.

(For those who don't know that was the match that Porto defeated Manchester United at Old Trafford in the UCL)
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #431: Apr 25, 2014 02:36:41 am
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #432: May 12, 2014 08:16:40 pm
      We've overlooked the performance of players from yesterday but to his great credit, I thought Cissokho was very good when he came on in place of Flanagan yesterday. Had a torrid time up until January (and it was pretty torrid!) but then found a patch of solid form in the games from Everton, West Brom, Arsenal and Fulham. Fair play to the guy and I wish him well in his future ventures!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #433: May 12, 2014 09:26:18 pm
      I liked Aly Cissokho. Maybe not so much as a player, though he was solid enough for a squad option, but just as a person. Seems a genuine fun guy to be around and to his credit he worked hard. Moses should've taken Aly as a lesson.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #434: May 12, 2014 10:59:46 pm
      Thanks Aly

Cracking fella, seemed to love it here.. Hope it all works out for him

Quick Reply