Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Will Hughes (Derby)

Read 15113 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Re: Will Hughes (Derby)
      Reply #23: Aug 21, 2013 10:45:48 pm
      This lad is going to be an absolute star. 6m and a loan back would be great business.

What position does he play Chats?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #24: Aug 21, 2013 11:18:52 pm
      This lad is going to be an absolute star. 6m and a loan back would be great business.

Would be a cracking deal. Good price and have him playing regular football.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #25: Aug 21, 2013 11:20:13 pm
      What position does he play Chats?

Attacking midfield or central midfield.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #26: Aug 22, 2013 12:18:29 am
      You did read that I wrote future in my post right?
      The future is only a second away mate ;D
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #27: Aug 22, 2013 12:25:41 am
      The Independent are suggesting we're on the brink of wrapping up a 10 million pund deal for the lad, am guessing that would be inclusive of various add ons and incentives plus he would play the whole of this season at Derby.

I just watched my first bit of footage and I have to say he looks a player, especially at 17. Great feet, quick, very comfortable on the ball and seems to be happy to make the tackles.

He didn't put a foot wrong in this game against Leeds.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VXLmFpGa4BM

I'm all for this type of transfer, always felt we were missing a trick when the likes of Spurs and Arsenal were buying up young Saints talent just as they were getting started and by the looks of things it's the only way were going to get these guys is by making the early move and stealing a march on the competition.

Move of a general clip here. I like him.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MDbL2qy8m6E

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2013 12:35:16 am by Scottbot »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #28: Aug 22, 2013 12:27:45 am
      Great that we are looking to the future but we need to be spending on players that help us immediately.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #29: Aug 22, 2013 12:33:16 am
      F***ing hell were signing Chesney from Coronation Street.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #30: Aug 22, 2013 12:37:18 am
      F***ing hell were signing Chesney from Coronation Street.

:D

This gave me a laugh as well.

@briankettle: Having sold some players without replacing them and loaned out others, quite inventive of #LFC to now buy a player and leave him where he is
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #31: Aug 22, 2013 03:19:00 am
      I have to say he looks a player, especially at 17.
      Just to clarify, he turned 18 in April. Still looks ok for an old man though. :)
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #32: Aug 22, 2013 07:57:28 am
      :D

This gave me a laugh as well.

@briankettle: Having sold some players without replacing them and loaned out others, quite inventive of #LFC to now buy a player and leave him where he is

That cracked me up as well! :-)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #33: Aug 22, 2013 08:22:21 am
      Would be really excited if we signed this lad, admittedly I haven't seen as much of him as I would have liked but I know a lot of people who have and they all say only good things about him.

I've seen quite a bit of him (on the football league highlights show) this past two seasons Diego.

From day one the pundits have been raving about him so you tend to take a wee bit more notice. To be honest, in my opinion, he has a lot of 'growing' to do [I don't mean physical btw; he's quite strong and tall]. The natural ability [control/technical ability] is there in spades and he seems to have a good brain [picks a nice pass/makes good runs] but is just lacking a bit of 'ring-craft' at the moment.

The Championship is full of good, seasoned pros, who know how to deal with up-starts so he'll learn quickly enough - loaning him back would be ideal, in my opinion.

In a lot of ways he puts me in mind of a German 'type' of midfielder - strong, athletic and skillful. Nurtured right; he will be a cracker.

I'll be well pleased if this one doesn't slip away.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #34: Aug 22, 2013 08:38:43 am
      Now this is a petfect signing in the fsg model.

Young, cheap and if he comes off could bring a huge profit very quickly
      ..within 2/3 years.

Low risk.....fantastic financial return potential.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #35: Aug 22, 2013 09:57:07 am
      So sick and tired of people saying that this is for resale. If he's good enough it will be the same stance we took with Suarez. Hughes can make an instant impact. He was playing for Englands U21 at 17 because he was better than the other 20 year olds. He has a similar playing style to Paul Gascoigne when he was a footballer. If Liverpool get, when Gerrard retires I would expect him to be first choice alongside Lucas. Barcelona are snooping around Hughes, that speaks volumes. When I see this kind of player at 6m. It shows that what was paid for Henderson was rediculous.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #36: Aug 22, 2013 10:13:22 am
      So sick and tired of people saying that this is for resale. If he's good enough it will be the same stance we took with Suarez.

The stance where we will sell Suarez that is?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: Aug 22, 2013 10:14:21 am

And for a  tidy profit.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38: Aug 22, 2013 10:23:49 am
      a decent prospect but not worth 6 million of anyones money even if we had shitloads of cash, mid table premier at best, really nothing special, only stands out because of his hair.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #39: Aug 22, 2013 10:27:58 am
      Brilliant lads...  :lmao:

It's too easy sometimes.
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #40: Aug 22, 2013 10:40:05 am
      So sick and tired of people saying that this is for resale. If he's good enough it will be the same stance we took with Suarez. Hughes can make an instant impact. He was playing for Englands U21 at 17 because he was better than the other 20 year olds. He has a similar playing style to Paul Gascoigne when he was a footballer. If Liverpool get, when Gerrard retires I would expect him to be first choice alongside Lucas. Barcelona are snooping around Hughes, that speaks volumes. When I see this kind of player at 6m. It shows that what was paid for Henderson was rediculous.

If he's as good as the hype suggests, then he would look to move soon enough to a team with title and CL ambitions, and who could blame him? Suits FSG's business model perfectly.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #41: Aug 22, 2013 11:04:00 am
      Youtubed him and he looks fairly decent. Good vision and not scared to attack. Maybe will end up in the mould of Michael Carrick when he's older. The fee is questionable in my opinion, but then again that's just me judging from a few youtube clips.

The big question is is he really what we need right now? What is the philosophy of this football club? Are we now building for the long term future so that in 3 or 4 years time we've got a brilliant crop of youngsters who are playing their trade in the first team? This could be a decent alternative to buying £30m players here and there, but if this is the case, let's not expect any silverware for a good while. Time is something we may have to accept

If we end up selling Suso I will be devastated. Still think the lads got what it takes to be a star in the making.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #42: Aug 22, 2013 11:39:51 am

Trying to think of the players we've sold that

a) wasn't instigated by the player.

Or

b) the player wasn't good enough.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #43: Aug 22, 2013 11:49:27 am
      Trying to think of the players we've sold that

a) wasn't instigated by the player.

Or

b) the player wasn't good enough.

No need to try 'berry... as that has absolutely nothing to do with what was being referenced. Keep up; it'll save you having to think or change the subject.

Edit: Will Hughes: a good player with great potential. He'll cost more in a couple of years (IMO); if we sign him and a team comes looking for him then [a couple of years]they'll have to pay us more, than we'll pay now, to get him. Just like Suarez in fact... (and just as Si and Blood were pointing out.)  8)

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2013 12:02:58 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #44: Aug 22, 2013 11:50:50 am
      No need to try 'berry... as that has absolutely F**k all to do with what was being referenced. Keep up; it'll save you having to think or change the subject.

Oh, wasn't that the inference being made?  My mistake, must have been another thread. :)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #45: Aug 22, 2013 12:02:08 pm
      Oh, wasn't that the inference being made?  My mistake, must have been another thread.

I can understand how it's hard to keep up and in trying to do so you tend to read stuff isn't actually there. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Quick Reply