Trending Topics

Will Hughes (Derby)

Read 15114 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Will Hughes (Derby)
      Reply #92: Sep 08, 2013 05:43:37 pm
      £6m - £7m it looked like a reasonable gamble. At £15m for a promising player from the Championship, with great potential, they're completely taking the piss.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #93: Sep 08, 2013 05:47:39 pm
      £6m - £7m it looked like a reasonable gamble. At £15m for a promising player from the Championship, with great potential, they're completely taking the piss.
      Absolutely crazy money Luke , i'd prefer to put faith in our own youths before lashing out that cash .
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #94: Sep 09, 2013 12:31:06 am
      Can you blame them?

Money is tight in the lower leagues and most clubs have little choice but to get everything they can for their players. Getting 15 million for a future star can mean the difference between challenging for promotion or staving off the bank manager.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #95: Sep 09, 2013 12:37:05 am
      Can you blame them?

Money is tight in the lower leagues and most clubs have little choice but to get everything they can for their players. Getting 15 million for a future star can mean the difference between challenging for promotion or staving off the bank manager.

No, good luck to them trying to get it, I just don't think anyone would pay that until they've seen how he comes on for another year at least. Plus how he performs against stronger clubs.

£15m gets you a massive amount of players, it's way too much to ask for someone unless they've shown immense potential and while he's clearly good, immense, not even close.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #96: Sep 12, 2013 12:29:12 pm

Quite right Luke.

The Metro have said "Liverpool value Hughes at around £6million, but would be prepared to go up to £10million as part of a package that would include bonuses if the player goes on to play for England at senior level."

That to me is a lot more realistic, it also alleviates any pressure on the young 'un coming in on a hefty price tag. Perhaps that's why Joe Allen has failed to deliver...he knows he ain't worth the £15M we shelled out for him.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #97: Sep 13, 2013 06:51:52 am
      I think Derby with their valuation are looking for a manager that is about to retire in the next couple of years that doesn't care how a young kid is going to develop in the next few years, cough...cough!

Quick Reply