Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Cost cutting? or Using money more wisely?

Read 17410 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Cost cutting? or Using money more wisely?
      Reply #115: Aug 22, 2013 12:44:38 pm
      Judging on the reduction of the wage bill, the lack of transfer funds from their own pocket and our league finishes under FSG, I would be inclined to call it cost cutting rather than using money wisely.

Using money wisely would be building a side to compete at the top end of the table and achieve the ambition of Champions League Football as John  Henry stated is our Ambition, without having an unsustainable wage bill and toxic debt.

Unfortunately despite John Henry's words,it looks were reducing the wage bill and marginally improving the squad which will possibly lead to us consolidating our position or being over taken.

Champions League ambition ??

Whats John Henry been smoking in Boston?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #116: Aug 22, 2013 02:47:23 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #117: Aug 22, 2013 05:48:29 pm
      Come off it lad; you're better than that and if not better you're surely more intelligent than that. All the quotes; all the evidence is there (both on the web and on here): surely you've read them? But, just in case you genuinely don't "understand"...

The FSG appointed DoF [Comolli] was in complete control of scouting and negotiations. He was supported fully and praised, by John Henry, for his work in that window. Kenny Dalglish may have said yes or no to players (players he believed had been scouted properly and would fit into his 'vision') but...

He had absolutely no say on how much FSG sanctioned their DoF to pay for those players. The fact that some still buy into the black propaganda that he did is, quite frankly, bewildering and scary in equal measures.

For FSG to penalise Brendan Rodgers for their mistake is wrong; no matter how anyone tries to dress it up.  >:D

Do we have to continually defend Kenny.Kenny gave the nod of approval and Comoli and Ayres decided the fee and the wage structure but don't let the facts get in the way of the truth or FSG antipropoganda against Kenny.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #118: Aug 23, 2013 02:00:39 pm
      Judging on the reduction of the wage bill, the lack of transfer funds from their own pocket and our league finishes under FSG, I would be inclined to call it cost cutting rather than using money wisely.

The one thing I'd add to that is that the money saved would be fine if it was invested back into the squad.
      So far, that hasn't been the case.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #119: Aug 23, 2013 02:09:20 pm
      The one thing I'd add to that is that the money saved would be fine if it was invested back into the squad.
      So far, that hasn't been the case.

Consequently FSG are cost cutting and not using the money more wisely, you have answered the question with which you opened the thread.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #120: Aug 23, 2013 02:17:58 pm
      Consequently FSG are cost cutting and not using the money more wisely, you have answered the question with which you opened the thread.

That might be true if it weren't for other variables, like the stadium refurb, which no-one seems to want to address.
      Money certainly has to be put aside for that as well.

The other side of the coin is that before rebuilding, you need to first strip the squad down.

So, we've seen very high earners removed, other high earners given improved contracts, younger players come in, fringe players who were never going to make it go out and their replacements are of better quality.
      They now need to step up and back the manager.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #121: Aug 23, 2013 03:11:34 pm
      That might be true if it weren't for other variables, like the stadium refurb, which no-one seems to want to address.
      Money certainly has to be put aside for that as well.

The other side of the coin is that before rebuilding, you need to first strip the squad down.

So, we've seen very high earners removed, other high earners given improved contracts, younger players come in, fringe players who were never going to make it go out and their replacements are of better quality.
      They now need to step up and back the manager.

Shouldn't the money have already been set aside for that, they were going on about new stadium or refurb of Anfield when they walked through the door, surely money should have already been budgeted for that.

They're doing things on the cheap and even Brendan can see it now.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #122: Aug 23, 2013 03:53:36 pm

One of Rodgers first pressers inferred this, I recall some members on the forum going apeshit because they thought Brendan was giving up already, this was always a three year (minimum) job in my eyes, and that was only if we got every window right. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #123: Aug 23, 2013 04:30:59 pm
      One of Rodgers first pressers inferred this, I recall some members on the forum going apeshit because they thought Brendan was giving up already, this was always a three year (minimum) job in my eyes, and that was only if we got every window right.

I think some members just look for excuses to go apeshit.
      You meet people like that in real life as well, people going round looking for something to take umbrage at.

Each to their own I suppose, but it bores the F***ing arse off me.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #124: Aug 23, 2013 08:18:08 pm
      I think some members just look for excuses to go apeshit.

F**k me the Irony.

Sorry couldn't resist. ;D
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #125: Aug 23, 2013 08:22:02 pm
      There's no reason why FSG can't come out and inform the fans about money being set aside for the stadium, if that's the case. They might feel that fans should stick to supporting the team, and stay out of the business side. That could be the reason for the deafening silence coming out of Boston.
      FSG should know better, especially considering the fans involvement in the removal of Tom and George.

FSG have 10 days left to convince me that they have the best intentions for our club. I won't be holding my breath!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #126: Aug 23, 2013 08:29:28 pm
      There's no reason why FSG can't come out and inform the fans about money being set aside for the stadium, if that's the case. They might feel that fans should stick to supporting the team, and stay out of the business side. That could be the reason for the deafening silence coming out of Boston.
      FSG should know better, especially considering the fans involvement in the removal of Tom and George.

FSG have 10 days left to convince me that they have the best intentions for our club. I won't be holding my breath!

No but transparency regarding the stadium progress (ahem) or otherwise shouldn't be too much to ask should it should it OR?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #127: Aug 23, 2013 09:10:25 pm
      I think their silence speaks volumes unfortunately. Could soon be time to dust off my Save LFC t shirt!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #128: Aug 23, 2013 09:21:26 pm
      They've earned £5m so far this window added to £90m commercial income and massive wage cuts of approximately £300k a week. How "using money more wisely" comes into the equation I've no idea.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #129: Aug 23, 2013 09:23:05 pm

What more do you want you've seen JWH and the lovely Linda once this year, what do you want updates?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #130: Aug 23, 2013 09:42:37 pm
      What more do you want you've seen JWH and the lovely Linda once this year, what do you want updates?
      Oh dear Lord no! They're far to busy counting money to converse with the common folk!!

Quick Reply