Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Adem Ljajic (Fiorentina)

Read 5130 times
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Adem Ljajic (Fiorentina)
      Aug 24, 2013 06:17:58 am
      Don't know anything about this guy, but it looks as though we might be preparing a bid to snaffle him from under the noses of AC Milan if the Express is to be believed. He does a good impression of Quasimodo after scoring, mind...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/424205/Liverpool-ready-to-compete-with-AC-Milan-for-Fiorentina-s-Adem-Ljajic
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Adem Ljajic (Fiorentina)
      Reply #1: Aug 24, 2013 06:39:08 am
      Would gladly overpay a couple million more just to make sure Fiorentina prefer only us, after their Montolivo episode with Milan
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Aug 24, 2013 07:17:36 am
      Fits in well.

Can play across the whole front line, good with both feet. Breakthrough season last year, there were talks of him leaving and of course his behaviour was questioned but he was great last season.

Good technical player, links well with those around him. The type of player Brendan likes.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,141 posts | 2777 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Aug 24, 2013 09:18:34 am
      How reliable is the source? Don't remember this lad at utd
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: Aug 24, 2013 09:20:26 am

About as reliable as any thin gin Her Majesty's Gutter Press.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Aug 24, 2013 10:12:41 am

As I replied to you other day Brian.

Then I'd go to Fiorentina and try sign Adem Ljajic (Striker) again I guess a £15m bid would be enough to do business.

I'd be really happy if we pulled this off, think he'd be a really good fit with what we have.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #6: Aug 24, 2013 01:20:38 pm

He "signed" for them at the same time Zoran Tosic did but never moved. He spent the season at his then club Partizan while he waited for a permit to move but that never came.

His move never eventuated after and he moved to Fiorentina.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,141 posts | 2777 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Aug 24, 2013 02:41:57 pm
      He "signed" for them at the same time Zoran Tosic did but never moved. He spent the season at his then club Partizan while he waited for a permit to move but that never came.

His move never eventuated after and he moved to Fiorentina.

Cheers pal. Would you share redbloods opinion on him?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #8: Aug 25, 2013 08:05:57 pm
      Cheers pal. Would you share redbloods opinion on him?

I've been saying he'd be worth a punt since midway through last season. He's a bit of a pr**k but he turned in to a very good player last term.

Him, Lamela and Muriel would make most sides in the world better.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #9: Aug 25, 2013 08:21:01 pm
      Apart from his attitude he's a very strong talent. Link up play is his best quality and he can play anywhere across the line. For the price he's probably the best available that fits into what we can afford. Still a bit of a risk because of the attitude but if handled right he's dynamic.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #10: Aug 25, 2013 08:48:42 pm
      The downside to him is he isn't overly pacey. So I don't know if BR would be that interested in him because I think he is looking for more pace in the team especially in attack on that left hand side.

However if we could line up with A new dimension of Suarez and Sturridge up top with Coutinho and Ljajic behind them and Lucas/Gerrard in behind as a 4-2-2-2 I think that would be deadly. All four of those attackers can move around, link up well and interchange as BR likes his attackers doing. Extremely versatile formation.

Anyways I'm going to leave this thread before i get excited. We never sign my favourite players. I look forward to Adem signing for another club and lighting up whatever league that is.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #11: Aug 25, 2013 08:56:13 pm
      The downside to him is he isn't overly pacey. So I don't know if BR would be that interested in him because I think he is looking for more pace in the team especially in attack on that left hand side.

However if we could line up with A new dimension of Suarez and Sturridge up top with Coutinho and Ljajic behind them and Lucas/Gerrard in behind as a 4-2-2-2 I think that would be deadly. All four of those attackers can move around, link up well and interchange as BR likes his attackers doing. Extremely versatile formation.

Anyways I'm going to leave this thread before i get excited. We never sign my favourite players. I look forward to Adem signing for another club and lighting up whatever league that is.

Any truth in the suggestion he doesn't want to leave Italy?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #12: Aug 25, 2013 08:59:10 pm
      He'll go wherever they offer him money. Just like 99% of footballers.

No Italian club will be in for him should he leave this window. Both Milans aren't in for players, Juve are sorted and Napoli have bought their attackers in his position.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #13: Aug 27, 2013 04:28:07 pm
      Liverpool target Adem Ljajic nears Fiorentina exit
      FIORENTINA president Andrea Della Valle has revealed that Adem Ljajic is almost certain to leave the club this summer.

Ljajic was left out of the Fiorentina squad to play Catania yesterday and while Della Valle denied it was as a result of the player's desire to leave, he did admit a departure is the most likely outcome.

Speaking to Mediaset Premium Della Valle said: “Nothing in particular happened even if the player is a bit nervous and the coach decided to leave him at home.

“There is nothing else to say. He will almost certainly leave Florence this transfer window."

Ljajic was set for showdown talks with Fiorentina on Friday where it is thought he reiterated his desire to leave.

Fiorentina had hoped Ljajic could be persuaded to sign a new contract with La Viola having impressed last term, scoring 11 goals in 28 appearances

Ahead of the Catania game Fiorentina coach Vicenzo Montella expressed his frustration at the situation, telling Gazzetta dello Sport: "I'm fed up with this situation.

"Adem has felt he has a point to prove ever since the second half of last season, but it's also true that his colleagues and fans have stuck by him. He has received his coach's backing, too.

"I don't have the time or desire to keep waiting, especially because the lad is not happy. So from my point of view, a coach's point of view, I'm going to do things my way.

"I don't know what the fans will think but it's fair that everyone feels how they want to feel. That goes for both fans and the players. Boos and whistles do not have the power to influence clubs, or players."

And with Fiorentina seemingly ready to move on Liverpool look set to compete with AC Milan, Atletico Madrid and Galatasaray to sign the Serbian international.

AC Milan are thought to be Ljajic's preferred destination but there are some doubts over whether Fiorentina would be willing to sell to a Serie A rival.

And while Della Valle refused to rule out selling Ljajic to Milan, the president hinted he would still prefer the player to move overseas.

He said: “We will never sell him to Milan? I never say never to any team.”

Daily Express
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #14: Aug 27, 2013 05:00:09 pm
      Just watched a few YT videos of him most of which seem to show him getting assaulted by his manager. Anyone know why?
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #15: Aug 27, 2013 05:21:18 pm
      Going/gone to Roma.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Aug 27, 2013 07:22:21 pm
      So definitely on the move then. Can see him sticking around Italy though.
      _Dimitri_
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #17: Aug 28, 2013 06:26:04 pm
      Signed for Roma
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #18: Aug 28, 2013 06:37:48 pm
      This thread can be closed 
      Its on the official Roma site, he signed for Roma A.S. and on the same Offal, it says  an agreement with spurs for Lamela was agreed 30M Euro

http://www.asroma.it/en/news/corporate_ljaji_and_lamela
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2013 06:44:23 pm by carragerrard »
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #19: Aug 28, 2013 06:40:32 pm
      11m euros....mega money there!!

Quick Reply