Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Victor Moses (Chelsea)

Read 25662 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Victor Moses (Chelsea)
      Reply #23: Aug 26, 2013 12:05:10 am
      he has in all fairness flopped for them.
      Fsg's computer analysers will deem him a wayward player that needs direction .
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #24: Aug 26, 2013 12:08:54 am
      I really feel that I've been as lenient to FSG as anyone but they really are testing me now and for any manager or scouting department to consult their 'Z list' after all what has gone on this summer is really taking the piss. Like you said it is desperately scary and its now come to the stage where I am questioning what FSG's real 'ambitions' for this club are. The cynicism has set in and sometimes it only takes a small story like this to throw me over.
      Come over to the dark side , you know you want to .
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #25: Aug 26, 2013 12:16:16 am
      Come over to from the dark side , you know you want to .

There, fixed that for you bigears.  8)
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #26: Aug 26, 2013 12:22:33 am
      There, fixed that for you bigears.  8)

I couldn't help myself BBB , Darth Vader was my favourite starwars character , but yeah you're right  FSG are the dark side . :)
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #27: Aug 26, 2013 12:42:26 am
      I think Tottenham have set a great example of how to do transfer dealings within the window. They've strengthened where necessary, done so early on, and have strengthened with quality in Capoue, Paulinho, Chadli, and Soldado. They are looking to get in Lamela and possibly another player to replace Bale. Whether they have or are spending that Bale money is irrelevant. The funds are available, and they are showing that they are not scared to spend whatever money is available to them.

Dealing in the transfer market is always going to be a huge gamble, especially if figures rise above Ā£20m. I can't quote word for word, but J.Henry said we would never be involved in risky spending again, and that I can see. Football is a gamble. Who would've thought that Veron would've been a flop for Manchester United? Who would've thought that Crespo, Shevchenko and Torres would've flopped for Chelsea? Who would've thought that Kaka would've failed at Madrid? These were supposed to be huge signings, and whilst they are very costly mistakes, these clubs have also spent big and reaped the benefits of doing so. Atletico bought Falcao for Ā£40m after selling Aguero. Was it risky? Absolutely. Did it pay off? Absolutely. Champions League football awaits them. Heck, Napoli have spent Ā£32m on Higuain!

We have the money. We are just too scared to spend it. The fact that FSG are intervening, opposed to giving Brendan full confidence, I find quite undermining. How much more can Brendan tolerate is the question..

Who dares wins, huh?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #28: Aug 26, 2013 12:44:57 am
      We have the money. We are just too scared to spend it.

Yep.

JW and Werner have sh*t themselves after the money Comolli spent during his time here.

Brendan is playing for it even though he is their first, only and best choice to manage this football club.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #29: Aug 26, 2013 01:02:37 am
      Right, Victor Moses. First things first, lets talk about the player. Ask any Chelsea fan who goes to the game and they absolutely love him as a player. Seriously, he's one of the most popular players they have. They all say that he gives 100%, has bags of talent and hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip. Whenever he comes on, he makes things happen. I agree with them and think he's a good player who has bags of physicality about him.

Do I think he'd be a good acquisition? Yes I do, and in fairness although I rate both Ibe and especially Sterling, it's comparing apples and pears to put either up against Victor Moses right now. He's been round the block as a pro, from Palace through Wigan then onto Chelsea for a biggish fee. He's got pace, power, strength and know-how, our two are only kids at the moment.

All that said though, there's no getting away from the fact here that Brendan is being made to shop in the bargain basement, through the soiled seconds of the football world. Not only is he being forced to go through the reduced for quick sale section, he's having to go cap in hand to the selling club and ask pretty please if we could do a "try before we buy" before we arrange a tick account. F*cking embarrassing it is, and although I like Moses as a player it's a disgrace.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #30: Aug 26, 2013 01:13:01 am
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #31: Aug 26, 2013 01:14:56 am
      We'll buy Moses alright. Don't you worry about that.

We'll just buy him in 50 easy monthly payments
      DaveMac82
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #32: Aug 26, 2013 01:17:16 am
      Some nutter on Twitter sending offensive tweets to Linda Pizzuti regarding a possible move for Victor Moses:

Linda Pizzuti ā€@Linda_Pizzuti 26m
      All caps tweets are often reasonable ā€œ@fcbarcatalunya: @Linda_Pizzuti SIGN MOSES AND I WILL CUT MY THROAT AND YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLEā€

this is disgusting this person does not represent the LFC family in any way and should be reported & banned from Twitter in my opinion.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #33: Aug 26, 2013 01:19:05 am
      Some nutter on Twitter sending offensive tweets to Linda Pizzuti regarding a possible move for Victor Moses:

Linda Pizzuti ā€@Linda_Pizzuti 26m
      All caps tweets are often reasonable ā€œ@fcbarcatalunya: @Linda_Pizzuti SIGN MOSES AND I WILL CUT MY THROAT AND YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLEā€

this is disgusting this person does not represent the LFC family in any way and should be reported & banned from Twitter in my opinion.

Sounds like a kid struggling with his hormones, just show him a picture of Chery Cole he'll be alright.
      DaveMac82
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #34: Aug 26, 2013 01:27:02 am
      Sounds like a kid struggling with his hormones, just show him a picture of Chery Cole he'll be alright.

The point is is that's she's actually reading these things, puts us in a bad light. People like that do not represent LFC & should be found & dealt with. You can't just go & Tweet something like that to Johns wife it's disgraceful.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #35: Aug 26, 2013 01:27:10 am

We just need some compromising pictures of Linda and our problems will be solved. No need for blackmail, I will be happy just looking at the pics.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #36: Aug 26, 2013 02:32:17 am

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/08/jose-mourinho-arsenal-liverpool-chelsea/?
      ā€œLiverpool has the history, the manager, the players but I donā€™t think Brendan has enough finances to make a big improvement to his squad,ā€ Mourinho added.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #37: Aug 26, 2013 02:54:03 am
      Holyshit that's better,for a minute I thought you said Joe Cole. :o
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38: Aug 26, 2013 03:57:04 am
      So we are letting Assaidi, and may be Ibe go on loan, and bringing in Moses??!! Hmmm, not sure if there is an upgrade in quality there..
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #39: Aug 26, 2013 04:20:23 am
      Don't rate him at all. I'd play sterling and Ibe over him.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #40: Aug 26, 2013 07:06:22 am
      Love Moses. He's a great player.

An added positive is that my son would be over the moon. He actually likes Chelsea.. because Moses plays for them!
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #41: Aug 26, 2013 08:03:22 am
      The point is is that's she's actually reading these things, puts us in a bad light. People like that do not represent LFC & should be found & dealt with. You can't just go & Tweet something like that to Johns wife it's disgraceful.

Yes, it is... But Twitter is all about that and if you look anywhere there are many more examples, most a lot worse. Remeber when we were all called internet terroists by our last owners..?

There would however be less of this if NESV actually put some fricking money up for players, did some solid business and stopped pissing about. From Willian to Costa to Mickthingie we end up with Moses, on loan. I can tell you who loans Chelsea players as first team players, West Brom - is that the height of our asperation under these owners..?
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #42: Aug 26, 2013 08:15:06 am
      can we get some stats please.?
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #43: Aug 26, 2013 08:47:48 am
      Oh dear no Moses hear...
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #44: Aug 26, 2013 08:54:19 am
      I think he could improve our first team for sure, more matured than Sterling and Ibe for sure. Could we get someone better, yes maybe someone like Lamela, but will he come, with the way our owners are penny pinching.. NO.

Would rather have him in the squad, yes we are all disappointed we haven't got a "marquee" signing, but I could see him doing pretty well here.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #45: Aug 26, 2013 09:36:32 am
      Positives:

1) He'll add depth
      2) He'll cost f**k all
      3) Look what we could do when Nuri Sahin didn't turn out well.

Negatives:

1) I don't see how he fits in unless there are injuries. We're still going for squad players then?
      2) Him costing f**k all will not matter to FSG, they'll just see it as another bum on a seat instead of seeing him as a bonus.
      3) Nuri Sahin.

Quick Reply