Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

If we don't spend any more money, what will happen this season?

Read 17016 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Re: If we don't spend any more money, what will happen this season?
      Reply #161: Jan 27, 2014 10:17:59 pm
      Tracked back to the opening post and to be honest there is no discussion involved.
      We have a squad stretched to the limit at this very moment with tomorrow's game being a decisive encounter with our bitter rivals from over the park, let's be honest the vast majority are concerned that in spite of our lofty position in the league we are in danger of being turned over by the hugely improved blueshite.
      We are in the same predicament with all of our rivals.....they have all improved their number while we are stretched to breaking point with no credible back up.
      Our owners are actively avoiding getting their hands in their pockets.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #162: Jan 28, 2014 12:16:32 am
      If we fail to add any quality players in what remains of this transfer window, then I feel we will fail to qualify for a Champions League position, which will be detrimental to the club.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #163: Jan 28, 2014 12:47:31 am
      Perplexed at best.

Massive misaglinment between what the fan's ambitions are and those of FSG.

We are in a steady position where we can challange for the title with the addition of 2-3 players (at least).

You would think investment would have been made at this point.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #164: Jan 28, 2014 12:58:06 am
      I think if we are going to invest right now then we have the problems;

It's mid season so availability is low except for those clubs with heaps of cash.
      Higher probability players will take longer to adapt than half a season. This depends on quality, experience (in the EPL and in general) which again narrows the field.

I think if we are going to buy now we need experience in a diminished role like DM. It is less likely of failure if we get an experienced DM because; we need one; the role probably doesn't rely as much as getting an understanding with the team as other roles; an experienced player will probably adapt straight away; they will cost f*all
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #165: Jan 28, 2014 01:02:07 am
      Who in Gods name is Ian Ayre to say Mo Salah is worth £11M but not a penny more?
      This club is a f**king joke. Only Brendan Rodgers should be making those calls. If the money was there to buy him for £14M two weeks ago and Brendan ok'd it that should have been that. F***ing lions lead by one big Eeyore f**king donkey in Mr Ayre.   

Please god if anyone is in this numb nuts vicinity  tonight give him f***in pelters he's a bawfaced stinking sack of monkey crap
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #166: Jan 28, 2014 01:20:43 am
      Who in Gods name is Ian Ayre to say Mo Salah is worth £11M but not a penny more?
      This club is a f**king joke. Only Brendan Rodgers should be making those calls. If the money was there to buy him for £14M two weeks ago and Brendan ok'd it that should have been that. F***ing lions lead by one big Eeyore f**king donkey in Mr Ayre.   

Please god if anyone is in this numb nuts vicinity  tonight give him f***in pelters he's a bawfaced stinking sack of monkey crap

Ayre is the f**king Del Boy Trotter of the transfer market mate.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #167: Jan 28, 2014 09:54:25 am
      I think if we are going to invest right now then we have the problems;

It's mid season so availability is low except for those clubs with heaps of cash.
      Higher probability players will take longer to adapt than half a season. This depends on quality, experience (in the EPL and in general) which again narrows the field.

I think if we are going to buy now we need experience in a diminished role like DM. It is less likely of failure if we get an experienced DM because; we need one; the role probably doesn't rely as much as getting an understanding with the team as other roles; an experienced player will probably adapt straight away; they will cost f*all

Not rocket science is it? Dabbling in the transfer market at this stage of the game is not ideal.
       JWH has with his refusal to invest in quality - any quality - backed the club into a corner.
       In fact our owners will not enter the transfer market when it is the best time to buy, to imagine they will do
       so now when our need is greatest is ludicrous. Not forgetting of course it is the steps instigated by FSG that
       are to blame for our predicament.
       Grit your teeth time.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #168: Jan 28, 2014 10:08:08 am
      Ayre is the f**king Del Boy Trotter of the transfer market mate.

He's not even that, Del Boy always closed deals out. :D
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #169: Jan 28, 2014 10:36:43 am
      Have reviewed the title of this thread and know the answer.

"What money".

What about the money we bid for Salah with?

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #170: Jan 28, 2014 10:41:38 am
      What about the money we bid for Salah with?

We spent that money well. ;)
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #171: Jan 28, 2014 02:08:36 pm
      If you don't speculate you will not accumulate.
      Our owners who insist the club must be run as a business, ignore a basic tenet of commercial enterprise.
      For what perverse reason would JWH ignore a fundamental rule that he is surely familiar with?

Answer: the described procedure involves individuals committed to ensuring the success of the product they have under their control, consequently JWH in refusing to follow a holy trinity of business practice displays he is neither committed or concerned about the success of LFC PLC.

Cue similarities with H&G discussion.     

Something i have been thinking about for over a year now mate. It's just that NESV have been more cunning than the previous owners. Doing it slowly and surely.

We are bang in the middle of a title race if we want to be. Regardless of our current League position we have picked up some long term injuries, that reason alone should be enough to invest.

My most pressing concern regarding NESV is this, do they want to be in a title race?

I'm thinking this Squad has progressed a little too quickly for their liking, i don't think they envisaged us being in this position so quickly NESV were not expecting this and were most certainly not expecting the requirement for funds for a title push.

I'm of the thinking they were of the opinion that this Squad wouldn't be in this position for another 2 seasons.

Well, like it or not we are in a position to push for the Title, we have City, Arsenal and Chelsea to come to Anfield. We've played the hardest games, a couple of additions to improve the first eleven and we could surprise everyone.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #172: Jan 28, 2014 02:12:05 pm
      Something i have been thinking about for over a year now mate. It's just that NESV have been more cunning than the previous owners. Doing it slowly and surely.

We are bang in the middle of a title race if we want to be. Regardless of our current League position we have picked up some long term injuries, that reason alone should be enough to invest.

My most pressing concern regarding NESV is this, do they want to be in a title race?

I'm thinking this Squad has progressed a little too quickly for their liking, i don't think they envisaged us being in this position so quickly NESV were not expecting this and were most certainly not expecting the requirement for funds for a title push.

I'm of the thinking they were of the opinion that this Squad wouldn't be in this position for another 2 seasons.

Well, like it or not we are in a position to push for the Title, we have City, Arsenal and Chelsea to come to Anfield. We've played the hardest games, a couple of additions to improve the first eleven and we could surprise everyone.

doesn't it look far more likely that they are positioning us for a sale .reducing wages improving partnerships and getting close to being succesfull just right for someone to come in and take us further.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #173: Jan 28, 2014 02:16:04 pm
      doesn't it look far more likely that they are positioning us for a sale .reducing wages improving partnerships and getting close to being succesfull just right for someone to come in and take us further.

I don't think they're anywhere near ready for selling Walton.  There is still a lot more value they can add yet, they aren't going to walk away with about half the money they could potentially get without needing to spend to get there.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #174: Jan 28, 2014 02:39:59 pm
      I don't think they're anywhere near ready for selling Walton.  There is still a lot more value they can add yet, they aren't going to walk away with about half the money they could potentially get without needing to spend to get there.

A sobering thought Debs, if FSG proceed to apply their prudent business ethic over another two year period LFC ironically will be bankrupt in footballing sense.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #175: Jan 28, 2014 02:50:28 pm
      A sobering thought Debs, if FSG proceed to apply their prudent business ethic over another two year period LFC ironically will be bankrupt in footballing sense.

I'm not so sure mate as I have faith in most of the players we have at present, I also have faith in Brendan to get the best out of the Academy.

The stadium redevelopment and regular CL participation is where the most value will be added and that's still a long way off.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #176: Jan 28, 2014 02:59:43 pm
      I'm not so sure mate as I have faith in most of the players we have at present, I also have faith in Brendan to get the best out of the Academy.

The stadium redevelopment and regular CL participation is where the most value will be added and that's still a long way off.

We can only hope mate, I too have faith in BR as I pointed out in the comment tho' if FSG are consistent and carry on as they have done BR's problems and the club's can only multiply.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #177: Jan 28, 2014 03:02:24 pm

Yes but it wouldn't be a long way off if they spent just £30-40 million in this window to ensure champions League. That would also make their asset, the club, far more valuable. I just don't get it from a business point of view unless the club's finances are far far worse than we realise.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #178: Jan 28, 2014 03:17:26 pm
      We can only hope mate, I too have faith in BR as I pointed out in the comment tho' if FSG are consistent and carry on as they have done BR's problems and the club's can only multiply.

There's talk doing the rounds today that they're not happy about deals not being done and players going to other Clubs, so maybe they might be looking at getting something done this window.

Yes but it wouldn't be a long way off if they spent just £30-40 million in this window to ensure champions League. That would also make their asset, the club, far more valuable. I just don't get it from a business point of view unless the club's finances are far far worse than we realise.

Don't know how reliable the information is but some are saying we're not far off breaking ffp rules with our spending for this year, so there's no way they'll risk spending then get our CL place taken off us for breaking the rules.

You know how much the authorities like to f**k LFC over so it's beyond reason they won't take the risk.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #179: Jan 28, 2014 03:30:13 pm
      There's talk doing the rounds today that they're not happy about deals not being done and players going to other Clubs, so maybe they might be looking at getting something done this window.

Don't know how reliable the information is but some are saying we're not far off breaking ffp rules with our spending for this year, so there's no way they'll risk spending then get our CL place taken off us for breaking the rules.

You know how much the authorities like to f**k LFC over so it's beyond reason they won't take the risk.

surely with the extra revenue from these deals we can afford to spend more and the fact the wage budget has been hammered lately we should have room for manoeuver   
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #180: Jan 28, 2014 03:34:15 pm
      surely with the extra revenue from these deals we can afford to spend more and the fact the wage budget has been hammered lately we should have room for manoeuver   

Like I said mate I've no idea how reliable the information is but the CL money doesn't get paid until we're actually in it and our accounting period is June to June.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #181: Jan 28, 2014 03:34:30 pm

The only thing with these deals is we have no idea how quickly they accumulate into spendable revenue. A 20m total deal could be paid out over the course of 5 years, for example.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #182: Jan 28, 2014 04:14:23 pm
      The fear now if we don't spend is we just don't have the bodies. Utd aren't gone away and Mata will revitalise them. Were probably going to be in a war with them Everton and Spurs for 4th and we might not have the soldiers for the battle
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #183: Jan 28, 2014 04:45:05 pm

Like the Ayres situation I doubt there's many aspects about 'missed deals' and player loans FSG don't directly influence.
      The implication is that all this stuff is being facilitated with little input from them, the very idea is of course laughable.
      Coincidentally the rumour circulating comes before a game of such importance it could have a bearing on our eventual CL qualification.

If we win all well and good - struggle on.
      If we lose - struggle on but if FSG had been told the issues they instigated were affecting the team (so they didn't need telling) things may have been different.
      Either way nothing will be done, nothing can be done conveniently enough with the transfer window slammed shut.
      So once again FSG are as useful as a fart in a bushfire. 

« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2014 08:51:45 am by stuey »

Quick Reply