Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      1 (0.9%)
      Johnson
      2 (1.8%)
      Toure
      3 (2.6%)
      Cissokho
      1 (0.9%)
      Wisdom
      0 (0%)
      Alberto
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      8 (7%)
      Allen
      1 (0.9%)
      Sterling
      14 (12.3%)
      Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Sturridge
      71 (62.3%)
      Agger (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho (Sub)
      1 (0.9%)
      Henderson (Sub)
      12 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Liverpool 4:2 Notts County. In game & post match discussion.

Read 25111 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Notts County (League Cup Rd2)
      Reply #437: Aug 28, 2013 12:59:52 am
      I only got to see the extra time where we pretty much defended deep after Kolo went off and hit them on the break. Enjoyed Hendo goal which was great individual effort and quick thinking to ding the ball by the defender and slot it home.

Disappointing to hear Allen got hurt, was hoping that this year he would shake off the expectation of the big money move and show us something good in the middle of the park.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #438: Aug 28, 2013 02:03:05 am
      If I hadn't been tippin a few beers back, this game would have been a lot harder to watch.  Brendon made some great subs, did the best he could.  But the younger players on the pitch in my opinion kind of let off a bit thinking they had it in the bag. Not only the younger players but the whole team!!!  Ive seen us do this in the past, playing to their level instead of ours.   It wasn't until the second half of ET that we started playing like Liverpool again after the first half..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #439: Aug 28, 2013 02:32:53 am
      Only got to watch the highlights. What a run and shot by Hendo. Maybe this will put a bottle rocket up his arse and he'll start scoring more. Hope so, we need it.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #440: Aug 28, 2013 02:56:27 am
      Wasn't able to watch, but I was pretty devastated when I read the news about Toure. That sucks so much. A win is a win of course, but I just hope we didn't pay to heavy a price in terms of injuries.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #441: Aug 28, 2013 03:21:19 am
      Wasn't able to watch, but I was pretty devastated when I read the news about Toure. That sucks so much. A win is a win of course, but I just hope we didn't pay to heavy a price in terms of injuries.

Ally, Allen, and Toure, Loan, Waste of money, and free transfer.  Not worried, but makes me think FSG better open the check book this weekend...
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #442: Aug 28, 2013 05:10:15 am
      Good result. We just went the wrong way about getting it.

have.to.kill.teams.off.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #443: Aug 28, 2013 06:20:49 am
      I honestly never saw that second half collapse coming. Usually you get a couple of warning signs that a games not over, but N.County looked dead and buried at half time. I thought (as apparently did our players) that it was just a case of how many goals we scored :(

Little worried now that we have a few players that can't handle a pressurized game or 90 minutes football. Thankfully they were more tired than we were in extra time .

Went for Sturridge as m.o.t.m, not a lot of other options really.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Re: Liverpool 4:2 Notts County. In game & post match discussion.
      Reply #444: Aug 28, 2013 08:47:58 am
      I thought Alberto had a good game, tried to create something every time he had the ball and tried to bring other players into play.

I was more concerned at how sloppy we looked in the last 20 mins and I include Gerrard and Coutinho! Johnson did well getting forward, but at times looked a bit shaky when having to defend.

Sturridge, Sterling and Henderson all had good games and did very well. Also thought Notts County's equaliser was a very good goal, great movement  and just literally passed it around us.

I personally wouldn't have played so many first-teamers tonight, but maybe a sign Brendan wants to take the competition seriously.

Anyway good nights entertainment, six goals in the game, we got the win...eventually and into the next round.

Maybe the manager sees this as the clubs most accessible path to Europe, top flight teams will indeed use second choice players in this tournament making progress a less daunting prospect.
      You get what you pay for and the owners have earned a second rate European competition at best, providing the skeleton squad is up to the job.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #445: Aug 28, 2013 09:09:23 am
      I honestly never saw that second half collapse coming. Usually you get a couple of warning signs that a games not over, but N.County looked dead and buried at half time. I thought (as apparently did our players) that it was just a case of how many goals we scored :(

Little worried now that we have a few players that can't handle a pressurized game or 90 minutes football. Thankfully they were more tired than we were in extra time .

Went for Sturridge as m.o.t.m, not a lot of other options really.
      I don't think any of us saw that second half collapse coming,I still can't work out how we fell apart.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #446: Aug 28, 2013 09:49:08 am
      I don't think any of us saw that second half collapse coming,I still can't work out how we fell apart.

We didn't kill them off, they had a chance and took it from there, their tales were up.

The warning signs were there against Stoke and Villa even.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #447: Aug 28, 2013 10:15:41 am
      Phew...we're into the next round.

Did it the hard way again but got there in the end.

Thought after Raheem got that first goal that he would kick on but thought he was disappointing after that and a bit of a hog to be honest. At the time I didn't think it was right but he did very well when he moved to RB so happier with his performance in the end.

Gutted with the injuries. Hopefully Kolo gets back soon and Daniel is right to play on Saturday.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #448: Aug 28, 2013 10:20:43 am
      almost had a heart attack when Sterling went to right back, but to be fair he did okay, we saw the problem with the system we played with the 2 goals, they got a lot of space out wide and it was very similar to the way that the like of Ajax and Barcelona concede goals with crosses and passes from one side to the other constantly catching them out. worried about Stevies legs which seem to be on the way out, not sure that with Lucas there are enough legs in the middle.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #449: Aug 28, 2013 10:26:12 am
      They are showing the replay in 'bout 40 mins.  thank you TenAction. Would have shown this game live had it not been to that arse cl game.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #450: Aug 28, 2013 11:37:24 am
      3 wins in 3 games.

Good enough for me.
      Good enough, really?? We struggled against an injury ravaged sh1te league 1 team. It was bloody embarassing! We were outstanding in the 1st half but whatever Brendan said at half time didn't work, his half time team talks must be something special becuase in each of the 3 games we have been markedly worse 2nd half than 1st. Is he telling them all to just give up take it easy in the second half and make it entertaining for the opposition fans becuase that's what's happening. Its a very worrying trend. All those players yesterday need a huge kick up the arse and if I never saw Sterling in a red shirt again it would be to soon, he is one useless lazy player although I will admit he did ok'ish filling in as a defener although he nearly gave away a penalty.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #451: Aug 28, 2013 11:41:01 am
      We need to finish these teams off, but also make sure we dont take the foot off the pedal.  We have a tendency to do that and had this been last season, we would of ended up losing.  But there seems to be a togetherness more than there was last year.  We worked as a team in extra time and finally got the job done.  We are creating so many chances though again this season, just need to put them away.  Defence needs to improve a hell of a lot though, conceding goals or penalty's at set pieces is not good.

But a win is a win, 3 wins on the bounce now.

And Sturridge is looking good, confidence is high. 
      fitzystyle
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #452: Aug 28, 2013 12:27:54 pm
      wasn't impressed with sturridge yesturday he should of had 5 not 2 
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #453: Aug 28, 2013 02:11:50 pm
      Did anyone else find the officials absolutely awful yesterday?

Notts County players got away with snapping our players without punishment until mid way through the second half, Blatant penalties were not given,  Cynical fouls brought no cards, they disallowed a perfectly good goal and the one that got me the most, so much that I couldn't stop laughing was when County took a quick free kick in their own half, realised they had a bit of pressure on them so simply picked the ball up and retook it again whilst the ref watched on.

Embarrassing display from the ref.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #454: Aug 28, 2013 06:32:15 pm
      wasn't impressed with sturridge yesturday he should of had 5 not 2 
      this isn't the knee jerk thread :)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #455: Aug 28, 2013 09:42:00 pm
      Good enough, really?? We struggled against an injury ravaged sh1te league 1 team. It was bloody embarassing! We were outstanding in the 1st half but whatever Brendan said at half time didn't work, his half time team talks must be something special becuase in each of the 3 games we have been markedly worse 2nd half than 1st. Is he telling them all to just give up take it easy in the second half and make it entertaining for the opposition fans becuase that's what's happening. Its a very worrying trend. All those players yesterday need a huge kick up the arse and if I never saw Sterling in a red shirt again it would be to soon, he is one useless lazy player although I will admit he did ok'ish filling in as a defener although he nearly gave away a penalty.

In fairness, 'embarrassing' ?
      We did WIN the game.
      Can't whip teams every week, even the slightly crappier ones. Some matches will be a slog. We went down to 10 men and won it with some touches of class and determination.
      3 wins from 3. As Alan Partridge would say, 'back o the net' !
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #456: Aug 28, 2013 09:50:57 pm
      Utd away next. Couldn't ask for a harder draw but F**k it, lets take them. They'll hate the draw too.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #457: Aug 28, 2013 09:54:58 pm
      In a pub, my new local, full of neutrals and one not so neutral Everton fan, they enjoyed the second half far more than I did. But I made some new friends, downed a few bevvies and I think I'll need to rewatch this one at some point.

New local eh...hope it works out. Finding a good one can be hard. I've moved around a bit, but I remember when I lived in town watching the Liverpool/Newcastle match, the 4-3 one when Keegan slumped over the hoarding, in a great local, which had super pints. Ah, twas the perfect storm :)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #458: Aug 29, 2013 02:19:43 am
      this isn't the knee jerk thread :)

Though the poster may belong in a similar thread, just remove the reference to the patella.  :)
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #459: Aug 29, 2013 02:47:05 am
      Couldn't watch the game nor the highlights, but sounds like another second half dip. Shows great character though that we scored twice with 10 men.

How did Mignolet play? Was he at fault for the goals?

Quick Reply