Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      10 (5%)
      Johnson
      17 (8.5%)
      Enrique
      3 (1.5%)
      Agger
      3 (1.5%)
      Skrtel
      63 (31.5%)
      Lucas
      9 (4.5%)
      Henderson
      58 (29%)
      Gerrard
      10 (5%)
      Coutinho
      2 (1%)
      Aspas
      0 (0%)
      Sturridge
      25 (12.5%)
      Sterling (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Alberto (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Wisdom (Sub)
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Liverpool 1:0 Man Utd, In game and post match euphoria.

Read 41251 times
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Re: Liverpool 1:0 Man Utd, In game and post match euphoria.
      Reply #621: Sep 02, 2013 10:27:11 pm
      Looking good so far and a fabuloso result yesterday.  Skrtel was amazing, but a great team performance.  Utd fans will have at least one eyebrow raised after that.  ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #622: Sep 02, 2013 10:33:40 pm
      I think he ghosted Kenny's second biography? Or maybe not?

Definitely did Gerrard's autobiography.

Not sure - remember reading it a long time ago (like 20+ years). Haven't checked so assume you're right.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #623: Sep 02, 2013 11:38:26 pm
      Still buzzing from yesterdays match and our current position at the top of the EPL summit! Voice is completely fooked! Best atmos at Anfield in a good while!

And we even brought in a few more players today so it's not been a bad couple of days all told.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #624: Sep 03, 2013 12:30:22 am
      Still buzzing from yesterdays match and our current position at the top of the EPL summit! Voice is completely fooked! Best atmos at Anfield in a good while!

And we even brought in a few more players today so it's not been a bad couple of days all told.

I'm still buzzing as well.

Btw.. did anyone catch the part near the end of the game when de gea and rio had their 'stellar' passing display with the former ultimately kicking it out of bounds for our throw in... did anyone notice how the fans behind the keeper burst out in noise suddenly?  pretty much took de gea by surprise.... camera then shows de gea looking back wondering what the heck just happened?

anyways.. priceless!
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #625: Sep 03, 2013 05:32:19 am
      Hendo is growing into a Top player! Lucas is back to his form Pre-injury; he is boss!
      Skrtel muzzled little RVP who was left frustrated. Funny to watch that little ex-Arse bi*ch and moan...
      The lads showed commitment and hunger to succeed.
      Well done!
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #626: Sep 03, 2013 06:37:48 am
      Made Skrtel my MOTM on Sunday wonderful result arguing with the entire pub full of Mancs about Fergie time Van Persies kick that nobody else saw before the shove on Dan I think it was ,going nuts at Valencia picking the ball up after he was caught in  the eye by Sterling their backroom  guys trying to treat him on the pitch who`s the f***in referee I was asking not one reply.
      As for the goal touched the ceiling when it went in which is some doing for a guy 20 stone and a 14 foot ceiling happy doesn't come close.
      Well done to Brendan and the boys, Shanks would be awfi proud ,  just think Aspas ,Countinho and Sterling need to bulk up a bit and get a lot smarter which will come with time , well chuffed.

YNWA
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #627: Sep 03, 2013 08:40:11 am
      What a great day! Nothing like beating the mancs is there?!

Don't think we played our best to be honest, especially 2nd half. Maybe it was our tactics to sit back, I dunno, but we certainly were not creating. Hendo & Sturridge were fantastic, as were our CBs.

Perfect start in the league, onwards & upwards. :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #628: Sep 04, 2013 12:19:53 pm
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Winter

You were all right. Learn something every day.

Henry Winter (born 18 February 1963) is an English sports journalist, currently football correspondent of The Daily Telegraph.

The younger brother of Muslim scholar and academic, Timothy Winter[1] Henry attended Westminster School and Edinburgh University.

After graduation, he spent a year producing a magazine on sport in London. He then joined The Independent newspaper at its launch, writing a sports and schools column.[2] Winter moved to The Daily Telegraph in 1994.[2] During the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany, he gave a daily webcast on the World Cup in general, with specific information on the England team. Winter often takes part in television discussions, including Sky Sports Sunday Supplement, and radio including BBC Radio 5 Live.

Winter formerly wrote a column for Four Four Two magazine.

He ghost-wrote the autobiographies of Liverpool FC players Kenny Dalglish, John Barnes and Steven Gerrard.[2]

[3] Winter also co-wrote the book FA Confidential with former FA Chief Executive David Davies. He is a trustee of the African social enterprise Alive & Kicking, which manufactures footballs in Kenya and Zambia.

Winter has a lyrical writing style but has been criticised [4] for egregious and frequent malapropisms, including repeated misuse of the word "enervated".

In 2012 Winter was named among the top 10 most influential sportswriters in Britain by the trade publication, UK Press Gazette. [5]

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #629: Sep 10, 2013 06:56:25 pm
      Just found out my boss had 2 tickets for the game and didn't use them  :f_steam:  He didn't even give them to mates.  Told him let me know next time, no way I'd turn free tickets down  :D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #630: Sep 10, 2013 07:26:27 pm
      Just found out my boss had 2 tickets for the game and didn't use them  :f_steam:  He didn't even give them to mates.  Told him let me know next time, no way I'd turn free tickets down  :D

What a plank! :roll:

But nice bit of inside information for you in the future! ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #631: Sep 10, 2013 07:30:01 pm
      Last time I checked, if a player picked the ball up it is handball and a free kick given to the other team. So how come when Valencia decided to stop play, a considerable amount of time AFTER getting a finger in the eye and this was not the case?

Loved how Evra was largely at fault for the goal to by not marking Sturridge properly!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #632: Sep 10, 2013 08:58:59 pm
      What a plank! :roll:

But nice bit of inside information for you in the future! ;)

He took me to the Anzhi game last season Ayrton but the scum would have been a nice one to go to and I'm sure I could have found someone to go with me  ;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #633: Sep 11, 2013 03:06:33 pm

I'd sack him Debs.
      Gross Misconduct.
      Your Emotional Feelings

Your Human and Divine Rights to see the Reds.

;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #634: Sep 11, 2013 03:19:41 pm
      I'd sack him Debs.
      Gross Misconduct.
      Your Emotional Feelings

Your Human and Divine Rights to see the Reds.

;D

Yeah I need to have serious words with him about future unused tickets Skip.  Now I don't work weekends for him he really should know I'd take them off his hands  ;)

Quick Reply