Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      10 (5%)
      Johnson
      17 (8.5%)
      Enrique
      3 (1.5%)
      Agger
      3 (1.5%)
      Skrtel
      63 (31.5%)
      Lucas
      9 (4.5%)
      Henderson
      58 (29%)
      Gerrard
      10 (5%)
      Coutinho
      2 (1%)
      Aspas
      0 (0%)
      Sturridge
      25 (12.5%)
      Sterling (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Alberto (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Wisdom (Sub)
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Liverpool 1:0 Man Utd, In game and post match euphoria.

Read 41605 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Liverpool 1:0 Man Utd, In game and post match euphoria.
      Reply #529: Sep 01, 2013 05:53:37 pm
      Missed this match for the first time in YEARS so I'll catch as much coverage as I can later. Needless to say I'm delighted!

Feint Zebra posted an animated gif of the goal on Twitter and I've watched it 10+ times already. What makes it sweeter is that that little c**t Evra tried to shove Danny into the net, lost him and was punished with a goal  >:D :laugh:
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #530: Sep 01, 2013 06:01:43 pm
      veryyyyyyyy..happy ...the team played very well
      I can`t remember when last did we win a game  against Unt  with a clean sheet  well done.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #531: Sep 01, 2013 06:07:43 pm
      A great win. In previous seasons we would have lost that 2  1. Dont know why the ref didnt send off either Cleverly or Carrick. Professional fouls all over the place.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #532: Sep 01, 2013 06:11:26 pm
      I feel almost physically aroused. We have got such a great attitude this year and I have never seen Stevie G so fired up as he has been this season. Might be an idea to dispense with the defending a lead now boys, you've proved you can do it ;D. Let's win a few by three of four eh? YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #533: Sep 01, 2013 06:17:42 pm
      Excellent result, we aren't playing that well, yet we are grinding out results game after game and against good sides, this is the stuff of champions, or at the least a top 4 team  :)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #534: Sep 01, 2013 06:18:36 pm
      Like the Liverpool of  yesteryear? We can live in hope...

Sorry mate not us, but taken from the Gooners.

One Nil to the Arsenal at Old Trafford
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #535: Sep 01, 2013 06:19:09 pm
      Thought Johnson was defensively outstanding today, putting decent challenges in everywhere. Not something we see too often from the lad an I hope his injury isn't too bad, great display.
      4EVER_RED_2003
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts |
      • IBWT
      Reply #536: Sep 01, 2013 06:24:21 pm
      A great win.

my concern was our weak bench today - Jones, Sterling, Ibe, Alberto, Kelly, Flanagan, Wisdom. Wisdom did well, Sterling did not do well, alberto had little time to show his abilities.

i think our depth is very good after the trio deals, remember we are not in europe so we dont need the same kind of depth as our rivals this season for top four place. Our starting 11 when suarez returns can compete with any side in PL in my opinion. Quality of cover now looks very good as well.

Next match our bench will probably look like:
      Jones, Sakho, Illori, Widsom, Moses, Alberto, Sterling

When Suarez, Toure, Allen return:
      Jones, Sakho, Illori, Skrtel, Moses, Allen, Aspas ////////////unused- Sterling, Alberto, Ibe, Borini, Kelly, Wisdom, Flanagan

The only major concern is cover for Mig...which could be solved with arrival of shay given.
      If Moses do a sturridge, we will achieve more than just a top four spot.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #537: Sep 01, 2013 06:30:26 pm
       A GREAT WIN
      And to top up a great day on Shankly's  100th birthday>>

Brendan Rodgers confirmed after Liverpool's victory over Manchester United that Victor Moses, Mamadou Sakho and Tiago Ilori were set to sign on Monday.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8901575/brendan-rodgers-hoping-liverpool-sign-victor-moses-mamadou-sakho-and-tiago-ilori

Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Re: Live: Liverpool vs Man Utd
      Reply #538: Sep 01, 2013 06:31:27 pm

Win without new recruits, Priceless. :D

Can't see Bruno Mars adding much presence to the defence  :f_tongueincheek:
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #539: Sep 01, 2013 06:46:54 pm
      F***ing made up! So happy! So proud of the Redmen on the field today. Was always going to be a difficult game. Have to say, United were poor but we played brilliantly. I just want to kiss Sturridge. Took his goal well after the flick on from Agger. Skrtel played well, Gerrard was immense, Mignolet was solid and we won. Made up!
      HKIred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 751 posts | 34 
      Re: Live: Liverpool vs Man Utd
      Reply #540: Sep 01, 2013 06:48:10 pm
      Can't see Bruno Mars adding much presence to the defence  :f_tongueincheek:

I bet he is Grenade  :D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #541: Sep 01, 2013 08:27:49 pm
      I had Johno for MOTM personally, thought he was immense before the injury
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #542: Sep 01, 2013 08:48:39 pm
      Thought Skrtel was brilliant today. Definitely worthy of MOTM for me.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #543: Sep 01, 2013 08:55:11 pm
      Just got back.....Skrtel was immense, Stevie was superb. overall though Hendo gives us something in these games that you need an engine, and desire and a bit of talent too - he is getting better.
      Unsung hero Lucas did ok as well.

Oh and I f**king love Danny Sturridge
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #544: Sep 01, 2013 08:55:54 pm
      We battled hard for that and took the 3 points off the champions..can't ask for anymore..
      Thought Lucas Gerrard and Henderson all played brilliantly..hasslin Giggs ,RVP, Cleverley and Carrick whenever they got the ball causing them all sorts of mistakes , so much so that they all saw yellow..
      Thought the ref had a good game today doing his best to allow the game to flow , saying that it was stop start stop start sort of game..
      Sturridge lead his line well and just needs that support within 5-10 yds whenever he receives the ball..Aspas & Coutinho couldn't provide that today and thats why as the game wore on our best chances were gonna come from set plays..Even when Sterling came on we didn't look like threatening their back four..something Suarez gives us the edge with.
      Thats my only gripe from a great performance by all the lads...Skrtel was ace , Agger looked more powerful, Johnson was solid.
      A couple of seasons ago we would've lost that lead when the likes of Henandez or Nani came on for the last 15 but we held solid today and played with confidence in and around our box in defence, however when we did attack,especially second half, we ran down blind alleys..in other words we didn't test De Gea enough at all..
      Still made up though !!.
      3 points
      TOP OF THE LEAGUE !!
      BACK OF THE NET !!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #545: Sep 01, 2013 09:10:23 pm
      Well what can I say.....I am absolutely buzzing from that game today, haven't felt that much energy from the Kop especially near the end, it was truly electric, it was a very special place to be today.

How many times have the mancs come to Anfield and we've played them off the park and they've gone away with all three points cos they've scored a jammy goal right near the end - not today - today was our day.

We were superb in the first half hour or so, just like at Villa last week and against Stoke too, but we need to close teams down and finish them off, we got a bit sloppy in midfield and let them in, fortunately, we have a pretty solid defence and a superb keeper and a finisher in Sturridge that's the best of the bunch at the moment, what a way to celebrate your birthday with a goal against the League Champions  ;D

Wonderful day with it being Shankly's 100th Birthday Celebrations, the mosaic on the Kop was brilliant and the atmosphere was marvellous.

Loved every minute of today from the journey on the coach to Liverpool, Bouncing in the Park Pub, getting a fantastic Shankly brochure souvenir, the game itself and seeing Jimmy Case after the game who was buzzin as much as me  :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: This is what supporting LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB is all about  :aaliverpool2xt1:

Bring on the Swans - you're next to feel the might of LFC  8)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #546: Sep 01, 2013 09:25:18 pm
      Went for Glen today - we were all raving about him watching the game.

Sure he can be frustrating - but he's a quality footballer when he's on.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #547: Sep 01, 2013 09:26:51 pm
      What a game!!!  So entertaining to watch, and what a result to keep our run going!!

Thought BR got everything right today.  Picked the right 11 and tactics, then he got his subs and tactical changes right as he countered Moyes' switches perfectly.  I particularly thought the move to bring on Sterling and move Coutinho up front with Sturridge was a bit of tactical genious!! 

I don't think anyone had a poor game today, but I think a few deserve special mention: 

Migs and Agger were boss in the back, and I loved how Agger was getting physical with Van Pussy!!

Lucas and Gerrard were dominant and assertive in midfield and are showing that their partnership is critical to our success. 

Hendo had a spectacular game!!  He has come on leaps and bound so far this season, and if he can play with the same sort of confidence, energy, and drive in his game for the rest of the season I think he will completely banish the "overpriced" tag.

Sturridge and Coutinho were incredible, and I am so freaking excited to see those two get to line up alongside Suarez in a three pronged attack in a few weeks.  The pace, skill, vision, movement, and versatility of that trio is mouthwatering!! 
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #548: Sep 01, 2013 09:31:41 pm
      cant be anything but impressed by the teams performance so far.It does look well balanced and hard to beat.I am just so pleased that we have something we can all get behind now we have been stressed out for far too long.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #549: Sep 01, 2013 09:35:53 pm
       I have not seen the match yet but suffice to say I am delighted with the result,well done REDS proud of yer. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #550: Sep 01, 2013 09:36:45 pm
      What a fabulous weekendish,Thursday birthday celebrations for moi,Friday ,more birthday/anniversary celebrations ,Saturday a proper excellent anniversary meal with my beloved in prestbury (don't you know what what:-))and then beating that pile of sh*te from the shithole that is salford.xxxx and I had a fiver on Danny boy scoring the first!!!!!!!xx ;D
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #551: Sep 01, 2013 09:37:17 pm
      What a match, I hate the fact that we strike early then spend the rest of the game fighting off the opposition, it does nothing for my nerves (shot to pieces!) but shows we have the bottle to see it through to the end, these are the games we threw away last season !
      This season though we've won all three, 9 pts, top of the league, the Manc's in our back pocket, what more could we ask for at this stage of the season?
      with the yids losing we only need another 34 1-0's now !

Anyone got a spare programme for sale ?

Quick Reply