Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Tiago Ilori (Liverpool -> Reading)

Read 100868 times
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Re: Tiago Ilori Player Thread
      Reply #184: May 24, 2014 12:48:46 pm
      I don't think it would be a good idea to send him out on loan for another season, much better imo to "blood him" in the prem even if he only gets the odd League game and the cups.

Not sure if he can play full back? but that is usually a good way to introduce young players who may not have fully developed physically yet.

The thing that excites me most about Ilori is his pace. I would love to see us with fast CB's playing a high line ala Lawrenson and Hansen. 

I haven't seen much of him yet (just clips) but hoping to see him in preseason and hopefully much more of him next season.

I would personally loan him to a Premiership team in the bottom half of the table. It's the experience in the league of which he is lacking. Cannot see us blooding him into any Premiership games. Maybe Carling Cup though
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #185: May 24, 2014 12:49:04 pm
      OK lads, fair enough.
      All valid points, although my own view is obviously different.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #186: May 24, 2014 12:50:38 pm
      Loan him out again and it heightens the chances of us never seeing him in the first team here, simple as that. Name any player who went out on loan for 2 seasons or more and came back to be a regular 1st teamer. Its not easy.

Hes lightning quick hes tall and hes avery good with the ball. Let him mix it with his team mates in training and pre season games. If hes showing better then the others play him. Jesus its a postion we need to strengthen he just might be able to do that. If hes good enough hes old enough simple as that. Loan me arse

It's all part of a (enforced) wage regime that has seen us with a skeleton squad preparing for the next level that is CL football.
      The lad need bringing through the club's tiers at Melwood etc and honing the skills you mention mate, not loaning out for no more than financial reasons.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,279 posts | 2834 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #187: May 24, 2014 12:54:15 pm
      OK lads, fair enough.
      All valid points, although my own view is obviously different.

Be boring as hell mate if we all didn't share our view and opinions or if they were all the same.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #188: May 24, 2014 12:59:10 pm
      Be boring as hell mate if we all didn't share our view and opinions or if they were all the same.

It's not as if the points you and Saint made are bad ones.
      The same thoughts crossed my mind, but I just went a different route.

I think a lot depends on what BR and the coaches think in pre-season, and how much the lad has progressed.
      From what I've read Ilori is head and shoulders above others his age, so maybe it is time to get him in and see what he can do.
      The one thing I've noticed from clips (knowing they are a bad way to try and judge a player) is his confidence and self belief.

Oh yeah, and his pace.
      F***ing hell this lad is quick. I'm sure I read somewhere that he's quicker than Ronaldo.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,279 posts | 2834 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #189: May 24, 2014 01:02:46 pm
      I think it would be much much more beneficial that the club use Ilori, Kelly and Coates in pre season rather then Toure for example. Kolo wont be getting any better these 3 will.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #190: May 24, 2014 01:06:38 pm
      I think it would be much much more beneficial that the club use Ilori, Kelly and Coates in pre season rather then Toure for example. Kolo wont be getting any better these 3 will.

I'm still hoping Kelly can put his injury problems behind him.
      It would be such a shame if he had to move on, because his career has stalled through bad luck rather than anything else.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #191: May 24, 2014 01:09:01 pm

I think Coates may be gone by the start of the season mate.

I am sure I read something just prior to Coates injury that we were loaning him out with the option to buy? Obviously things change, but if there is any truth in us looking to buy a CB Coates would probably be the one to make way?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #192: May 24, 2014 01:09:56 pm
      It's not as if the points you and Saint made are bad ones.
      The same thoughts crossed my mind, but I just went a different route.

I think a lot depends on what BR and the coaches think in pre-season, and how much the lad has progressed.
      From what I've read Ilori is head and shoulders above others his age, so maybe it is time to get him in and see what he can do.
      The one thing I've noticed from clips (knowing they are a bad way to try and judge a player) is his confidence and self belief.

Oh yeah, and his pace.
      F***ing hell this lad is quick. I'm sure I read somewhere that he's quicker than Ronaldo.
      I heard he's the fastest player at Liverpool,  if he can tackle as well he could be just what we need next season.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #193: May 24, 2014 01:11:37 pm

I am sure I read something just prior to Coates injury that we were loaning him out with the option to buy? Obviously things change, but if there is any truth in us looking to buy a CB Coates would probably be the one to make way?
      I have no hope for Coates unfortunately,  fingers crossed for Ilori.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #194: May 24, 2014 01:12:35 pm

Pretty sure I read the same thing, although what I don't know is if the injury changed anything.

I think you're probably right that he'll be the one to go, if any of them do.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #195: May 24, 2014 01:14:24 pm
      I heard he's the fastest player at Liverpool,  if he can tackle as well he could be just what we need next season.

I've read a few reports about him, and it seems he's a good tackler.
      Just a little disclaimer that I've only seen a couple of vids, and he looks very good in them, but then players always look good in youtube videos  :f_tongueincheek:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #196: May 24, 2014 01:16:07 pm
      Just a little disclaimer that I've only seen a couple of vids, and he looks very good in them, but then players always look good in youtube videos  :f_tongueincheek:

I don't know, I think even with CGI, I'd look sh*te.  ;)
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #197: May 24, 2014 01:17:30 pm
      I've read a few reports about him, and it seems he's a good tackler.
      Haven't seen much of him to be honest. Can he also play full back?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #198: May 24, 2014 01:36:47 pm

Yes. He played there against manure
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #199: May 24, 2014 01:45:04 pm

So they say, but he's apparently better at CB even at such a young age.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #201: May 29, 2014 02:40:51 pm

Great pass from Ilori
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #202: May 29, 2014 02:49:18 pm

Very nice indeed! The lad actually goes on to score that too.

Huge potential and at the risk of repeating myself I think if he doesn't start as our starting CB next season he could easily finish as it.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,259 posts | 4933 
      Reply #203: May 29, 2014 02:51:05 pm
      Very nice indeed! The lad actually goes on to score that too.

Huge potential and at the risk of repeating myself I think if he doesn't start as our starting CB next season he could easily finish as it.

Mignolet

Flanagan  Ilori  Sakho  Moreno

Has a nice look about it Luke.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #204: May 29, 2014 02:53:45 pm
      Mignolet

It certainly does mate, although I did my monthly visit to Corbs twitter thread the other day and if he saw you putting Flanno in ahead of Johnson his head would explode. For that reason alone I think we should go with it :D

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #205: May 29, 2014 03:06:22 pm
      Mignolet

At the risk of getting flogged, I would actually hope to see us have someone a bit more experienced on the right than Flanagan. I think he's done great all things considered, but he made a lot of mistakes that put his CBs under pressure this season. If we could sort left and right backs both, we might not really need another CB.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,259 posts | 4933 
      Reply #206: May 29, 2014 03:17:09 pm
      It certainly does mate, although I did my monthly visit to Corbs twitter thread the other day and if he saw you putting Flanno in ahead of Johnson his head would explode. For that reason alone I think we should go with it :D

I might just go onto Twitter now and get him wound up.

Quick Reply