Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Tiago Ilori (Liverpool -> Reading)

Read 100755 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Tiago Ilori Player Thread
      Reply #92: Jan 07, 2014 11:48:44 pm
      Oh tiago.....where the f**k are you?

I know he was on the bench at the weekend but he's like the mystery man in first team terms.
      Very expensive to be kicking about the reserves

He was warming up right in front of me for ages during the first half against Oldham, I was convinced he was going to make an appearance in the second half, maybe had the score line been different he would have done, but Brendan had to bring the big boys on.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #93: Jan 07, 2014 11:50:18 pm
      Brendan had to bring the big boys on.

Something that shouldn't really have to be done against a team like Oldham. None the less, we got the win so I'm happy, one step closer to lifting the FA Cup!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #94: Jan 08, 2014 12:07:06 am
      Something that shouldn't really have to be done against a team like Oldham. None the less, we got the win so I'm happy, one step closer to lifting the FA Cup!

Your right of course Ben, the sad fact is these players aren't really up to the job, hence the reason why BR had to bring Lucas, Coutinho and Suarez on, in saying that, the likes of llori will never really get a chance, shame we're out of the League Cup as that competition would have been ideal to blood the likes of llori  :(
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #95: Jan 08, 2014 01:48:07 am
      Your right of course Ben, the sad fact is these players aren't really up to the job, hence the reason why BR had to bring Lucas, Coutinho and Suarez on, in saying that, the likes of llori will never really get a chance, shame we're out of the League Cup as that competition would have been ideal to blood the likes of llori  :(

Will be interesting to see if he does actually go out on loan this month like Rodgers suggested would happen.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #96: Jan 09, 2014 10:50:25 pm
      If Agger and Skrtel and sakho aren't available this weekend then is it ilori time?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,653 posts | 6948 
      Reply #97: Jan 10, 2014 01:28:32 am
      If Agger and Skrtel and sakho aren't available this weekend then is it ilori time?

You would think so. I'm not so sure. Seems to have been totally sidelined.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #98: Jan 10, 2014 01:36:28 am
      If the Skrtel thing is true, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly play CB rather than Ilori, I think Brendan is trying to protect him for as long as possible.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #99: Jan 10, 2014 02:10:19 pm
      From Peter Crouch? He is already strictly not premiership material
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #100: Jan 12, 2014 11:25:33 am
      @JamesPearceEcho: Rodgers still plans to send Tiago Ilori on loan this month despite Daniel Agger injury. #LFC
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #101: Jan 12, 2014 02:12:00 pm
      Surely this fella could've at least been tried as a wing back at some point with all the experimenting so far this season, thought he had blistering pace and he was good with the ball? Weird. Maybe we bought him to sell him for profit.

I really think Flanagan did really well with the chances he got but couldn't Ilori get the odd game? he's played that position before I believe and he must be better defensively than Cissokho, if not- then, why did we buy him.

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #102: Jan 20, 2014 01:06:45 pm
      So hes gone on loan as expected....i dont get this sh*t signing players just to send them out on loan all the time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6385 
      Reply #103: Jan 20, 2014 01:32:19 pm
      Rodgers has done well with most of our young players at this point. I'll trust this is part of his plan to get him ready for the future. It's obvious now he was never to be factored into the first team at this point in time.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #104: Jan 20, 2014 06:46:13 pm
      Rodgers has done well with most of our young players at this point. I'll trust this is part of his plan to get him ready for the future. It's obvious now he was never to be factored into the first team at this point in time.

Yep I agree FL, Brendan also came out and suggested the £7m fee paid for him is way off the true price paid so I'm less concerned about this one these days. Aspas, Alberto and Moses though, they do still fall into the category of signings that have had little or no positive influence.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6385 
      Reply #105: Jan 20, 2014 06:48:35 pm
      Yep I agree FL, Brendan also came out and suggested the £7m fee paid for him is way off the true price paid so I'm less concerned about this one these days. Aspas, Alberto and Moses though, they do still fall into the category of signings that have had little or no positive influence.

Honestly think Alberto was one that was a bit for the future as well...if not later this season, possibly for when (if?) we get CL football and for the domestic cups?

Aspas is a bit of a disappointment right now but part of me still thinks it may take him awhile to adjust. Moses is obviously the bad call but I'm wondering if he was second choice in the summer.....not who Brendan really wanted but who he had to settle for? Either way he's not been good enough and it doesn't look like it's down to skill...he just looks like he can't be asked to work hard.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #106: Jan 20, 2014 08:11:50 pm
      Yep, loan him out when we have just 2 CB's fit, excellent bit of business that. Not like it would have done him good to at least be involved in the FA Cup with us or anything.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #107: Jan 21, 2014 08:22:07 pm
      A time machine, no aspas, keep borini, no ilori, keep wisdom, no Alberto, keep suso and spend 20-25 million on what we actually need
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #108: Jan 21, 2014 09:44:51 pm
      A time machine, no aspas, keep borini, no ilori, keep wisdom, no Alberto, keep suso and spend 20-25 million on what we actually need
      and signed willian? He's not as good as I expected.  Mkhitaryan was a little overpriced.  Eriksen wanted Spurs because they had better league form.... we weren't able to land targets without paying stupid money. I don't think we wasted money, there are teams wanting to sign borini and Aspas,  I think Wisdom and Ilori both can have a future at lfc. We aint just going to have 1 defender and they both young.  Same for Suso and Alberto..... my only concern is that we are not loaning our players to the right team. Loaning borini to Sunderland is great.  He is playing well, scoring against even our rivals and same for assaidi at stoke. Loaning iilori to Monaco won't help him get premier league experience. I would much rather a loan to a team around 13-16 in PL where he could gain experience. If he isn't good enough to play for a lower PL team now he'll never be good enough for a Champions League final. Either it is a bad place to loan or he wasn't a good buy.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #109: Jan 21, 2014 09:52:43 pm
      Loaning iilori to Monaco won't help him get premier league experience.

Grenada... Wrong again Ripa :\
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #110: Jan 21, 2014 09:53:31 pm
      Yep, loan him out when we have just 2 CB's fit, excellent bit of business that. Not like it would have done him good to at least be involved in the FA Cup with us or anything.
      yes and also how we can be winning 5 nill and not give ilori time on the pitch. I remember us beating Norwich 5-1. He wasn't even on the bench and we only used 2 subs.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #111: Jan 21, 2014 10:01:47 pm
      oh yeah sorry it's grenada.... Still it is not pl so it's not the best loan move for him.

pl clubs obviously not interested. Those down the table would rather go with experience, for example West Ham with Roger Johnson.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #112: Jan 21, 2014 10:19:08 pm
      pl clubs obviously not interested. Those down the table would rather go with experience, for example West Ham with Roger Johnson.

Shows how stupid and clueless Fat Sam is, Roger Johnson a player who could not even get into 1st division team and was loaned out to another club!

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #113: Feb 08, 2014 10:08:12 am
      Illori's debut  in Spain>>
      Tiago Ilori (Granada) vs Espanyol.

ps...this link says   the video blocked . click on view on youtube and it will get you there

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2014 10:56:04 am by carragerrard »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #114: Feb 08, 2014 10:59:58 am
      There is definitely a talented player there, just needs more game time.

Quick Reply