Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Tiago Ilori (Liverpool -> Reading)

Read 102301 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Tiago Ilori Player Thread
      Reply #460: Sep 01, 2015 07:49:50 pm
      Moving Ilori on could be, as much as anything, a declaration that he has absolute confidence in the first choice CBs.

Or it could be another move by Brendan to say "He was not my signing..off he goes we have Dejan!"
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #461: Sep 01, 2015 07:58:58 pm
      Looking on the bright side, if he is actually worse and makes more mistakes than the centre backs we have, just think how many goals we will score against Villa.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #462: Sep 01, 2015 08:12:07 pm
      Looking on the bright side, if he is actually worse and makes more mistakes than the centre backs we have, just think how many goals we will score against Villa.

Haha some funny logic there mate ;D

Watched every game. He missed one with a little knock, but in all the games he looked significantly more solid and competent than any of our CBs have looked recently.

You couldn't even try to sell me the idea that he's any worse than what we've got out there. I've seen him play in multiple competitive matches. He'd certainly impress

Don't understand the bullsh*t politics that go on behind the scenes but I can't possibly believe that this decision was based on actual skill or ability to add value.

Exactly what I'd heard and looking at his loans (stats) he's been proving very good indeed. All I've heard about the lad is good things and frankly I'm not surprised to hear it's Brendan's call to send him out, giving them an option to buy just twists the knife.

Here's a funny article to give you lads a chuckle:

http://footballfocusng.com/ilori-sakho-are-our-future-says-rodgers/

Yeah, of course believing Brendan about absolutely anything really does seem to be one of the most naive things anyone can do.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #463: Sep 01, 2015 08:51:34 pm
      When Louvrens inept displays get Brendan the sack, the new manager might even play this guy.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #464: Sep 01, 2015 09:18:42 pm
      Haha some funny logic there mate ;D

Exactly what I'd heard and looking at his loans (stats) he's been proving very good indeed. All I've heard about the lad is good things and frankly I'm not surprised to hear it's Brendan's call to send him out, giving them an option to buy just twists the knife.

Here's a funny article to give you lads a chuckle:

http://footballfocusng.com/ilori-sakho-are-our-future-says-rodgers/

Yeah, of course believing Brendan about absolutely anything really does seem to be one of the most naive things anyone can do.

Never seen a man more full of sh*t in my life. Frustrated as can be.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #465: Sep 01, 2015 09:22:56 pm
      Did well in Spain and France when he was fit, one of the best CB's in the U21 Euros when he played, and would've been picked in team of the tournament if he didn't miss 2 games. Composed, quick and physically imposing , can tackle, read the game well, good in the air and a good short passer.... what more do you want? Could've at least given him a try.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #466: Sep 01, 2015 09:42:37 pm
      The option to buy suggests to me that this is another player we've sent out on loan that probably won't play for us again (or make a debut in Ilori's case)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #467: Sep 01, 2015 10:19:23 pm
      I cannot for the life of me figure out why we would loan Tiago out with an option to buy.

So if he has a great season with Villa we will do what... sell him for a few million next Summer? And hold on to Lovren?

The mind truly boggles.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #468: Sep 01, 2015 10:22:45 pm
      Flip side of this.. Illori now has the chance to show if he has it for the demands of the premier league. If he proves he's up to it then we benefit all be it next season. And that's only IF he gets into villas team...

If he doesn't get in to there team then we must question if he's good enough. Also if he does play and turns out not to be as good as me and most others assume he is then isn't it better to find that out while he's playing for another side?

Look I really wanted him to get a go here, why not the current centre halves aren't world beaters. But this might be a good move for him and us. Let's see how it plays out
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #469: Sep 01, 2015 10:47:26 pm
      So next summer will be losing the £7mill for a player to not even make a single minute on the pitch for us in so much as pre-season over the space of 3 seasons.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #470: Sep 01, 2015 10:52:42 pm
      Flip side of this.. Illori now has the chance to show if he has it for the demands of the premier league. If he proves he's up to it then we benefit all be it next season. And that's only IF he gets into villas team...

Or he'll never pull on a red shirt while Brendan is manager.

I know where my money would be Bri.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #471: Sep 01, 2015 10:59:18 pm

If he doesn't get in to there team then we must question if he's good enough. Also if he does play and turns out not to be as good as me and most others assume he is then isn't it better to find that out while he's playing for another side?

Look I really wanted him to get a go here, why not the current centre halves aren't world beaters. But this might be a good move for him and us. Let's see how it plays out

If he plays well then Villa have the right to sign him. So either way we won't see him playing for LFC.

verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #472: Sep 01, 2015 11:01:45 pm
      some one hand me a gun
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #473: Sep 02, 2015 12:41:09 am
      Or it could be another move by Brendan to say "He was not my signing..off he goes we have Dejan!"

I'd say that's more like it. I hate this side of Brendan as a manager. He insists on trying to force good performances out of his signings (Lovren, Borini, Allen etc.) yet refuses to give chances to those he hasn't signed. He needs to wake up!
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #474: Sep 02, 2015 02:02:45 am

My feeling too. Seems like the tugas aren't being treated too fairly at our club.

I'd say that's more like it. I hate this side of Brendan as a manager. He insists on trying to force good performances out of his signings (Lovren, Borini, Allen etc.) yet refuses to give chances to those he hasn't signed. He needs to wake up!

Disgraceful trait in him IMO. Look at what happened to Reina, Agger, Suso, Shelvey, Kuyt, hell even Gerrard.

I honestly bet he would've shipped out Stevie the second he got here if he knew that he wouldn't get his head ripped off by us for doing it.

It's all a power dynamic with him and trying to come in and make the club his own. Complete disregard for the other signings.

Still absolutely livid over this situation. Didn't even give him a chance.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #475: Sep 02, 2015 04:37:50 am
      Wilson, Ayala, pauletta, Coates, kelly, San Jose and now Illori
      Missing a few others I am sure.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #476: Sep 02, 2015 01:09:19 pm
      So next summer will be losing the £7mill for a player to not even make a single minute on the pitch for us in so much as pre-season over the space of 3 seasons.

Economies (the FSG variety), false or otherwise, take precedent.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ilori-liverpool-fc-bank-1m-9971565

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #477: Sep 02, 2015 01:59:13 pm

Wait till Texiera gets pushed aside. Poor kid needs game time NOW. Hopefully at least cups and Europa.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #478: Sep 02, 2015 02:05:36 pm
      Wait till Texiera gets pushed aside. Poor kid needs game time NOW. Hopefully at least cups and Europa.

I'll be livid if he doesn't start EL games.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #479: Sep 02, 2015 03:06:57 pm
      Might as well get the lividness out the way now then.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #480: Sep 02, 2015 04:23:51 pm
      Haven't said it yet, but best of luck to Tiago. Hope he lights up the league back there and Villa exercise the option to buy him out and then he gets sold somewhere else by them for a quick profit.

Understandably that's a controversial type thing to say, but frankly, if Brendan is in charge, we don't deserve him if he does light up the league. Not after shipping him out three times in a row before even giving him a shot in our kit.

If the same happens to Tex I think that I'll go to FSG's office myself and tell them to f*ck off I'll take Brendo's job for free.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #481: Sep 04, 2015 08:42:50 am
      I thought he was going to stay and fight for his place?

Is it official he's gone on loan to Villa?

What a crock of crap if he has.

I've never seen him play to be honest but I would have loved to have seen him show us what he could do in LFC colours.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #482: Sep 04, 2015 04:26:18 pm
      I thought he was going to stay and fight for his place?

Is it official he's gone on loan to Villa?

What a crock of crap if he has.

I've never seen him play to be honest but I would have loved to have seen him show us what he could do in LFC colours.

It's official. Taken the No. 2 kit over at Villa. I'm sure Sherwood will take great care of him...

Quick Reply